PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk following TB's regimen . EDIT: Hightower works w Guerrero too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor point: it wasn't an extension; they just gave him a pay raise for this year.

Minor point to your minor point; it wasn't a pay raise, it was a potential pay raise based on incentives.

The rule is to drink 3x the water for the amount of alcohol, soda, coffee etc that you consume. The water must be infused with TB12 electrolytes of course, which cost $15 per 50ml or $300 per litre.

TB12™ Electrolytes – TB12store

or you can buy the same ionic trace minerals from Amazon at a quarter the price without the TB12 logo.
Corona has 3 times the amount of electrolytes as your average beer.

In May, Gronkowski started working with Brady’s body coach and personal guru, Alex Guerrero.

This is actually great news. If it works half as well as with Tommy this could be huge. Of course Gronk's injury history esp. back is much more difficult task . still great to hear

I wonder if this decision is somehow connected w Gronk's recent extension..

Great article here:
Guregian: Rob Gronkowski adopting training program of Tom Brady and his guru

quote:

Gronkowski always has marvelled at how well Tom Brady, who turns 40 Thursday, has persevered. So 12 weeks ago, still feeling a little rough and ragged, Gronk took some advice from the five-time Super Bowl winner. Hoping to extend his NFL shelf life, the all-world tight end agreed to commit to working with Brady’s body coach and business partner, Alex Guerrero, who runs TB12 Sports Therapy Center at Patriot Place.

“Just looking at Tom, seeing what he does every day, what he eats, talking to him, personally one-on-one, just learning about the body with him, just seeing how flexible he is, how pliable he is, how loose he is all the time, every day and ready to go, I just felt like it was the time in my career where I needed to devote myself at all levels,” Gronkowski told the Herald Friday, shortly before a session at TB12.

The best news is Gronkowski has looked terrific during the first few days of workouts, and even better, he said he feels great — better than he has in a long time.

“I haven’t lost a single pound. But my body is working more efficiently. Everyone thinks I’m skinnier,” Gronk said with a smile. “I feel looser. I feel my mobility has increased a lot. I feel way more pliable.”

Avocado ice cream?

“I’m not to that level, no. Maybe one day I’ll get to that level,” he said. “One step at a time (laughing).”
I do actually think he looks thinner, but that's ok as long as he stays healthy

I confess! I've been buying the TB12 dinners and doing the training with bands. No drinking(hard for me!) and no nightshades for 5 weeks. Lost 9 lbs and feel so good. Lots of energy. Is it his regiment 100%, no but it feels good - really does.

Jack Daniels is 60% water. So a shot of Jack Daniels followed by 0.5 oz of water and you're good.

Beer (hearty IPA) is 93.5% water. So after a beer, you need about 3 oz of everclear.

Did Gronk ever have that third back operation? Sadly, there's no recovery from three back operations, if so. In general, spinal cord problems aren't amenable to any dietary or exercise regimen.

Did Gronk ever have that third back operation? Sadly, there's no recovery from three back operations, if so. In general, spinal cord problems aren't amenable to any dietary or exercise regimen.
There is no recovery from three, exactly three, back operations no matter what those operations are? Sounds like you are a rocket surgeon. (See Bills farm team thread for context).

The number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

Once the number three, being the third number, of back operations be reached, then there be no cure.

Then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe Goodell, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

In May, Gronkowski started working with Brady’s body coach and personal guru, Alex Guerrero.

This is actually great news. If it works half as well as with Tommy this could be huge. Of course Gronk's injury history esp. back is much more difficult task . still great to hear

I wonder if this decision is somehow connected w Gronk's recent extension..

Great article here:
Guregian: Rob Gronkowski adopting training program of Tom Brady and his guru

quote:

Gronkowski always has marvelled at how well Tom Brady, who turns 40 Thursday, has persevered. So 12 weeks ago, still feeling a little rough and ragged, Gronk took some advice from the five-time Super Bowl winner. Hoping to extend his NFL shelf life, the all-world tight end agreed to commit to working with Brady’s body coach and business partner, Alex Guerrero, who runs TB12 Sports Therapy Center at Patriot Place.

“Just looking at Tom, seeing what he does every day, what he eats, talking to him, personally one-on-one, just learning about the body with him, just seeing how flexible he is, how pliable he is, how loose he is all the time, every day and ready to go, I just felt like it was the time in my career where I needed to devote myself at all levels,” Gronkowski told the Herald Friday, shortly before a session at TB12.

The best news is Gronkowski has looked terrific during the first few days of workouts, and even better, he said he feels great — better than he has in a long time.

“I haven’t lost a single pound. But my body is working more efficiently. Everyone thinks I’m skinnier,” Gronk said with a smile. “I feel looser. I feel my mobility has increased a lot. I feel way more pliable.”

Avocado ice cream?

“I’m not to that level, no. Maybe one day I’ll get to that level,” he said. “One step at a time (laughing).”

It's actually the best news possible- Gronk is a monster and really, the only person that can stop him is him.

Because of his history and tendency to get hurt, whether genetic or from bad luck, I've always felt that his "party persona" while profitable and useful as a "brand," is very corrosive to his playing football.

I've read some of the comments, and FWIW, partying for the average individual does no real harm, but when your body is engaged in full battle every single week, trying to heal and repair from injuries, whatever you do to it is magnified.

Eating right, avoiding alcohol, and food with highly inflammatory properties, during the season, would really go a long way, and speed up healing. As is getting plenty of sleep (as opposed to partying all night long).

It's actually the best news possible- Gronk is a monster and really, the only person that can stop him is him.

Because of his history and tendency to get hurt, whether genetic or from bad luck, I've always felt that his "party persona" while profitable and useful as a "brand," is very corrosive to his playing football.

I've read some of the comments, and FWIW, partying for the average individual does no real harm, but when your body is engaged in full battle every single week, trying to heal and repair from injuries, whatever you do to it is magnified.

Eating right, avoiding alcohol, and food with highly inflammatory properties, during the season, would really go a long way, and speed up healing. As is getting plenty of sleep (as opposed to partying all night long).

I agree with you but the party persona and actual partying are two different things. You might be a bit too judgemental here.

I don't think Gronks party persona is not corrosive to Gronk the football player. Now, actual partying and getting smashed when he should be resting or working out is. As of right now, there is no evidence that partying is hurting Gronk the football player- yet.

Dating myself here but Dean Martin and Foster Brooks used to do their acts pretending to be hammered when they really weren't and made a nice living doing so. Gronk is following a similar pattern. The Patriots understand this and clearly don't have too big of an issue with it.

In other news, Tim Tebow tried the TB12 regimen, allowing him to make more impassioned displays of piety. He reportedly feels holier and has more energy, flexibility, strength, and stamina.

"I'm only interested in this league if I'm the main man," said Tebow, who has signed a one year contract with a Lancaster, PA arena quiddich team owned by musician Jon Bon Jovi.

Some insight on High preseason regimen . joined the Guerrero party..

Hightower, who is on the physically unable to perform list, has been working with Tom Brady’s trusted trainer to build strength in his knee before the Patriots unleash him for the season, according to a source. They want Hightower to get to a point where his knee is as strong as possible before he hits the field.

Dont'a Hightower working with Tom Brady's trainer to prepare knee for season

Some insight on High preseason regimen . joined the Guerrero party..

Hightower, who is on the physically unable to perform list, has been working with Tom Brady’s trusted trainer to build strength in his knee before the Patriots unleash him for the season, according to a source. They want Hightower to get to a point where his knee is as strong as possible before he hits the field.

Dont'a Hightower working with Tom Brady's trainer to prepare knee for season

Love it. Hopefully he's been tweaking Hightower's diet as well.

I agree with you but the party persona and actual partying are two different things. You might be a bit too judgemental here.

I don't think Gronks party persona is not corrosive to Gronk the football player. Now, actual partying and getting smashed when he should be resting or working out is. As of right now, there is no evidence that partying is hurting Gronk the football player- yet.

Dating myself here but Dean Martin and Foster Brooks used to do their acts pretending to be hammered when they really weren't and made a nice living doing so. Gronk is following a similar pattern. The Patriots understand this and clearly don't have too big of an issue with it.

Which is why I label Gronk's "partying persona" as more of a "brand" than anything else. It's how he chose to market himself, and it's certainly very profitable and lucrative.

BUT- he still needs to sell it, he still needs to be seen chugging liquor or beer, and he still needs to be seen at such and such place at an ungodly hour, on a frequent basis (for him to collect his appearance fees).

I believe that Brady could be described as a lectin-free vegan and that has been my diet for a few months now that my 40's are getting underway, and the benefits have been genuine and very noticeable.

Love it. Hopefully he's been tweaking Hightower's diet as well.

Id guess High's last chance for “real“ food were the Jetes cupcakes;)

Seriously, if High stops having knee problems that Guerrero place becomes a shrine..
BTW - Jules is on the program there as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back