PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great breakdown on Jimmy Garoppolo's strengths (with film analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Last edited:
Great stuff ! Learned a lot about JG.

I hate talking about JG. Why? Because I like him A LOT.

4 years from now, when TB12 is 42 and Grop is 26/27, i don't know man, I don't know what would I do.
(This is based on my expectations that Garoppolo will keep evolving and that TB's skillset WILL have diminished, even if just a bit).

Good kid :)

Thanks for sharing.

Clearly the decision making piece is the biggest area for improvement.

I hate talking about JG. Why? Because I like him A LOT.

4 years from now, when TB12 is 42 and Grop is 26/27, i don't know man, I don't know what would I do.
(This is based on my expectations that Garoppolo will keep evolving and that TB's skillset WILL have diminished, even if just a bit).

The problem is that the Pats probably don't have four years unless they're willing to slap the franchise tag on Garoppolo. It probably has to be decided by the 2018 draft.

Jimmy just changed his twitter avi from him in his college days into this.....

Just thought I'd point that out ;)

Not to go off topic, but I remember when we drafted Brady in 2000. I was happy we drafted him, because I watched him in college, and thought he was good, but always got a raw deal at Michigan. My whole Patriot's fandom career, I was hoping for that legendary Pat's QB. I thought we were gonna have that in Bledsoe, but his 4 INTs in the SB in 1997 just crushed my dreams.

If you go way back like I do (1975), and I know a lot of you do, you were always hoping and wishing for someone in the parade of average QBs would step up and wind up being something special, lead us to the promised land. From Cavanaugh, to Eason (thought he was gonna be great) to Ramsey (thought he was gonna be good), etc, just shear disappointment for so may years. So just like all of those guys up until 2000, when we drafted Brady, I was happy and hopeful, was hoping he'd be a decent backup to Bledsoe and maybe take his place as a starter someday.

Little did I know the legend TFB would become. I feel so spoiled as a Pat's fan, we are so lucky to have witnessed Brady's greatness, the legend of Brady we Pat's fans will be talking about forever. Free Tom Brady, **** Goodell and as NWA so eloquently rapped, **** the NFL.

On a side note, I think Garoppolo could be a good to very good NFL QB. Compared to Tony Romo quite often, I feel he could have that type of success and impact.

If Bill trades Jimmy away, it will be one of Belichick's biggest mistakes. I'd rather trade Chandler Jones for a pick, and keep Garroppolo as a backup in case Brady can't deliver down the stretch. The kid has potential, and I don't want this franchise to suffer the same ordeal as the Texans - desperately searching for a franchise QB

I just feel that there's something special brewing. Something about this kid. Something maybe magical about a QB nicknamed Alladin.

He strikes me as a keeper, and someone who can wear superman's cape after the current superman goes back to being Clark Kent. I hope he stays.

I just feel that there's something special brewing. Something about this kid. Something maybe magical about a QB nicknamed Alladin.

He strikes me as a keeper, and someone who can wear superman's cape after the current superman goes back to being Clark Kent. I hope he stays.
I just don't see how that's feasible. Brady is on the team for several more years now and JG is only here this and next year. Do we expect Jimmy to sign an extension to keep being a backup through the end of Brady's deal? I can't imagine the kid doing that when he could be spending his prime years of his youth starting elsewhere for BIG money. Brock Osweiler is making $18m a year. Is BB gonna pay Jimmy anywhere close to that to ride the pine? I don't think so...

I just don't see how that's feasible. Brady is on the team for several more years now and JG is only here this and next year. Do we expect Jimmy to sign an extension to keep being a backup through the end of Brady's deal? I can't imagine the kid doing that when he could be spending his prime years of his youth starting elsewhere for BIG money. Brock Osweiler is making $18m a year. Is BB gonna pay Jimmy anywhere close to that to ride the pine? I don't think so...

I'm not sure Brady stays that long. Sure, he just reworked his deal, but that doesn't guarantee him playing time beyond this coming year. He actually DOES treat his body like a temple, but you can only take those beatings for so long. We'll see, I suppose.

I'm not sure Brady stays that long. Sure, he just reworked his deal, but that doesn't guarantee him playing time beyond this coming year. He actually DOES treat his body like a temple, but you can only take those beatings for so long. We'll see, I suppose.
At this point I just don't think about it anymore. Brady is truly Iron Man and will never be injured, age or die, and will believe so until proven otherwise.

If Jimmy G can go 2-2 if Brady gets suspended I think will still be in great shape for another AFC East title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes