PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harry out 4 weeks with shoulder injury

See ya NKeal Harry. Probably the end of your career here after you collect a couple more injury paychecks. Same boat as Stidham. The Pats didn't go get a bunch of WRs, or draft Mac, if their jobs or roles were secured.

Just a horrible first round pick. His college tape was meh at best. As a pro, he stinks. we passed up on future all pro WRs for this guy. Fire our chief WR scout.

it’s over..let’s move on.
Actually his college tape was excellent. His play in college is why he was rated a 1st round pick. He’s just never translated his success in college to NFL success. His story is as old as football itself. There have been thousands of successful college players who never find success in the NFL. It’s unfortunate, but facts are facts.

That being said, he may find success elsewhere. Maybe he finds a WR coach who can help turn his career around. There have been hundreds of stories as well in football history. I look at a guy like Darren Waller, who bounced around and nobody wanted, Raiders took a chance on him, realized his talents, coached him up, and now he’s a star. One thing I hope whoever that coach is, teaches him he doesn’t have to go to the ground on every catch, and dont dive for the ball unless it’s necessary, take that extra step and stay on your feet, run through the ball.

One thing I’d like to add about Harry, Mac may be the one QB who could help turn Harry’s career around (if the Pats keep Harry). He seems to throw to him more than Cam does. On that 3rd and 13 where Mac hits him for 15 was a nice play. Wish Harry stayed on his feet, probably could’ve gained a few extra yards. And on the bomb, perfectly placed ball, just needed to take ONE more step and that’s a LONG completion, possible even a TD. But Mac seems to have no problem going Harry’s way. I believe the good camp Harry had, a majority of his catches came from Mac. Though I do remember him catching a bomb from Cam.

It really is a shame. To quote A Bronx Tale, nothing worse than wasted talent.

Option 3 is something of a best case scenario, IMO.

Gives the team 8 weeks to test out Wiklerson/Zuber, a chance to see if they can earn their keep. If they are bums, then in steps Harry.

One thing I’d like to add about Harry, Mac may be the one QB who could help turn Harry’s career around (if the Pats keep Harry). He seems to throw to him more than Cam does. On that 3rd and 13 where Mac hits him for 15 was a nice play. Wish Harry stayed on his feet, probably could’ve gained a few extra yards. And on the bomb, perfectly placed ball, just needed to take ONE more step and that’s a LONG completion, possible even a TD. But Mac seems to have no problem going Harry’s way. I believe the good camp Harry had, a majority of his catches came from Mac. Though I do remember him catching a bomb from Cam.

It really is a shame. To quote A Bronx Tale, nothing worse than wasted talent.
And to paraphrase the same movie: Now youse CAN leave, Harry.

Actually his college tape was excellent. His play in college is why he was rated a 1st round pick. He’s just never translated his success in college to NFL success. His story is as old as football itself. There have been thousands of successful college players who never find success in the NFL. It’s unfortunate, but facts are facts.

That being said, he may find success elsewhere. Maybe he finds a WR coach who can help turn his career around. There have been hundreds of stories as well in football history. I look at a guy like Darren Waller, who bounced around and nobody wanted, Raiders took a chance on him, realized his talents, coached him up, and now he’s a star. One thing I hope whoever that coach is, teaches him he doesn’t have to go to the ground on every catch, and dont dive for the ball unless it’s necessary, take that extra step and stay on your feet, run through the ball.

his College tape was far from excellent

not even close to as good as AJ Browns

Harry was a YAC guys who could make people miss in college. And he could win 50/50 balls. Problem is he never had the speed to get good separation and he isn't fast enough to make people miss in the pros. Not sure he wins those 50/50 battles as much here either. Brady simply wouldn't throw those balls and most of the time threw to open guys. Either way plenty of folks have made the point that from terms of just busting people and getting open - Harry never looked good.

Some guys can make people miss after the catch - like Dion Lewis - but its hard to project. For whatever reason Pats seem averse to drafting a regular speed guy and can't taking guys like Harry. No one else gets it.. Last real burner we drafted was Terry Glenn..

I feel like BB likes tough nosed football player types and that gets him into troubles with at the WR spot. You really do want a track star with your first round wideout. The guys with speed to burn seem to do very well.

As an outside WR, he couldn't even get consistent separation in college. I'm not sure how that's supposed to be translating as "excellent".

and one played in the SEC, while Harry played in the Pac 10 (12) whatever it is. Just an awful pick, they couldn't trade him now for a bag of magic beans

K'Neal = K'lown...Just a klueless ****ing klown.

Go away, you useless ****ing turd, and stay gone, along with the idiot who picked you.

There will be so many better WRs available on Cut-Down Day...

K'Neal = K'lown...Just a klueless ****ing klown.

Go away, you useless ****ing turd, and stay gone, along with the idiot who picked you.

There will be so many better WRs available on Cut-Down Day...

I applaud the effort, but you're trying too had. If you're going to create a nickname for someone based on their actual name, you should probably get that name correct.

N'Keal, not K'Neal.

I was really pulling for him. It was blatantly obvious by his tape he wasn't going to be catching many wide open catches, but he seemed tough enough to outmuscle and box out guys for catches, seemed to have good hands. You see glimpses but it's too infrequent. He's either in his own head, doesn't have the confidence he had in college, or a combination of both facing much better competition at corner.

We got more out of Dobson.

Harry will likely be a trade deadline trade at this point with the Pats trying to get whatever they can for the guy. He is now an injury prone under achiever.

It is the usual N'Keal Harry move, come up injured, and get paid. It is time to get rid of him, the best way possible. Admit to the mistake of taking him in Round 1.

The Pats tried to trade him with the big sell job "he is doing outstanding during the practices." No other team was interested enough to give the Pats what they wanted for him.

In reality, he has been schitt in pre-season games, this now makes trading him more complex, and now the injury.

Just cut him loose and swallow the loss.

Outside of Gronk, and Edelman we sucked at drafting wide receivers in recent years.

Our scouting team sucksZ

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back