PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk says he had Bucs playbook when he was under contract with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting on bill to file tampering charges on arians for his brady comments

I think that if Tampa tampered with Gronk by giving him the playbook first and then Gronk got Brady to sign there with the hopes of forcing the Pats into trading Gronk there as well, then should be hit with tampering charges by the league office.

Rob Gronkowski says he received Buccaneers playbook weeks before trade from Patriots

As for Florio, I doubt his comments regarding the Pats not caring about the tampering have ANY merit. The Patriots have always gone to the league when they've felt another team tampered. Especially when it was the Jets..

Only time tampering really matters is when a team is looking to resign a player and the tampering team impacts those negotiations. Every team tampers but almost always with players already out the door. Pats did not want him back so no biggie to me.

See. I tend to disagree.. If Tampa tampered with GRONK, then it's a big issue. I'd bet the Pats wanted Gronk back. He'd solidify the TE position for them in a heart beat..

See. I tend to disagree.. If Tampa tampered with GRONK, then it's a big issue. I'd bet the Pats wanted Gronk back. He'd solidify the TE position for them in a heart beat..

This should be huge news. Sounds like tampering. Gronk coordinating with Tampa both before he got traded and before Brady signed with anyone

I always thought Gronk was a moron. When I heard that he was banking his NFL money and living off his endorsements, I thought someone smart must be advising him. When he left the NFL still in one piece, I conceded he (or his mother) had a head on their shoulders. It's clear now that it was his mother. MORON.

If we didn't let them tamper, there's a good chance Gronk would have played hardball with us and forced a release instead of us getting a 4 back. He had all the leverage.
I dunno. He plays in NE or retires. That's the extent of his leverage.

I told you all that Gronk would be crapping on the Pat's and BB. Boston sucks.

This is nothing compared to what's coming. Just wait until Jethro Bodine starts scoring TDs and living the lifestyle of a sophisticated international playboy down in FLA.

Arians motto is " win or lose we booze"
More likely TB12 gets him killed. He liked JE11 and hung him out relentlessly.

And the Patriots generally didn’t seem to be inclined to make a stink about potential tampering that may have occurred with Brady in February or March, by the Buccaneers or anyone else.

Pretty obvious the Pats wanted him gone and didn’t want to do anything to stand in the way of him walking out the door.
I agree. TB12 was washed up as a football player and Kraft was willing to let the team flounder to reap the marketing bounty. F'em both.

Semi OT - if TB and Gronk somehow manage to snag a title, am I going to have to hear about how they each got a Tampa ring? :rofl:

Now cue the long fabricated investigation to see if Gronk showed the Patriots this playbook and try to pin it to Belichick. I know one guy that can help.
View attachment 27169
You're joking but this legitimately worries me. A Pats player with another teams playbook. Yea how about sttu Gronk

I think that if Tampa tampered with Gronk by giving him the playbook first and then Gronk got Brady to sign there with the hopes of forcing the Pats into trading Gronk there as well, then should be hit with tampering charges by the league office.

Rob Gronkowski says he received Buccaneers playbook weeks before trade from Patriots

As for Florio, I doubt his comments regarding the Pats not caring about the tampering have ANY merit. The Patriots have always gone to the league when they've felt another team tampered. Especially when it was the Jets..

I didn’t know he said that so yeah this just got more interesting and maybe Florio was right to call it out. If Tom only got the playbook a couple weeks ago when he visited Leftwich then doesn’t that mean Gronk had the playbook even before TB did? Then the question is why and how? The scenario you mentioned would be one way that happens for sure.

Or Brady was lying about the real reason he was visiting Leftwich, having a bag of footballs. Which he probably was but that’s a different topic.

Either way I think this is worth a look by the league and the Patriots should speak up about it.

Last edited:
More likely TB12 gets him killed. He liked JE11 and hung him out relentlessly.

JE has taken his fair share of hits in this league but your making it sound like TB was Peyton Manning back there.

Now watch the story come out where Goodell told Kraft to let the tampering thing slide and the issue with the Bengals sideline taping will be dropped. Kraft agrees like an idiot and the league laughs and hammers the Patriots anyway. :mad:

Wouldn’t be the first time he got played.

This guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I’m also not buying this.

Like I said time and time again last season when the team was down on the scoreboard and they panned over to Brady on the bench and you could clearly see he had no emotion and every time it seemed he just held a bottle of water in his hand with no emotion especially in the big loss to the Dolphins and the playoff loss to the Titans,he just did not care anymore - Brady knew that was going to be his last year and you can bet your bottom dollar he told Gronk to wait a year and then come back and join him on his new team - I think both of them were gone long before each player actually left.

z6cgCJ5.jpg

I dunno. He plays in NE or retires. That's the extent of his leverage.

No, it wasn't. While he was retired, GRONK's salary was not on the salary cap. If he had filed for reinstatement, the Patriots would have immediately been several million over the cap, and would have had to either fix it in 24 hours or make him a free agent.

I agree. TB12 was washed up as a football player and Kraft was willing to let the team flounder to reap the marketing bounty. F'em both.
Saying "F*** Tom Brady" should be enough to get banned on any Patriots message board. That dude delivered more for this organization than any player has for any team in the history of the league. As far as I'm concerned he's earned the right to do whatever he wants.

What a clown post.

I can't get this picture out of my head of Brady in a walker throwing to Gronk on crutches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes