PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk, Cooper, Solder downgraded to OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh ****. It's up to the defense to play lights out Sunday. I'm more concerned about the O-Line than Gronk being out. We have enough offensive weapons for JG to work with but will he have time?

I don't think the sky is falling and still think this team can and will finish 12-4 or 13-3 and see this team being in their 6th straight AFCCG (a record by the way), I just feel thinking this one feeling like a loss is valid.

- No Brady
- No Gronk
- Missing other key players
- We are playing a good team on the road
- Jimmy's first career start

We could win and hope we do. I just am getting bad vibes.

Oh, please. We haven't even played one regular season game. :rolleyes:

Mr. Party Boy can't answer the NFL bell yet again!!! Never one to miss a party though.
A muscle pull is kept him out of action for weeks. And this is going to heal throughout the season??
Given his never ending injury history, his predictable unreliability and his age I think Gronk is on his last Patriot contract. I for one will not shed a tear when this guy goes bye bye. This offense has been held hostage by Mr. P B for too long.

Right, the injury situation usually improves as the season progresses.

:(

You got that right. And since Bill didn't do very much to improve the O line to begin with this team is really screwed right now. What will save them is a terrific defense and great special teams play.

D gets 3 TOs...we're in business...any less and we are probably in trouble

Sometimes i wonder if this team has 4 superbowls and has been the winningest franchise in over 15yrs looking at all the reactions here on this board. There is no faith in the coaches or players on this board for some even after time and time again they have figured things out as the season has gone on.

Arizona game plans all week for Gronk, who doesn't play, and BB hits them with Mitchell and Amendola who they have little to no tape on from the preseason.

Trying to find the most positive "secret BB genius tactic" I can think of.

It sucks that Gronk won't be available, but if it's a coach's decision I think they're right for holding him out.

Kicking off the season with a nagging injury like that is not a good thing.

I have to agree with many on here who say "FCK that!....that's why we have 3 other TE on the team and ALL of our WR....never mind RB out of the backfield catching and pounding it up the gut!!!!! THIS TEAM IS LOADED KIDS!!!! Gronk is one piece of the puzzle NOT the game!!! Solder has been ok the past two seasons not lights out....not a difference maker!!!! WILL PEOPLE PLEASE give Jimmy a f'ing chance AND SUPPORT HIM?!...,Why any true Pats fan would get DOWN on a guy thrust into action because of Brady's issues.....and trying to do his best until Tom gets back.....is beyond my comprehension!!!! Jimmy is a Patriot ...,trying to winsome games!!! Rally behind the guy!!!! We will be fine!!! GO PATS!!!!!!

Watch the defense stifle Arizona and Garoppolo throw for 300 yards 3 TD Has the makings for one of those games where everything says the result should be one way and it turns out another way.

Watch the defense stifle Arizona and Garoppolo throw for 300 yards 3 TD Has the makings for one of those games where everything says the result should be one way and it turns out another way.

Honestly, the only way they win is if Blount has the game of his life playing in a game where the likely script won't be helpful with an offensive line featuring literally zero of the presumed starters from 8 weeks ago and missing the best blocking tight end in football for backup.

Cardinals may not score a lot but they should win going away, but maybe Bill has something up his sleeve.

Honestly, the only way they win is if Blount has the game of his life playing in a game where the likely script won't be helpful with an offensive line featuring literally zero of the presumed starters from 8 weeks ago and missing the best blocking tight end in football for backup.

In at least two cases, that's not (necessarily) a bad thing.

won't be helpful with an offensive line featuring literally zero of the presumed starters from 8 weeks ago

Ya maybe 8 weeks ago the fans didn't think it. But the team has known for basically a month now that Thuney, Andrews and Cannon would be starters and who knows maybe somehow someway an OL of Waddle-Thuney-Andrews-Karras-Cannon just somehow works well enough to open some holes for the running game and pass blocks good enough for quick, short passes

As for Solder, good thing the Tackle depth was addressed in the off-season.

Wait a second.... :(:mad:

I'm guessing Bill/Scar like Waddle and Cannon enough.

Chandler Jones might have the game of his life.

So the offense will be missing the GOAT QB, the GOAT TE, its top RB, and both its starting tackles.

Well, at least it seems that 4 of the 5 are expected back later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST