PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harry to Chicago for 2024 7th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Patriots fans are not what you define them to be much as the Legion of BB defenders claim absolute authority on this matter. Just cos you say it, doesn't make it so.
I said what happened at Gillette when Tom visited, the majority of fans dictated the response. Sucks for you, you wanted them to boo Bill. Why? Some weird Brady fetish I’ll never understand.

I love both guys like brothers, could care less about your imaginary battle between the two. I don’t see anyone saying Brady sucks, because that would be absurd. There’s a host of entitled nancy’s who suggest BB sucks in every post. They pretend they don’t, then accuse anyone who disagrees with exactly what they’re guilty of… hero worship.
Oh you criticized BB's drafting, you're not a real Patriot fan, is not a logical argument. It's circular nonsense logic.
I criticize BB’s draft’s all the time, his free agency moves as well. I have the receipts and can prove it. Saying a pick is bad is a grand canyon sized leap from saying the best to ever do it is bad at their job.
The fact remains that N'Keal Harry is BB's greatest draft failure. BB hasn't drafted a pro bowl talent since Donta Hightower in 2012 and now Mac Jones in 2021. And the man who stacked the draft board for the 2021 draft, Dave Ziegler, has left for the Raiders to join Josh McDaniels.
The greatest failure of the winningest coach/GM in NFL history, I guess “perspective” is just me being a homer as well.

The pro bowl is voted on by fans, the Pats were the most despised team in America for two decades. The pro bowl vote as a qualifier is nonsense. Shaq Mason and Joe Thuney played pro bowl caliber football all the time and rarely went. They won when free agency came though. $$$

These are all facts. The rest is just interjections, objections, and justifications by the loyal Legion of BB defenders.
Why does the best coach/GM in NFL history need defending?
The real question you should ask yourself is this, if BB is willing to accept his mistake and move on by trading away N'Keal Harry for a mere 2024 7th round pick to the Chicago Bears, why can't you?
He says on page 22…

Last edited:
View attachment 43929
27 posts of b**tching about how long the thread is. Lol

My first post didn’t come until page 7, after reading your menstruations for the better part of two days.

I posted again a full day later when it kept going and going.

Yeah, then I allowed myself to get dragged into an debate with fools… on day four.

Your 50 page N’Keal thread last year at this time wasn’t concise or thorough enough.. keep it going.

We need more information about how about how bad this one draft pick from back in 2019 was.

Last edited:
RAS-IR Dowling? He never even saw the field enough to earn much hate. He was just a bust out the gate cos he was damaged goods. I don't know what team doctors cleared his bill of health before his drafting, but hopefully they have been long fired.

We never drafted Ocho Cinco or spent a 1st round pick on him so he was far less disappointing as a give him a try out in the twilight of his career veteran.

LOL what did Harry 'Flash', it certainly was not separation or anything resembling ball skills for a WR drafted to catch 'contested 50/50' balls.

Your last sentence makes the most sense out of that whole tirade, unfortunately BB is still in charge of shopping for his own groceries. If Thornton is another big FAIL, Kraft might be forced to take away those grocery shopping keys.

N'Keal Harry showed lots of potential at training camp when we saw him in person winning 50-50 battles with the DBs and was physically imposing. Personally, I hope he finds success as he's a good guy but a bad fit in New England. He reminds me in some ways of Brandon Tate (UNC '09) who struggled to find a role with the Patriots but wound up as the all-time return leader for the Bengals and a reliable #4 receiver. He was also a good guy.

Oh, and let's not jump the gun on Tyquan Thornton out of Baylor. He's a rookie in a room with a bunch of solid veteran receivers and tight ends. The expectations for his rookie season should be modest. Kendrick Bourne, Devante Parker, Jacobi Meyers, Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith is a terrific receiving corps. The heat is definitely on Nelson Agholor to step up this year. If Tyquan Thornton provides some production in that mix, it's icing on the cake.

They were drafted the same year in 2010. Although I would've liked Spikes taken a little later, I loved him as a player.

He was 2014.
True, but Belichick just does it better than those other teams.
Great, great point. The one thing about the draft and all the talking heads is that there is very little accountability. Personally, I have no idea how Belichick would rank among other GMs in draft success. My guess is that the Ravens have a great success rate and maybe the Saints who seem like they hit on guys we never heard of. The other thing is longevity. Belichick has been at this for over 20 years. How many GMs have a track record that long. In the AFC East alone all the teams run through GMs and Head Coaches like sh*t through a goose. Belichick takes heat because he's got a long history of hits and misses.

Harry is certainly among the worst but there are many contenders through the Pats history. Especially in the pre-Belichick era
Ken Sims was actually a serviceable player much like Malcolm Brown. He just wasn't the beast he was hyped as. The drugs problem might have had something to do with it.
Other names that should be brought up for first rounders
1st rounder 6th overall Dennis Byrd. The Pats called him to tell him he was drafted by them when he was recovering after knee surgery. Ooops!
Did end up playing 1 year for them
1st rounder 4th overall Phil Olson. Got hurt in the College All Star game. Knee. was never the same player. Never played for the Pats. At least they were able to trade him for a 1st.
Back then, with medicine being what is was, knee problems were much more serious.
1st rounder 29th overall Cris Canty. Started 10 games over 2 seasons for the Pats. I just hated him after watching him celebrate a big hit in preseason by strutting around while the live ball laid on the field. he had caused a fumble but was too unaware to realize it.
At least the 1st 2 had injuries derail their careers. Not sure N'Keal harry can say that.
Holy cow! Phil Olsen? There's a name out of ancient history. He was drafted in 1970 by the Boston Patriots! His brother, Merlin Olsen, turned out to be pretty good. Phil Olsen was drafted by UNH legend George Sauer who was the first GM of the NYJ.

I pray that you can let go of your disappointment about Phil Olsen.

Ok so Bill can kinda coach. But it was just point out that his trades are blah too. Then you have drafting in general. Then GM duties, then the WR drafting.

So BB best to worst:

Coaching then it falls off quite a bit.

Trading
GMing
Drafting
WR drafting

Or is it:
Coach

Trading
Drafting
GMing
WR drafting.

WR drafting is obviously on the bottom. 2nd worst must be GMing or drafting?

And speaking of falling off. What is the delta between in Coaching and his 2nd best.

Also the delta between his 2nd worst and his absolutely worst WR drafting.

Also is it fair to put his Press Conf attitude and just general demeanor in here too as it is not the greatest.

Also, would you say that Spygate and perhaps the whole Deflate Gate and the handing (or allowing) could be on the list. I think they could be considered tangible things to rate someone on.

Also, would you say that Spygate and perhaps the whole Deflate Gate and the handing (or allowing) could be on the list. I think they could be considered tangible things to rate someone on.

Bill’s coaching during the week leading up to SB 49 was what was legendary and what won us the game. He was handling deflategate and preparing his team at the same time. Somewhere during that time he managed to coach Malcolm Butler and explain to him how to intercept Wilson at the goal line…

I never heard of him before, but he describes his methodology in that he looks at a GM's overall record, with a weighted emphasis on more recent results.

Using that criteria, of course Belichick would be considered a top GM...

He isn't a top GM even using Daugherty's methodology, especially if more recent results are weighted heavier.

"Listen, strange owners lyin' in ponds distributin' Head Coaches is no basis for a system of NFL Super Bowls. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the forums, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
...or from some moistened b!tch lobbing a 5-year fully-guaranteed contract...

Last edited:
What part is the joke, the trade? We got a draft pick for him and got immediate cap relief, for a guy that was about to get cut. That's called making the best of it and moving on, something that BB does exceedingly well.

He should; he's had enough practice doing so.

My first post didn’t come until page 7, after reading your menstruations for the better part of two days.

I posted again a full day later when it kept going and going.

Yeah, then I allowed myself to get dragged into an debate with fools… on day four.

Your 50 page N’Keal thread last year at this time wasn’t concise or thorough enough.. keep it going.

We need more information about how about how bad this one draft pick from back in 2019 was.
Post 28. After starting on page 7. Impressive. Cannot wait for post 29.

What would make this thread fun is going back over the years and pulling some posts about Harry. Especially during camp last year. We have time to kill before the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents