PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guys, we'll never have to hear about Brady being a "system" QB ever again

none of those TD passes looked familiar?
I’m pretty sure every offense has those route concepts in their playbook.

I’m pretty sure every offense has those route concepts in their playbook.
I'm sure they do... You don't think the first Gronk TD throw was something those two haven't run 1000 times before? Of course it was.
The TD, the one where Arians said AB ran the wrong route? You havent Tom toss that to Jules time after time? Tom was running with what he knew and what he trusted.

Sure we will. It's not any less stupid/crazy now than it was then. These people do not care about facts.

none of those TD passes looked familiar?

I'm sure they do... You don't think the first Gronk TD throw was something those two haven't run 1000 times before? Of course it was.
The TD, the one where Arians said AB ran the wrong route? You havent Tom toss that to Jules time after time? Tom was running with what he knew and what he trusted.

The first TD pass, no. I’ve never seen the Patriots run that exact misdirection screen to Gronk. That was a great call...it’s a play the Chiefs run.

I don’t know on the second one. It looked like Brady had so much time in the pocket that Gronk broke inward as more of an improv. But sure, sending Gronk down the seem was a Patriots staple.

On the AB touchdown, he went outside-in rather than inside-out. Either way, of course the Patriots run that on the one-yard line, as does every team.

The Bucs ran a totally different gameplan from the rest of the season. The gameplan was very specific to their strengths and the Chiefs weaknesses. They made it so easy on Brady...one of the very rare postseason games where I think Brady wasn’t even necessary and a lot of QBs would have dominated.

Frankly, Josh McDaniels has never called a game like that in a Super Bowl. Not even close. And sure, Tampa‘s talent helps a lot, but Leftwich completely owned Spagnuolo.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back