• F

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Nike Belichick is a good boy

Votes: 15 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in B territory, possibly B-. Very happy with the draft with two exciting prospects who could knock it up to an A if I was certain they’d live up to their potential but there are some risk factors. Jennings is a perfectly fine pick who could be a solid, if unspectacular starter in time and the two TEs are at the better end of a mediocre group and offer more promise than the incumbents. Overall, I’m very happy.

It seems as though DaBruinz and JMC00 somehow combined to count as 9 “A” grades.
It seems as though DaBruinz, JMC00, and Andy Johnson slash Six Rings somehow combined themselves into taking up 9 “A” grades.

I'm looking for some input to help guide my vote.

1. Who are the clean (no flags) players the Patriots drafted?
  2. Who are the "Oh, Yes, absolutely!" first year starters the Patriots drafted?

I’m in B territory, possibly B-. Very happy with the draft with two exciting prospects who could knock it up to an A if I was certain they’d live up to their potential but there are some risk factors. Jennings is a perfectly fine pick who could be a solid, if unspectacular starter in time and the two TEs are at the better end of a mediocre group and offer more promise than the incumbents. Overall, I’m very happy.

Pretty much.

I like all the picks, but there were surer bets available. But the players we took have higher ceilings

I'm looking for some input to help guide my vote.

1. Who are the clean (no flags) players the Patriots drafted?
  2. Who are the "Oh, Yes, absolutely!" first year starters the Patriots drafted?
Both TE should start. I'm definitely leaning that way. Underutilized position but both were, esp Keene. We don't have anyone like him on the roster.

I'm not saying impact stars but they'll contribute year 1.

Dugger was 37 overall I doubt he sits. He could play LB - box/overhang. Esp when you consider the depth chart rn.

Uche, off the ball. Again looking at the depth chart, it's easy to see some reps but how many? Idk.

Jennings I don't have a great read on in terms of playing time. Looks like he has a few guys in front of him.

It's not an easy class to wrap your head around for the average fan. Most never heard of any of them.

To comprehend all of the players and how well they fit is beyond my comprehension..

This AM after reading about these fab 5 it looks about as good as it can look, but the proof will bear out in the next 20 or so months..

As of right now this team seems younger and faster, which seemed to be an issue last year..

Based on my request before draft...

Quote " ...
CMON BELICHICK... GRAB THAT BIG STUD GUY LIKE SEYMOUR, OR HIGHTOWER , OR GRONK..

I WANT TE OR LB. OLINE MAYBE.. "

I'm very happy he reads my posts. GRADE A.

I see Jennings as being more of an inside backer with the ability to be a run stuffer in the same vein as HT. Would that be a safe assumption? He looks to be strong and sturdy.

My first thought on him was he sounded like a poor man's Hightower, but I don't recall Hightower being primarily an edge guy in college, so I'm not sure that's the right comparison. We definitely need off ball linebackers though so maybe he/Uche could be moved there.

A++++

Disclaimers:
1. My wife issued me a verbal version of the "Gisele letter" 6 years ago and I haven't watched a single college game since.
2. Had a recent minor procedure and I'm on a copious amount of opiods.
3. I really liked Bill's dog.

My first thought on him was he sounded like a poor man's Hightower, but I don't recall Hightower being primarily an edge guy in college, so I'm not sure that's the right comparison. We definitely need off ball linebackers though so maybe he/Uche could be moved there.

Jennings reminds me more of KVN/Simon. He's got a little Sheard to him, perhaps. Maybe not a guy we want off the ball all the time, but he's a strong rusher and run defender, with a knack for batting down the ball (11 PD this season, I believe).

Uche has way more speed and coverage chops. He's a great edge rusher, but he will probably spend time inside and out. I saw someone mention Roman Phifer as a bit of a comp. I like that one. Uche might be faster, though. Good to have a speedy LB. :)

I have it as a C. I think they are all decent prospects, but they passed up a lot of really good prospects by trading down. I LOVE the fact that they drafted TWO TEs, been begging for that all offseason. BUT did they pick the correct ones ?

Asiasi is the Gronk replacement due to his ability to get vertical. I have no complaints about him. I know a lot of guys here on this board liked him a lot. My only downside on him is he’s only 6’3”. But he’s heavy, Pats are listing him at 279 pounds.

I like Dalton Keene, but I don’t know if I like trading up for him in the 3rd or like him more than Adam Trautman who they passed up. That being said, if you watch Asiasi and Keene on film, the eye test says Asiasi is the better TE, more talented. But I was shocked to find out, that Keene had better combine numbers. Better 40, better 3 cone, better everything, even taller at 6’4” and he’s 255.

Dugger is a really intriguing pick. The commentators at the Senior Bowl seemed to love him, a lot of high praise. You have to love the measurables, 6’1” 215, ran a 4.49, a 42” vertical (holy schnickes), just an explosive athlete. Also has great return ability as a punt returner. Can learn from McCourty & Chung. All that being said, was it an obvious need ? Will he do anything other than being a special teams player his first 3 years ?

Uche, I like the pick, solid pass rusher with who really only was a starter this year. Jennings, also a solid pass rusher. On the NFL website, coincidentally they compare him to KVN.

So, some reasons I gave it a C is they passed up some elite talent (it’s a tradition) to trade down. Also, though I like all 5 players, as far as the two TE’s, did they pick the correct ones ? Does Keene have enough upside to warrant trading up and passing up a guy like Adam Trautman ? I like the Asiasi except for his height and his crappy vertical.

Uche, I have no issues with, except height wise. And Jennings, I like him (I know some here don’t), but were better talents available at the time ?

Good talents. I think that they all will get some decent playing time, especially as situational pass rushers by Uche & Jennings, and on special teams by all of them. The TEs will see more time on the field than any draftees. But my C grade is because of my concerns listed above. That being said, I don’t consider C as a bad grade.

The players I'd grade out to a solid B.

I'm not sure what the long term plan is here. If we are acknowledging next season as a lost cause, which we should, I'm fine with the draft thus far. Loading up with young talent on D, finally upgrading our wretched TE situation.

Next off season we'll need to do a lot of rebuilding on offense starting with a franchise QB if Stiddy is not that. Need upgrades at receiver, and likely move on from Michel.

If we are in rebuild mode, terrific. That's what I'm hoping for.

Why? Nothing wrong with him.

Yesterday is a solid A. Two stud athletes. Jennings may not be an elite athlete but he's a great football player. Don't forget that Hightower isn't a "great athlete" either. Neither was Bruschi.

The two TEs have me smiling. Both have potential to be very very good, and I like how different they are. Asiasi is more of an in-line guy and Keene is a classic do-everything H-back type. Together they could be dynamic for this team.

I liked that they got five excellent picks and still have six to go today to fill in the gaps. Lots of ammo still. But so far, very very well done by BB.

He drafted a Last Chance U player over proven D1 stars. Give me a break. He hadn’t drafted a pro bowler since 2013 and that’s why we are where we are without Tom Brady to save the day

Jerry Rice came out of Mississippi Valley State, the school doesn't necessarily say sh!t.

Worst draft I can remember. These players would have still been there in round flippin 10 back in the day. Bring back Bobby Grier! At least he could draft some starters!

To draft or not to draft, that is the question
Whether it be nobler in mind to listen to a professional
Or to disagree with a sea of armchair GM and by opposing called homer
Tis a quandary never to be taken
To win, to lose, to win, perhaps to tie
that is the objective
For in that state of bliss must give us pause
That is the calamity of the football draft
;)

Too much time at home:confused::confused::D

Why? Nothing wrong with him.
He is a JAG who likely peaked in the 2018-2019 season. Doesn’t catch passes, mostly gets stuffed or dropped for losses. We can find another RB as good as or better next off season. Regardless he had an entire season to prove that’s not the case but I’m skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST