PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk's Heir Apparent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel Coats

Rookie
Reaction score
We all know Gronk has been getting knicked here and there for years and isn't going to last. I just wanted to know who we should allow into the arms of this franchise as the TE? I'd like to see Coach Belichick extend an offer to Kittle from SF. Thoughts?

We all know Gronk has been getting knicked here and there for years and isn't going to last. I just wanted to know who we should allow into the arms of this franchise as the TE? I'd like to see Coach Belichick extend an offer to Kittle from SF. Thoughts?

While I'm a huge Kittle fan, I don't see why they'd have any incentive to trade him away. If I were in charge, I'd target another Iowa TE in the draft in T.J. Hockenson. There are some Gronk lite players in the next year or two. We don't need a HoF level player as his replacement, but we do need someone who can block and catch at a competent level.

In the Pats system, Kittle would excel. I'd buy out his 2.8mil contract and add a sweetner to the 49ers to get him. But if Coach has a bead on the draft board, then so be it, but we'll need a Kelce or Ertz after Gronk to stay dominant in the division.

We loved Kittle in the draft forum.

I doubt SF let's him go for anything less than a top 50 pick. If that's the case I'm calling TB about OJ.

Noah Fant is a great all around TE from Iowa. Moves like a WR, real deep threat. Good not great blocker. Plays smart taking angles away. He'll test well & be a 1st rounder. Skills might be wasted on the los anyway. He's gifted in the open field.

His teammate Hockenson really blew up this year. He's a savage blocker. He'll be stalk blocking WRs for years. Another guy that can really get move. 6'5 240 w plenty of room for some added weight. Showed some nice body control in the RZ. Strong, natural hands. Looks like a Kittle-clone.

Josh Oliver is 65/250 & might run a 4.5. Showed some promise as a blocker & adjustment to 50/50 balls.

Strenberger is another guy that shows real promise as a blocker but will get too loose around his base, over extended at times, plays a too high but the tools are there for a well rounded player. He has legit long speed & a big catch radius.

Irv Smith could be a vg move TE. Has work to do as a blocker as well but he has legit acceleration & speed. Smart player that will eat zones alive.

Dawson Knox has great size (64/245), former QB & + athleticism. Strong that pluck the ball out of the air & always secures it. Separates in/out of breaks & can line up almost anywhere.

Nauta is another guy to keep an eye on. I can't imagine anyone taking him before Rd 3 rn & could be a good one. Was always underutilized at UG. Like everyone else has work to do but he's very athletic & could be a yac monster.

Eventually I'll have a thread to really break them down in the draft forum.

Last edited:
Can't see why SF would entertain the move... As mentioned by posters already, HoF Gronk isn't going to be replaced by someone of his stature. It does, however, make sense to make a move.

day 3 : Kendall Blanton and Logan Parker

day 3 : Kendall Blanton and Logan Parker
Very interested to see how Parker test after his weight gain.

Blanton's been overshadowed since day 1 & could be a nice day 3 find.

Can't wait for the threads half a year after Gronk retired that blame BB for not drafting another HoF TE. Even if you take out blocking for the sake of the argument it is really hard to find good move TEs otherwise more teams would have one. Finding a complete one is really rare.

Nauta is another guy to keep an eye on. I can't imagine anyone taking him before Rd 3 rn & could be a good one. Was always underutilized at UG. Like everyone else has work to do but he's very athletic & could be monster.

He's always good for sneaky third down conversions. It's like the other team just forgets to cover him on a regular basis. Good call.

Can't wait for the threads half a year after Gronk retired that blame BB for not drafting another HoF TE. Even if you take out blocking for the sake of the argument it is really hard to find good move TEs otherwise more teams would have one. Finding a complete one is really rare.
There are plenty of really good TE's both Flex/Y. It's more to do with the QB situation or other positions being a better option.

He's always good for sneaky third down conversions. It's like the other team just forgets to cover him on a regular basis. Good call.
I've liked him forever it seems but he just hasn't blown up. I think he test well though. Might run sub 4.60.

We loved Kittle in the draft forum.

I doubt SF let's him go for anything less than a top 50 pick. If that's the case I'm calling TB about OJ.

Noah Fant is a great all around TE from Iowa. Moves like a WR, real deep threat. Good not great blocker. Plays smart taking angles away. He'll test well & be a 1st rounder. Skills might be wasted on the los anyway. He's gifted in the open field.

His teammate Hockenson really blew up this year. He's a savage blocker. He'll be stalk blocking WRs for years. Another guy that can really get move. 6'5 240 w plenty of room for some added weight. Showed some nice body control in the RZ. Strong, natural hands. Looks like a Kittle-clone.

Josh Oliver is 65/250 & might run a 4.5. Showed some promise as a blocker & adjustment to 50/50 balls.

Strenberger is another guy that shows real promise as a blocker but will get too loose around his base, over extended at times, plays a too high but the tools are there for a well rounded player. He has legit long speed & a big catch radius.

Irv Smith could be a vg move TE. Has work to do as a blocker as well but he has legit acceleration & speed. Smart player that will eat zones alive.

Dawson Knox has great size (64/245), former QB & + athleticism. Strong that pluck the ball out of the air & always secures it. Separates in/out of breaks & can line up almost anywhere.

Nauta is another guy to keep an eye on. I can't imagine anyone taking him before Rd 3 rn & could be a good one. Was always underutilized at UG. Like everyone else has work to do but he's very athletic & could be monster.

Eventually I'll have a thread to really break them down in the draft forum.
REALLY like Noah Fant. I hope we can get him. he's my top TE for the Pats, just Like I wanted Sony Michel as our RB from the 2018 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes