PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk trade completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a report on 98.5, the decision to bring Gronk to TB was all Brady's decision. Don't shoot the messenger. I just heard it.

I don’t think either one of them are going to publicly say anything negative about BB. Brady certainly won’t, and he definitely had his chance on Stern. But there’s an awful lot of smoke around them just simply tiring of Bill for there to not be some flames. Gronk says he doesn’t want to play with a QB other than Brady. He retires in 2019 when Brady is still playing for Bill in part because his body has broken down. He comes out of retirement within weeks after Brady leaves and requests a trade to Tampa Bay. This reeks of Bill at least being part of the reason neither are playing here any longer. How much of a reason is certainly up for debate. But that can’t be merely coincidence.

Rob seemed like the most unlikely person to fall in line for so many years but I suppose a confluence of things (e.g. still being under the old CBA with his long "cheap" extension, surrounded by the GOAT QB and coach, unprecedented success, a real love of the game ect.) made it work. Until a certain point.

Brady always seemed to be the ideal fit for BB in terms of mentality. Ruthless, hard working, ego in check with only one objective in mind. Winning.

That's why I am not particularly surprised that Brady moved on in the end. He found another situation that gave him a better chance to win now than with the Pats. His days are more numbered than BBs. One has the time and patience to think mid/long term, the other desperately does not.

I just hope for Rob's sake that he stays healthy this year and his season doesn't end with yet another surgery. I think it has been since 2011 since he actually played in 16 games in one season.

What you were quoting is literally what I said. As long as the player can pass a physical (i.e. is not injured) the option can be rescinded at any point before the new league year starts.

See Dolphins and Ja'Wuan James in 2018:

Dolphins begin 2018 off-season; rescind James’ 5th year option

In other words there is not much harm in exercising the 5th year option as long as the player doesn't suffer any significant injury.

Yea I was thinking you were saying something different. NM

I don’t think either one of them are going to publicly say anything negative about BB. Brady certainly won’t, and he definitely had his chance on Stern. But there’s an awful lot of smoke around them just simply tiring of Bill for there to not be some flames. Gronk says he doesn’t want to play with a QB other than Brady. He retires in 2019 when Brady is still playing for Bill in part because his body has broken down. He comes out of retirement within weeks after Brady leaves and requests a trade to Tampa Bay. This reeks of Bill at least being part of the reason neither are playing here any longer. How much of a reason is certainly up for debate. But that can’t be merely coincidence.

To be honest, I think this is one of those things that everyone involved is going to look back and regret in the future. Bill will see right away the results playing with a lesser QB/talent and trying to win without brady covering up those GM mistakes

but also, Brady/Gronk might be having more "fun" will probably see aspects that frustrate them. Will the coaches be as methodological in their planning? Will the little details that Brady/Gronk too so much for granted with Bill/Josh be missing with Bruce arians and his more laid back approach and will that lead to an extra loss or two? Also this isn't the AFC-east or the AFC where you have maybe 2 superbowl contenders. this is the NFC in a division with the saints, Falcons and panthers.

Pats had no choice but to trade him. I don't see how gronk "did them a solid." he wasn't going to play for the patriots. so its either he unretires and screws our cap even more or gets traded to his preferred destination.

It's easy to spot the problem with what you wrote. See if you can find it. I left a hint.

Last edited:
According to a report on 98.5, the decision to bring Gronk to TB was all Brady's decision. Don't shoot the messenger. I just heard it.
Gronk didn’t have a say?

Interesting stat comparison to think about when evaluating the potential impact of Brady upon the Bucs offense:

In 2019, Winston threw ints in 12 of 16 games, with 9 games featuring multiple pick performances.
In 2019, Brady threw ints in 8 of 16 games, with 0 games featuring multiple pick performances.

Interesting stat comparison to think about when evaluating the potential impact of Brady upon the Bucs offense:

In 2019, Winston threw ints in 12 of 16 games, with 9 games featuring multiple pick performances.
In 2019, Brady threw ints in 8 of 16 games, with 0 games featuring multiple pick performances.

In just the last 2 weeks of the season Winston had 8 TOs :eek:

TB lost the first game by 3 points and the 2nd game went to OT.

Let's be clear, Bellichek traded Ty law to the chiefs when Peyton Manning was a threat, the year he did that, I followed Ty law in Kansas and the day Manning played the chiefs, The law owned Manning, all day he shut down his side of the field. Proving he was the best corner to play. Bellichek lost that year and Laws replacement was terrible. The fact is, HAD Ty Law stayed, we would have had another Super Bowl victory. What we may be seeing now is Bellicheks ego, never forget how he could not make the Browns good. This is about him proving he is the Best Coach ever to be in the NFL. If he is lucky he will not face Gronk and Brady next season. Because revenge is a dish best served cold, fact is Bellichek has made atrocious trades, like Flowers. Brown just to name a few. He been lucky more than he has been good or right. This year will be the litmus test for his career as a coach. NFL means Not For Long, heard that from a famous Atlanta Hawks coach. Has Bills' time come to an end? This season it is all on the line.

Let's be clear, Bellichek traded Ty law to the chiefs when Peyton Manning was a threat, the year he did that, I followed Ty law in Kansas and the day Manning played the chiefs, The law owned Manning, all day he shut down his side of the field. Proving he was the best corner to play. Bellichek lost that year and Laws replacement was terrible. The fact is, HAD Ty Law stayed, we would have had another Super Bowl victory. What we may be seeing now is Bellicheks ego, never forget how he could not make the Browns good. This is about him proving he is the Best Coach ever to be in the NFL. If he is lucky he will not face Gronk and Brady next season. Because revenge is a dish best served cold, fact is Bellichek has made atrocious trades, like Flowers. Brown just to name a few. He been lucky more than he has been good or right. This year will be the litmus test for his career as a coach. NFL means Not For Long, heard that from a famous Atlanta Hawks coach. Has Bills' time come to an end? This season it is all on the line.

You forgot to take your brain pills ?

Let's be clear, Bellichek traded Ty law to the chiefs when Peyton Manning was a threat, the year he did that, I followed Ty law in Kansas and the day Manning played the chiefs, The law owned Manning, all day he shut down his side of the field. Proving he was the best corner to play. Bellichek lost that year and Laws replacement was terrible. The fact is, HAD Ty Law stayed, we would have had another Super Bowl victory. What we may be seeing now is Bellicheks ego, never forget how he could not make the Browns good. This is about him proving he is the Best Coach ever to be in the NFL. If he is lucky he will not face Gronk and Brady next season. Because revenge is a dish best served cold, fact is Bellichek has made atrocious trades, like Flowers. Brown just to name a few. He been lucky more than he has been good or right. This year will be the litmus test for his career as a coach. NFL means Not For Long, heard that from a famous Atlanta Hawks coach. Has Bills' time come to an end. This season it is all on the line.

This is revisionist babble.
If you would be so kind as to enlighten us, please explain to us the atrocious Flowers trade.

It’s clear that BB was prepared to move forward without Gronk when he negotiated a trade with the Lions a few years back, and I’ve always had the sense that he wanted to move on from Brady and keep Jimmy G. BB has always been one to try and stay ahead of the curve, and I believe he had a plan in place to do just that, but it didn’t come to fruition as he had planned for some reason that we don’t know. Did Kraft step in? We won’t know until that information surfaces at some later date.

Brady and Gronk did amazing, unprecedented things here, and the relationship has run its course, so it’s time for all parties to regroup and move forward.
Don't forget Jimmy lost in the Super Bowl with an ill advised last ditch pass, He lost his cool

You forgot to take your brain pills ?

You are an idiot

This is revisionist babble.
If you would be so kind as to enlighten us, please explain to us the atrocious Flowers trade.

Welcome to the board, Gary.

rofl.gif

I would like to see a QB in N.E. that is mobile liken to the Q.B. for the Ravens and chiefs. Those two show the future for the position and do with style and athleticism

As for Flowers he had yet to hit his peak, he was traded to the lions. What did we get in return? We lost a valuable asset for nothing. Unless you can enlighten me. He also showed in Detroit why he is so dam good at his position. Watch the films. Every expert on the NFL including Rodney Harrison, agreed King Bill made huge mistakes. All season long players lost by the Pats made headlines on their new teams, Brown in Chicago was hailed and again, King Bill looked weak in the decision to trade him, Fact. Kraft is not trying to win games paying the cheapest to players. Good coaches say, You got pay to get the best, or watch other teams take you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes