PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gunner gunning for the Edelman role

According to Doug Kyed, Olszewski was looking like the second-best receiver in TC. Then he got injured, and they more or less gave up on using him at WR.

While not absolutely safe, I'd put his overall contributions on STs similar to Edelman's (remember: after one of his Chargers TDs, he made the tackle on the ensuing kickoff). Given that, I'd say he's got better than a 50-50 chance.

The telling factor will be if he shows up in camp with a beard, a children's book titled "Mac and the Feisty Gerbil", and starts his own cooking channel on YouTube called "Ol' Chefski."

I was at best buy yesterday grabbing some speaker harnesses and I saw a new 4k box set of The Shining, 2001 and Full Metal Jacket.. I was very tempted
The Shining still freaks me out. I was 11 when I watched it on VHS. Way too young to watch that thing. The book was worse.

The Shining still freaks me out. I was 11 when I watched it on VHS. Way too young to watch that thing. The book was worse.
Amityville Horror - read it when I was about that age. Loved it. Then, visiting my Aunt's house, I went upstairs to the bathroom. The stairs had a landing 1/2 way up. The window there? One of those half-circle segmented deals. Just like that damn house in Amityville had. I actually froze, and I swear to God I saw some red glowing eyes staring back at me.

Amityville Horror - read it when I was about that age. Loved it. Then, visiting my Aunt's house, I went upstairs to the bathroom. The stairs had a landing 1/2 way up. The window there? One of those half-circle segmented deals. Just like that damn house in Amityville had. I actually froze, and I swear to God I saw some red glowing eyes staring back at me.
Salems Lot. Another one that stayed with me for a bit as a kid.

A few years back I was on an international flight....cabin dark...everyone sleeping but me. Put on a movie....The Conjuring. Jesus must have woken the people next to me a 1/2 dozen times with the jumps.

A few years back I was on an international flight....cabin dark...everyone sleeping but me. Put on a movie....The Conjuring. Jesus must have woken the people next to me a 1/2 dozen times with the jumps.
If a book or movie has that kind of lasting effect, then it's a good one. It doesn't have to be critically acclaimed, it just needs to grab on and stay with you for a while.

If a book or movie has that kind of lasting effect, then it's a good one. It doesn't have to be critically acclaimed, it just needs to grab on and stay with you for a while.
Agree.

I read a bunch of Stephen King books as a kid thru HS. My mom is a big reader so she all of them lying around so...

Easily the most terrifying book I've ever read.

King is fantastic.

King is fantastic.
Hands down

I watched the mini-series before reading the book. The tv show was Sesame Street compared to the book. Christ.

Reactions: Ian

Whipper-snapper...

King's magnum opus for me will always be The Stand...Two mini-series have been made from it, but the book itself remains the best way to enjoy it...Although I did enjoy seeing Laura San Giacomo's big giant breasteses (behind a bra damit) during the first one...

Whipper-snapper...

King's magnum opus for me will always be The Stand...Two mini-series have been made from it, but the book itself remains the best way to enjoy it...Although I did enjoy seeing Laura San Giacomo's big giant breasteses (behind a bra damit) during the first one...
I'll be 50 in a couple of months and I'm still a whipper-snapper....bless you Capt

That's the Aaron Rodgers thread. :D

King is fantastic.

Joe and Naomi King both went to my high school. They are 2-4 years older than I am. Joe was apparently a very nice guy but I was definitely an odd duck, very quiet. Usually walked around in a dark trenchcoat and dark glasses.

My school was ahead of its time in terms of gay and lesbian rights and Naomi was one of the people who was asked to speak and an Assembly during “gay and lesbian awareness day”. She got the (super) quick hook from the teachers, after telling us about her and her female taking turns sticking garden hoses up each others arses (kinky enema play, apparently). True story, not sure if she was probably embellishing for the shock value.

Whipper-snapper...

The unabridged version of The Stand is the one to read if you have the option.

The original Conjuring was pretty creepy. They’ve gotten worse and worse as time has gone on.

I can see that. I didn't first see The Shining until 14 or 15... now I mainly watch it for Jack, any sort of symbolism Kubrick threw in and the camera and music choices. Such an interesting movie even if it didn't stay true to King's novel. The old lady in the bathtub is the only thing that still gives me chills.

The two majors for me as a child:
-one of the Nightmare on Elm Street's where Freddy turns into a motorcycle wtf
-The Fly: most of it, but specifically the monkey soup after it goes through the teleportation devices and when he snaps the dude's forearm in the bar while arm wrestling

King is fantastic.
Was reading one of King's novels alone in my apartment in Boston and come to the part where the perpetrator is standing at the corner of Tremont and LaGrange Streets in Boston...... where was I living...at the corner of Tremont and Lagrange..Put that book away and decided to finish it later...at a different location....

I don't see it. But the one reason for hope would be that it took Edleman a couple of years to make an impact and grow into the role. Wouldn't hurt him to add a little muscle to his frame.

Gunner is literally mirroring Edelman so far... long-shot late rounder/UDFA converting from a different position to WR, carving out a spot as a PR, waiting for his chance. Edelman did little until the year Welker left (2013) and he broke out. That was Jules' fifth year, though.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back