PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grigson gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
31 TDs 13 INTs 96 QB rating over 4000 yards, if that's broken i wouldn't mind someone that broken to follow Tom Brady, that's better numbers than Big Ben put up, that's the 3rd best QB in the AFC in 2016.

Andrew Luck was horrible in 2015 but he was really good this year, he went from being one of the most overrated players in the NFL in 2012-2014 to actually underrated this year.

I didn't know he had that good of a season. There was very little reason to watch any Colts games this year. It is true that he just underwent shoulder surgery, on his throwing arm. They really need to get better OL talent to keep him intact.

I'm an optimist so I'm hopeful that this means they'll go with one of the 3 people on the face of the earth who would be a worse choice than Grigson.
I think Bobby Grier just retired. And both Tannebaum and Idzik are currently employed elsewhere. :rolleyes:

5mRJl.gif

The Colts aren't near competitive. They have a ways to go to catch Tennesee since they are ahead of the build for the Colts.

Finally. Pagano should be next. He is great guy, but as a coach, he is simply not a difference maker at this point, certainly not with this roster.

Yeah, but it seems they've broken Andrew Luck. He's got the yips, and he's just coming off shoulder surgery on top of all his other issues.

Just because Luck regressed in that joke of an organization run by Grigson doesn't mean that he couldn't have a career re-birth (and maybe a major one) if they somehow stumble into getting a competent GM (of course, that assumes a complete 180 by ownership). There have been many top rated QB's that started out (mostly playing badly) in terrible organizations (Steve Young, Vinny Testaverde) that underwent a complete career renaisance in the right organization. Luck seems to have the intangibles, the work ethic, and the winning attitude, I could see him really turning his career around without Grigson poisoning the well.

Grigson getting fired is terrible news (for us) IMHO. I can only hope that Irsay's next hire is as perceptive as his last. :D

What happened? Irsay lost his pills and experienced sobriety for the first time in five years and suddenly realized what a clown he had as a GM?

As noted by practically everyone, what goes around comes around. Suck it, beeyotch.

Hate to admit it, but I sure hope Irsay hires someone that's ends up being pretty incompetent. Because that team has a lot of cap space right now. Smart FA moves, and smart drafting could make that team become very relevant again.

Plus, most importantly, they have a very, very talented QB, or at least he used to be before he was ruined by the Colt organization. I could see Luck turning his career around now if Irsay somehow stumbles into a good GM.

I could happen. Even Jerry Jones lucked into Dak Prescott. ;)

There were rumours floating around that Gruden was offered the HC position, but turned it down because Grigson was to remain.

Not sure how valid those were, but wonder if this changes the equation and Pagano is gone.

I doubt it, but cokeheads like Irsay are hardly predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back