PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guessing the rookies jersey numbers

How about looking at the actual team transactions - June 10th to be exact.

He was placed on waivers June 10. He passed waivers and reverted to the NFI list on June 13. This is consistent with both your link and the team roster.

He was placed on waivers June 10. He passed waivers and reverted to the NFI list on June 13. This is consistent with both your link and the team roster.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Thought he was gone after getting released, my bad.

The trend for WR's is to take numbers in the teens, so I think Thornton will take 11 or 13 which I'm not a fan of. I'd like him to have 84 to look like vintage Moss or 86. 84 isn't available but 86 could be.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Thought he was gone after getting released, my bad.
All good, just wanted to clarify for everyone making their picks what's available. Ultimately it probably doesn't matter, because they could easily just give his number away again. He only got 13 in the first place because Peppers signed and took 3.

I think it sucks that they expanded the number range for the defense. LBs shouldn't be taking single digit numbers. Ya I'm talking to you Jodon and Bently.

I like Thornton 80 or 88.

Strange 69!

And of course Thornton gets the skinny 11 rather than the much wider 88.

CStrange - 69
TThornton - 11
MJones - 24
JJones - 25
PStrong-43 ps/42rs
BZappe - 12
KHarris- 13
SRoberts-97
CHines-64
AStueber-65
got 2 ... Strange and Thornton ...

Off by one on Hines/Stuber/MJones/Roberts

Not too shabby...

I think 88 would have looked pretty nice on Thornton. Hopefully he does 11 proud.

I would've thought that Strange would get 13. Instead, he got Gronk's favorite number. :)

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back