PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Dion Lewis article on The Ringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Chris. Never get tired of watching Dion.
He's the best Pats rb since Corey Dillon.
One reason he's so key to the Pats offense is the fact that he excels at so many different things: can run inside,outside, short, long, with speed,power and elusiveness; great receiver and blocker. It all adds up to making defenses guess more, because they have no idea what kind of play is coming. He's easily the 3rd most important guy on offense after TB and Gronk. And fun as hell to watch.

Killer gif's of running plays in that Ringer (Danny Kelly) article. I love watching how dynamic blocking schemes can be. It's nearly magical to watch, given how quickly a typical running play unfolds. Then add in Lewis' special running abilities.
Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

giphy.gif

He has been great this year. Really, I think Dion is responsible for 2-3 wins alone as is Gronk. He really stepped up and I hope to god that he makes it through this season.

Thanks for the link. Enjoyed the read and the videos. Lewis is amazing but many of those chunk plays would not have been as successful as they were without excellent blocking at the second level. Props to Gronk, Allen and Dorsett. While not big contributors in the passing game, Allen and Dorsett both show up in the running game.

Geat article, I always felt like Lewis was a special kind of player when he made the whole Dallas defense tackle air on his way to the Endzone back in 2015. It's too bad he has spent so much of his career injured, he could be one of the great running backs in the league. But that's also probably why he's on the Patriots. So I'm not complaining. Just sucks for him and his wallet.

Dion Lewis is what you call a Factor Back he can do it all. The Defense is really at a disadvantage if he's a receiving option. I think most us because of the emergence of James White forgot that the Cat can catch too. :cool:

Geat article, I always felt like Lewis was a special kind of player when he made the whole Dallas defense tackle air on his way to the Endzone back in 2015. It's too bad he has spent so much of his career injured, he could be one of the great running backs in the league. But that's also probably why he's on the Patriots. So I'm not complaining. Just sucks for him and his wallet.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that TD in Dallas is one of the most amazing scores I've seen. If it was Barry Sanders who did that, it would be on a Historical Highlights clip on NFL Films.

Regards,
Chris

I'm not exaggerating when I say that TD in Dallas is one of the most amazing scores I've seen. If it was Barry Sanders who did that, it would be on a Historical Highlights clip on NFL Films.

Regards,
Chris

Agree completely, every time I watch that it blows my mind. I exagerate with the whole defense quip, but I think it was still like 7 guys that had a chance to bring him down and they all couldn't do it.

[The first thing that stands out in Lewis’s game is his suddenness as a runner. He’s lightning fast from stop to start, and he’s figuratively broken plenty of defenders’ ankles this year with cut-on-a-dime jukes and lateral cuts./QUOTE]
I have been making the case for CAT LIKE QUICKNESS for a long time!!!

I totally agree that he is the X-factor and there isn't much talk of him leading up to the first playoff game but if he can touch the ball 20 times, Pats will be very tough to beat.

Nice article! Wish they would leave out the PFF and Football outsiders junk.

I don't have any real good objective reason but I trust FO way more than PFF.

I don't have any real good objective reason but I trust FO way more than PFF.

I'm with you there. But I have a low opinion on both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes