PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gunner needs to sit a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it was so much group think as you would like to believe. You made a post that came across as a knee jerk reaction and it was an absurd idea. You got slammed with disagrees because of it.
It would be knee jerk if Olzewski had been effective other than the one mistake. Or if Olzewski wasn't a rookie. But he is a rookie and he had a generally terrible game beyond the muffed catch that turned into a special teams TD for the Jets.

We're talking about a rookie who was not only ineffective but gave the opposing team 7 points. Giving him a week off to focus on getting better in practice is not only not "knee jerk," it's downright reasonable.

Again, I'd get the backlash if I'd said cut him. But all this because I think they should sit a rookie for a game? Nonsense

It would be knee jerk if Olzewski had been effective other than the one mistake. Or if Olzewski wasn't a rookie. But he is a rookie and he had a generally terrible game beyond the muffed catch that turned into a special teams TD for the Jets.

We're talking about a rookie who was not only ineffective but gave the opposing team 7 points. Giving him a week off to focus on getting better in practice is not only not "knee jerk," it's downright reasonable.

Again, I'd get the backlash if I'd said cut him. But all this because I think they should sit a rookie for a game? Nonsense

very knee jerk reaction

Gunner is going to be fine.

Maybe they forgot this week. I'm sure they'll bench him next week and teach him a lesson.

Funny. Clearly BB who has a clearer picture of the sitaution doesn't think Gunner needs a break. I still maintain that the idea wasn't as ridiculous as people are making it out to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes