PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legalize a bunch of this stuff that you can get over the counter. Ridiculous that it isn't. Just an opinion. I don't make money on it lol.

You can also get steroids and a host of other banned substances over the counter. What's your point?

BTW I personally don't see an issue. CBD for pain relief is fine and has no performance gain. I was just saying that just because it's OTC doesn't mean it should be allowed.

Makes no sense.

How do those teams relate to this situation? Terrible comparison. Rethink and return with a better rebuttal.

Gronk has hinted about a return to this team. NE has a huge void at TE. Gronk keeps opening his mouth about a return. My advice is to wait for the next sign of Gronks comeback.

I don't think our interest in TEs at the deadline was a ruse. And because of that, I don't see us trading for a guy if we truly expected a Gronk return and using up a lot of the precious cap space we have left when we can barely afford half of Gronk's contract as it is.

Yes, we can always push money into the future and fit him in. But Belichick recently gave the impression he's not ready to retire soon. Has anything he's done over the last 20 years led you to believe he would go for broke and do all he could to win one more Super Bowl with the team, but continue to coach for several years with a gutted roster because of cap issues?

As for Gronk, he justifiably felt underpaid for several years. Do you see him volunteering to cut his remaining salary to fit under the cap?

I think we tried to get OJ Howard because we wanted OJ Howard. In the end, we didn't want him enough to give up what the team considered too much draft capital. (Another sign of Belichick not going all in for one more title) I don't think we tried to land Howard to team him with Gronk, who we could afford even less now.

You can also get steroids and a host of other banned substances over the counter.
:confused: Where on earth can you buy steroids over the counter? Honduras?

You can also get steroids and a host of other banned substances over the counter. What's your point?

BTW I personally don't see an issue. CBD for pain relief is fine and has no performance gain. I was just saying that just because it's OTC doesn't mean it should be allowed.

I use CBD daily for my back pain from surgery when I was 19. I was on opiates for 6 years after surgery and got hooked. Luckily I took the right road and didn't head down a horrible path.

CBD is amazing for my sleep. General feeling, anxiety...you name it. It's a wonder drug with no know know negatives other than sometimes it upset my stomach.

NFL should legalize this and crazy they haven't yet. But will hand out pain pills like candy just like doctors do.

Are they banned substances?
I have no idea. I define "steroids" as pharmaceuticals obtained from a physician (or on the black market), usually injected via syringe. Anything over the counter without a prescription would be classified as a food supplement.

Gronk has hinted about a return to this team. NE has a huge void at TE. Gronk keeps opening his mouth about a return. My advice is to wait for the next sign of Gronks comeback.

Some posters hear voices. :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Edit: the truth hurts

Last edited:
Gronk is joining Brady in LA for 2020 :p

(not even sure why I entered this thread, where's the exit door?)

Those aren't steroids. They're using the term "legal steroids" as a marketing gimmick.
But don't some of them cause people to "test positive" because of the ingredients??

I believe that his public to have CBD legalize has nothing to do with his returning and everything to do with increasing the profits of the company for whom he is a major spokesperson. CBD has been around for years and yet there is no convincing in the medical literature that it is consistently effective for chronic arthritis and musculoskeletal pain in general. There is certainly no evidence that it is more effective than nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

Now that may change because there are a lot of medical trials going on right now but the claims that Gronk makes about the benefits that he has experience from CBD are absurd. It can be used as an adjunctive treatment for arthritis and pain and anecdotally several of my patients have experienced subjective benefits but it is not a panacea. If he actually believes all of what he is saying there is likely a significant placebo effect involved.

He ain’t coming back, boys. At least not this year.

All true, I agree that CBD doesn’t really work. I tried it as a chronic pain relief. It doesn’t work so just went back to regular Tylenol with ibuprofen. There’s no codeine like pain relief that I could tell. I’d love it if gronk came back but I just don’t see it really

:confused: Where on earth can you buy steroids over the counter? Honduras?

No, Honduras has standard practices that don’t permit such. The make up of a steroid has anti inflammatory properties and also helps in the creation of new muscle growth. Multi vitamins are not steroidal

I don't think our interest in TEs at the deadline was a ruse. And because of that, I don't see us trading for a guy if we truly expected a Gronk return and using up a lot of the precious cap space we have left when we can barely afford half of Gronk's contract as it is.

Yes, we can always push money into the future and fit him in. But Belichick recently gave the impression he's not ready to retire soon. Has anything he's done over the last 20 years led you to believe he would go for broke and do all he could to win one more Super Bowl with the team, but continue to coach for several years with a gutted roster because of cap issues?

As for Gronk, he justifiably felt underpaid for several years. Do you see him volunteering to cut his remaining salary to fit under the cap?

I think we tried to get OJ Howard because we wanted OJ Howard. In the end, we didn't want him enough to give up what the team considered too much draft capital. (Another sign of Belichick not going all in for one more title) I don't think we tried to land Howard to team him with Gronk, who we could afford even less now.

The Pats and every other NFL franchise pay out dead money every season. Its part of doing business. AB may wind up getting his money for just 1 game.

The Patriots gave Gronk more money and then he was happy until another TE made more. I envision Gronks CBD business going gang busters upon news of his return for the 19 - 0 run. What better testament of his products miracle properties than the man himself looking good as new Gronk spiking the ball .

This isn't a comment on legality or illegality of CBD but you cannot get steroids OTC assuming you are speaking of anabolic steroids(AAS). I've heard some less than first world countries it is OTC and the black market labs(there's A LOT of them) for it are frequently in these countries.
However, if you don't mind an AAS that was created for animals (Tren19, Equipoise), it's still not quite OTC but can be obtained more easily especially if you have a friend who raises cattle or horses :)

No, Honduras has standard practices that don’t permit such.
I was joking.

The make up of a steroid has anti inflammatory properties and also helps in the creation of new muscle growth. Multi vitamins are not steroidal
You are confusing corticosteroids (anti-inflammatory medication) with anabolic steroids (a synthetic steroid hormone resembling testosterone). My post made no mention of multivitamins, no idea why you did. o_O

I was joking.

You are confusing corticosteroids (anti-inflammatory medication) with anabolic steroids (a synthetic steroid hormone resembling testosterone). My post made no mention of multivitamins, no idea why you did. o_O

I know you were joking. Someone said that pre workout stuff are steroids

I use CBD daily for my back pain from surgery when I was 19. I was on opiates for 6 years after surgery and got hooked. Luckily I took the right road and didn't head down a horrible path.

CBD is amazing for my sleep. General feeling, anxiety...you name it. It's a wonder drug with no know know negatives other than sometimes it upset my stomach.

NFL should legalize this and crazy they haven't yet. But will hand out pain pills like candy just like doctors do.

I agree. CBD is very safe, with no essentially risk of OD if the supplier is reputable. It absolutely should be legal in the NFL but they probably see it as another bargaining chip in thekr CBA negations. Your experience is not typical but it’s great that it has changed your life for the better.

I know you were joking. Someone said that pre workout stuff are steroids

Maybe not? Marketing tries to make supplement descriptions seem like they are anabolic steroid in effect. It's unscrupulous business aimed at those trying to achieve the 'roid effect but don't want to cycle(understandably so). The reality (and it is the reality) the best muscle building off the shelf is creatine (drink lots of water) and Whey protein (very difficult to get enough 9 full amino protein through food - old school was drink a dozen raw eggs a day). All the supplements beyond these are dubious or marginal in their effect(one latest kick is L-argenine). They may help but it's tiny incremental help that for anyone that has cycled would ROFL when even slightly-remotely comparing AAS to anything OTC.
There are SARMS (selective androgen receptor modulators) and they are (or until recently were?) OTC. They supposedly occupy the same receptors that AAS occupy-process through within the body. Some builders do endorse their effect (hey if they're activating the same receptor that AAS activate, they'll at least hyper kick off the same molecular->atomic level muscle regen right? That ability is at least unknown if not dubious but if it's hitting this receptor it may be HPTA suppressing. So your own natural hormone may drop while the SARM replacing it may not be giving you the same full effect as your natural hormone - for example 'feel good' properties).

But don't some of them cause people to "test positive" because of the ingredients??

Hmmm, IMHO many of those reports are dubious. A player gets caught using an AAS, GH, Insulin, natural production enhancer etc, there isn't likely to be a "damn, you caught me. I was injecting 500mg cyp. Sorry". Instead it is likely to be a "oh, no no no, I was just taking this for a cold, hair loss or athlete's foot. I had no idea it contained something banned".
I'm sure there has been some cases (IMHO they'd be more an enhanced fat burning or 'high motor juice') but more likely than not they were taking the good stuff that makes your muscles pop. But don't be too down on them, chances are very good most players have taken these at one point. There's millions of dollars on the line and AAS (and others) provide an edge that is huge. Two guys relatively similar size, ability, full time training-effort. Once one of them uses an AAS, the chances the other guy can compete with him are pretty small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots