PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk says he had Bucs playbook when he was under contract with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
... even if Florio is trying to stir the pot like he’s been doing lately. I doubt the Pats gave two craps about it.

... even if Florio is trying to stir the pot like he’s been doing lately. I doubt the Pats gave two craps about it.
True, it helped us. I don’t care if Bucs tampered with either one because we needed Tom to move fast and it doesn’t matter what Gronk does because he wasn’t playing here anyways. I do think it’s funny that controversy is surrounded them elsewhere, for once it’s not us.

Reactions: sb1
Not a big deal. He was never going to play for BB again and BB didn't mind.

People are going to find out making Gronk shut his simple mouth was a good idea

And the Patriots generally didn’t seem to be inclined to make a stink about potential tampering that may have occurred with Brady in February or March, by the Buccaneers or anyone else.

Pretty obvious the Pats wanted him gone and didn’t want to do anything to stand in the way of him walking out the door.

so the breaking news is that Gronk would only come out of retirement if he could play with Brady on the Bucs.... definitely a slow news day

We got a 4....I am good. Don't care....love Gronk!

Now cue the long fabricated investigation to see if Gronk showed the Patriots this playbook and try to pin it to Belichick. I know one guy that can help.
upload_2020-4-29_18-28-40.jpeg

so the breaking news is that Gronk would only come out of retirement if he could play with Brady on the Bucs.... definitely a slow news day

Patriots need to lose a first round pick over this

Only time tampering really matters is when a team is looking to resign a player and the tampering team impacts those negotiations. Every team tampers but almost always with players already out the door. Pats did not want him back so no biggie to me.

Tamper Bay. I like the new name. :excited:

With all the asininity Gronk has been spewing lately, I’m beginning to wonder exactly how he learned the NE playbook :headscratch:

#TamperBay

Last edited:
Bye Bye Gronk

Only time tampering really matters is when a team is looking to resign a player and the tampering team impacts those negotiations. Every team tampers but almost always with players already out the door. Pats did not want him back so no biggie to me.
Pats did want him back we were under rhe understanding he was staying retired.
Why do you think BB wait to his beach party or whatever it was.
It was to say hey Rob do you miss the game.

I told you all that Gronk would be crapping on the Pat's and BB. Boston sucks.

This is nothing compared to what's coming. Just wait until Jethro Bodine starts scoring TDs and living the lifestyle of a sophisticated international playboy down in FLA.

Arians motto is " win or lose we booze"

If this was the Pats you know people would want a 4 game suspension for the QB and a loss of multiple picks.

But in all seriousness the Bucs tampered. There's nothing the Pats can really do about it...

If we didn't let them tamper, there's a good chance Gronk would have played hardball with us and forced a release instead of us getting a 4 back. He had all the leverage.

The real question is how did Bill Belichick give Gronk Tampa’s playbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes