PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk says he is “all in” on the rest of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all these year I can't believe I doubted Hoodie when he tried to shop Gronk around at start of the year and only couldn't do a deal since Gronk threatened to retire if he did. Now I wish we got a #1 and #2 that was offered for him.
When has he been wrong?
Gilmore and Jackson look alot better than Butler and Ryan.
Only miss might of been 2 defensive backs.
Mike Hilton and Daryl Roberts.
Those are 2 mistakes and Of course LB Kamu Grugier Hill.

When has he been wrong?
Oh, he’s been wrong plenty of times over the years, but you’re right that he’s still hitting on the draft. Hopefully, this year produces more than we’ve been seeing lately. I think Belichick’s going to be firing picks at the board in April. Maybe even a couple more trade downs for a higher number of selections. We’ve got to hit on 3-4-5 players this year.

Seeing guys like Bentley, Wynn, and Dawson pan out would be even better, of course.

After all these year I can't believe I doubted Hoodie when he tried to shop Gronk around at start of the year and only couldn't do a deal since Gronk threatened to retire if he did. Now I wish we got a #1 and #2 that was offered for him.

How do we know a #1 and #2 was offered.. did the Pats confirm that?? Or is that some rumor spread by a reporter??

I have no doubt this season has been hard on Gronk. Injuries, etc.

Not sure what the context around the "all in" comment but I do believe he'll do his best out there.

When has he been wrong?
It's not like he discarded probowlers. The team has been fine without them

So Malcom Butler couldn’t play because he ate Tide Pods?

He could not play because of his own actions.

Wins amount to a lot of small plays that add up. Same with losses. Like Cooks trying to be Air Jordan.

The problem is that he has a cap hit of $12m next season. Are the Patriots going to eat that, considering his dropoff in production? Gronk is not going to take a pay cut, so something is going to have to give.

I just hope it doesn't end up being ugly. He has certainly given a lot to this team in the time that he's been here.

I hope he gets up the next time he gets Tackled.:eek:

The problem is that he has a cap hit of $12m next season. Are the Patriots going to eat that, considering his dropoff in production? Gronk is not going to take a pay cut, so something is going to have to give.

I just hope it doesn't end up being ugly. He has certainly given a lot to this team in the time that he's been here.

It won't get ugly it will be pretty cut and dry Gronk ain't getting 12Mill or a Extension he's done.

Yeah I agree that's one thing GM BB was right about. Brady won't have any leverage this time around for his binky. Ben Watson still moves better than Gronk and he's like 10 years older go figure.

It would have been more convincing if he said the rest of the season would be a "Gronking for all ages". I can't understand those vague and easily misinterpreted signals.

He's done after this season.

He's done after this season.

Much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right. It's hard to see any other alternatives that would be satisfactory to both sides.

The OP should have mentioned how Belichick kept Brady from winning another ring by keeping Malcolm Butler from being any kind of in, all or otherwise, during the Super Bowl. That might have pushed that prediction to 109 pages.

If the Pats had kept Jimmy G, it would've only been 108 pages.

Much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right. It's hard to see any other alternatives that would be satisfactory to both sides.

Yeah, I don't think he'd be receptive to taking another restructure since he bet on himself this year and it didn't work out. Plus, with his injury history, I could easily see him retiring. Unfortunate if so, but he gave us a lot and had a great career. First ballot HOFer if he does ride out.

It would put Brady's incredible longevity into perspective as well. He would have come into the league a full decade after Brady and will have retired before him.

That Malcolm Butler thread got deleted huh. Not even locked. That thing was nuts. I think by the end it had its own gravitational pull!

Does that mean he wasn't "all in" in games 1-15?

Probably means the body parts he regularly gets smashed by multiple defenders for your entertainment are all in alignment again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News