PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski Likely Facing Penalty From NFL After Hit On Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rationale is that Gronk is an emotional guy who Belichick and Brady have helped to keep focused over the years. A situation like this one, as well as the Brown incident a few years back, suggest he can sometimes let his emotions run away with him. When emotions run rampant, that's called the Cincinnati Bengals. I just am advocating a minor disciplinary action against him. If we can't beat the Dolphins without Gronk, we're in trouble against the Steelers, anyway.
He was penalized. 15 yards. Move on.

If Gronk gets suspended it's his fault and I don't get the wailing about it. It was a dumb thing to do and clearly BB thought as much. If Gronk only gets a fine, would not be shocked if BB pulls a Welker-benched-for-a-series move next week or something like that.

It's because for years, Donkey Kong Suh and Burfict have gotten away from these type of antics with just fines. And now because of "player safety" and it being a shot to the head, so concussion, the league is surely going to suspend Gronk, But they do nothing to Suh and Burfict? In fact they revoke Suh's 1 game suspension because of ratings for the playoff game. How freaking corrupt is this league! That's where the wailing is coming from. Otherwise I think most of us would agree a 1 game suspension is warranted. The problem is Suh and Burfict don't get suspended.

I personally saw posts that claimed Gronk shouldn't face a penalty because of x, y, z example. If that isn't defending the action, I don't know what is. I am merely arguing that Gronk's decision should have a consequence. Not for the good of the Bills or Roger Goodell, but because it can help Gronk to remember not to make a similar mistake in the playoffs. I've said that repeatedly and been called a troll each time. It is absurd the level of homerism on here. We can't even discuss the pros/cons of such matters without labeling legitimate fans trolls. It's sad.
Do you understand what a troll is?
You are coming to a patriot forum wanting Gronk to be suspended.
You pretty much hit the definition of troll with that one.

I'm not saying what Gronk did was right. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a fine/suspension. What I AM saying is we're not going to be treated fairly.

Right now Goodell is visiting his doctor because his erection is definitely going to last more than four hours.
hey..symmetry! Just like YOUR life as a Barfalo cretin..except YOU have been getting SMASHEED IN YOUR STUPID FACE for sixteen straight years...no wonder you're incensed.

Cute take - sounds like maybe you equate your success with a local sports team and not what you have accomplished here in Boston?

Either way, don’t care to wave ****s with you. If you want to equate how well you have done in life with a bunch of dream figures then good for you.

All I’m saying is if you are defending a guy that took a blind head shot at the back of someone’s head because of the region they are from or the design of their clothes then I feel sorry for you.

You win.

If Gronk gets suspended it's his fault and I don't get the wailing about it. It was a dumb thing to do and clearly BB thought as much. If Gronk only gets a fine, would not be shocked if BB pulls a Welker-benched-for-a-series move next week or something like that.

It's because for years, Donkey Kong Suh and Burfict have gotten away from these type of antics with just fines. And now because of "player safety" and it being a shot to the head, so concussion, the league is surely going to suspend Gronk, But they do nothing to Suh and Burfict? In fact they revoke Suh's 1 game suspension because of ratings for the playoff game. How freaking corrupt is this league! That's where the wailing is coming from. Otherwise I think most of us would agree a 1 game suspension is warranted. The problem is Suh and Burfict don't get suspended.

Should be a fine but he'll get 1 game because he's a PAT.
This is it exactly, if it was any other team that late hit wouldn't have made the highlights, but since it is a Pats player all hell will be breaking loose if he isn't suspended.

P.S.
FU Rodney Harrison, you should know your wrong when you agree with Grundy.

Gronk's hit is not a suspension, if you're going to hold and play dirty against him you have to pay the consequences. The Bills learned a valuable lesson to me.

If Gronk gets a suspension, then i hope Kraft decides to stand up and go after Goodell for the anti-Patriot bias
Gronk's hit was not even a football play. It was a very dangerous violent attack after a football play was over. The victim was face down on the turf, the attack was a WWE style elbow to the head with the weight of a 6 foot 6 260 Pound man purposely added to the attack. If he had broke his neck he would be going to prison likely.

A one game suspension is absolutely needed. However, AJ Green threw punches and attacked a player a few games back and received nothing, after play as well.

the downside to this, if the NFL doesn't follow it's protocol and precedents, and does suspend him one game, unless they can get the appeal done before this sunday, there will be no appeal

i suspect the patriot film crew is busy putting together tape on all the recent non-calls on gronk, to build the case that he is officiated poorly, and that his emotion got the best of him out of long term frustration and inconsistency.....i suspect given the chance you'll see some actual football media discussing this very issue once the ESPN hype fades

problem is, the NFL knows they can suspend him one game, and that the team will likely want to accept it to keep him in the clear for the Pitt game.....despite the fact that the player deserves no more than a fine, based on his history and how they have handled other incidents

unfortunately the NFL holds the cards here because of that......and we'll likely see the same punishment given for a minor first time offense as the one given to two players who engaged in their second ugly brawl (talib and crabtree), while a player like Alonso gets no suspension for an issue the NFL has been battling for years (targeting the head of a defenseless player)

by all rights, this should be a fine.....and it would be easy for the NFL to go this route, as Gronk has no history and can make he case of long term frustration over non-calls

but this is the NFL.....and they love to try and manage public opinion, and public opinion is against Gronk right now (and against the Patriots in general)....

it is really going to be interesting.....Kraft just did right by the league in the Jerry Jones battle......Gronk is one of the faces of the league.....at the same time, folks hate the Patriots, and he NFL lacks consistency in it's punishments.....

by all rights this is a fine and nothing more......but i really can't predict what they'll do; a lot depends on how much the Patriots want to push

Sorry, boys, but he's going to get suspended. The court of public opinion has already spoken and he's a Patriot. I think what's going to do in him is the fact that White may have been concussed on the play. I just wish that he had targeted the upper back instead of the neck and head.

I'm just hoping that they won't go crazy and give him two games. The fact that he has no prior history of anything like this certainly should work in his favor. In addition, the network certainly wouldn't want him to miss what will likely be the marquee matchup of the year.

Cute take - sounds like maybe you equate your success with a local sports team and not what you have accomplished here in Boston?

Either way, don’t care to wave ****s with you. If you want to equate how well you have done in life with a bunch of dream figures then good for you.

All I’m saying is if you are defending a guy that took a blind head shot at the back of someone’s head because of the region they are from or the design of their clothes then I feel sorry for you.

You win.
Nope. I was just musing about YOUR fate as a Barfalo fan. If I was in your shoes, I'd be forty leagues under the sea by now. Here , let me make it up to you, Nancy...

I think they just fine him. A suspension would be rediculous

especially considering they just reduced the suspension of two players involved in an ugly brawl, for the second time, to one game.....

Do you understand what a troll is?
You are coming to a patriot forum wanting Gronk to be suspended.
You pretty much hit the definition of troll with that one.
So as a Patriots fan, I'm not allowed to weigh in on player discipline that can help the team to stay focused? I have been arguing a one game suspension could let the team (and Gronk) know that they are all held to the same standard.

What you are arguing against is open and honest communication. I guess we can use bots on here to detect disagreement and suspend accounts that disagree with the norm. Because that would solve the issue of Patriots fans disagreeing with other Patriots fans about what's best for the team.

And if trolling is suggesting a guy who tries to give another guy a head injury, then I guess I'm a big ole moralistic, no "bullsh*t" troll. And you know who else is a troll in that scenario? Bill Belichick who called Gronk's hit "bullsh*t."

This is what roger Goodell has done to the NFL. Suspending players from games is now a routine thing that everyone expects.

I’d love to see a breakdown of all suspensions for on field incidents imposed by the goodell regime vs all of those in the other 80 or do years of the NFL.

Suspensions should be almost non existent. Now they have become as much a part of football as a trap block.

So as a Patriots fan, I'm not allowed to weigh in on player discipline that can help the team to stay focused? I have been arguing a one game suspension could let the team (and Gronk) know that they are all held to the same standard.

First of all you are allowed to say anything you want.
Secondly what you are saying is stupid.
Third you are trolling.

What you are arguing against is open and honest communication.
I missed the part where I argued.

I guess we can use bots on here to detect disagreement and suspend accounts that disagree with the norm. Because that would solve the issue of Patriots fans disagreeing with other Patriots fans about what's best for the team.
Yes you clearly do not know what trolling is.

Nope. I was just musing about YOUR fate as a Barfalo fan. If I was in your shoes, I'd be forty leagues under the sea by now. Here , let me make it up to you, Nancy...

Speaks volumes about the leve

Did just admit that you only root for a team that wins? Or are you saying you would abandon a team that lost four straight SB’s?

Omg why am I getting sucked in to this trolls argument?

The hit from behind was BAD. Not Gronk like.

This is what roger Goodell has done to the NFL. Suspending players from games is now a routine thing that everyone expects.

I’d love to see a breakdown of all suspensions for on field incidents imposed by the goodell regime vs all of those in the other 80 or do years of the NFL.

Suspensions should be almost non existent. Now they have become as much a part of football as a trap block.
The “soccerization” of the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back