PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't fall for Gronk's insincere tease. He's not walking through that door, ever again.

But Gronk is.

Notice how NE has made weak TE moves.

But Gronk is.

Notice how NE has made weak TE moves.

Which strong TE moves did they choose not to make? Who's available that they're ignoring?

And before you say trade, just because a trade hasn't happened doesn't mean it wasn't or isn't still being explored.

Which strong TE moves did they choose not to make? Who's available that they're ignoring?

And before you say trade, just because a trade hasn't happened doesn't mean it wasn't or isn't still being explored.

Izzo, Lacosse and Tomlinson are all expendable players. When Gronk is back there is no issue creating a spot on the TE depth chart.

I skip all pregame filler and fodder so I’ve missed out on Gronk’s adaptation of the Blutarsky role but I did catch his gripping portrayal of “Silent Cop Standing on Stage in front of Uncomfortable and Saddened Audience” and I’ve also managed to hold down my lunch while viewing his Tide Pod and Jerky abominations.
Unless the desperate Hollywood types are going to fund Police Academy 69, I wonder how long he will be able to monetize “big, dumb, and happy.”
Great gig now but......

Izzo, Lacosse and Tomlinson are all expendable players. When Gronk is back there is no issue creating a spot on the TE depth chart.

I ask you again, who is available at TE right now that isn't expendable? Name the player that doesn't have a job in week 7, but if signed, would have a roster spot locked down the entire season.

I ask you again, who is available at TE right now that isn't expendable? Name the player that doesn't have a job in week 7, but if signed, would have a roster spot locked down the entire season.

Of course they have a job.

That is what trades are for.

Of course they have a job.

That is what trades are for.

Trent Williams is still a Redskin. Does that mean no team has tried to land him? There's rumors of interested teams for Sanu, Hooper, Sanders, Howard, AJ Green, and others. So far none of those guys have moved anywhere.

Like I said, literally just a few posts ago, a trade not happening does not mean there was no effort in making it happen.

This may have been discussed already but I think the poor running game this year is really a testament to how great Gronk was as a blocker. This year is reminding me of 1986 - the year after Hannah retired. In 1985, the Pats were a solid running team averaging about 4.1 yard/carry. In 1986, without Hannah but everyone else, they dropped to 2.8 yards/carry. And honestly, that number seems much better than I remember it!

Trent Williams is still a Redskin. Does that mean no team has tried to land him? There's rumors of interested teams for Sanu, Hooper, Sanders, Howard, AJ Green, and others. So far none of those guys have moved anywhere.

Like I said, literally just a few posts ago, a trade not happening does not mean there was no effort in making it happen.

The trade deadline is at 4:00 pm EST on 10/29/19. These are complicated transactions sometimes completed in the 11th hour when one side blinks. Hang tight.

But I am glad that you admitted that NE is in the market for a WR.

The trade deadline is at 4:00 pm EST on 10/29/19. These are complicated transactions sometimes completed in the 11th hour when one side blinks. Hang tight.

But I am glad that you admitted that NE is in the market for a WR.

I don't even know what you're arguing anymore. First you noted that the Pats have made weak TE moves, as if that's a sign of them expecting Gronk to return. So why are they now looking to trade for TE help if Gronk's return is imminent?

I don't even know what you're arguing anymore. First you noted that the Pats have made weak TE moves, as if that's a sign of them expecting Gronk to return. So why are they now looking to trade for TE help if Gronk's return is imminent?

Every time that I debunk one of your theories like Gronk being too light to play, you reload and come back with something new.

I have remained steadfast. Gronk will be back. The Pats are not making moves at TE that cant be undone by cutting players. Watson is the only TE safe at this point. BB needs WRs and TEs. That is why the Pats took a flyer on AB and brought him here. The WR position has not improved. I fully believe that the Pats are exploring adding a WR via trade of draft picks, but they are not spending draft picks at TE because Gronk will be back.

Edelman said it all. We need him.

It'll be like Batman. Batman lays low most of the time, but when they need him...the Batphone blinks red and it's go time.

I could see them installing a giant searchlight at Gilette but with a "G" (for Gronk!) instead of a bat shape.

Brady gets on the Gronk phone and Gronk won't be able to say no!

Just hope he doesn't get nixed for taking cbd oil.

I could see them installing a giant searchlight at Gilette but with a "69" instead of a bat shape.
Fixed your post.

Regards,
Chris

Every time that I debunk one of your theories like Gronk being too light to play, you reload and come back with something new.

I have remained steadfast. Gronk will be back. The Pats are not making moves at TE that cant be undone by cutting players. Watson is the only TE safe at this point. BB needs WRs and TEs. That is why the Pats took a flyer on AB and brought him here. The WR position has not improved. I fully believe that the Pats are exploring adding a WR via trade of draft picks, but they are not spending draft picks at TE because Gronk will be back.

Edelman said it all. We need him.

That's fine. And I'll remain steadfast. Gronk's weight loss since he retired is a whole lot more than losing a few on the TB12 diet before last year. And I couldn't care less what Edelman says we need, it's not his decision to make.

I met Sebastian Vollmer's mother-in-law years ago, and still see her from time time. He's lost a ton of weight since he retired, hasn't played in years but still has body aches. A co-worker of mine went to high school with former Cowboys CB Kevin Smith. He's stayed in shape over the years, but says it's a chore to get out of bed in the morning. Earl Campbell has no regrets from playing football, but it doesn't make it easier for me to see him in a wheelchair because his body is so wrecked.

Like I said, if Gronk returns, it needs to be 100% because Gronk needs football, not because we need Gronk. He's earned the right to walk away on his terms. And that's the last I'll say on the subject.

So, you're citing Kraft as the actual authority on the ins and outs of NFL regs and the CBA? That's a hoot. You might have noticed he was pretty well ridiculed for that remark by people who I expect know what they're talking about.

The NFL no longer uses “retirement papers”

Randy Moss just mentioned to Brady on national TV the Gronk did not file retirement papers.

Too funny.

They are dumbazzes, but you're a genius.

Randy Moss just mentioned to Brady on national TV the Gronk did not file retirement papers.

Too funny.

They are dumbazzes, but you're a genius.
Yes, I'm put to shame by all the geniuses playing NFL football. Particularly the ones that have been retired for 7 years.

That's fine. And I'll remain steadfast. Gronk's weight loss since he retired is a whole lot more than losing a few on the TB12 diet before last year. And I couldn't care less what Edelman says we need, it's not his decision to make.

I met Sebastian Vollmer's mother-in-law years ago, and still see her from time time. He's lost a ton of weight since he retired, hasn't played in years but still has body aches. A co-worker of mine went to high school with former Cowboys CB Kevin Smith. He's stayed in shape over the years, but says it's a chore to get out of bed in the morning. Earl Campbell has no regrets from playing football, but it doesn't make it easier for me to see him in a wheelchair because his body is so wrecked.

Like I said, if Gronk returns, it needs to be 100% because Gronk needs football, not because we need Gronk. He's earned the right to walk away on his terms. And that's the last I'll say on the subject.

Anyone who isn't an idiot can take one look at him on tv now and know there's no way he's playing THIS year.

Yes, I'm put to shame by all the geniuses playing NFL football. Particularly the ones that have been retired for 7 years.
Shouldn't you be busy ridiculing Randy Moss with the other NFL Einsteins?

Brady is a moron too for going along with the retirement papers hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents