PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gostkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a fine kicker but I don’t think he likes pressure kicks. He had time to calmly kick that FG despite the botched snap.
We aren’t hammering him because there’s bigger fish to fry. AKA BB.

you must never have kicked a field goal in your life.

All Time FG%
3. Gostkowski
11. Graham
13. Vinatieri
81. Bahr
101. Franklin
Gostkowski is on track to become the NFL’s all time leading scorer even if his career is slightly shorter than Vinatieri or Morton Anderson.

i guess you haven’t figured out how dumb that list is. shayne graham ranks ahead of vinatieri

lmao

get a new list and a new counterpoint

gostkowski cannot be trusted

Jesus you are a moron. Lets compare a rookie to a veteran who has been a top 5 kicker for the last 7-8 years and talk about consistency.

umm, when i see a rookie with ice in his veins nail a 50 yarder in worse conditions the same day overrated gostkowski misses one from the same distance, umm yeah, it is about all
i need to see. the guy cannot be trusted
as we have seen from bb. moving on from that guy would be a huge benefit in the kicking game.

the tool missed a 33 yd pat in thin air denver on the title, causing a loss.

you rubes and your fantasy points have destroyed your ability to analyze.

There shouldn’t be much debate, here. There are no other better options than Gost, and he’s been very good from far out.

I do understand the concern when he misses XPs and FGs in the biggest game of the season THREE years in a row.

2015–AFCCG at DE
2016–SB
2017–SB

That alone is going to set off alarm bells. As we know, it’s about field position, as well, and he excels in that area.

why is he missing such easy kicks? he also missss the 35-40 yard variety too. he has zero finesse. he over-strikes the ball all the time. even the way it knuckeleballs off of his foot is bizarre. if he is so great, why is everyone so nervous before kicks or very casual viewers literally asking if the pats have a back up kicker available?? lmao

just sad how protected this guy is

The chances were like less than one percent making two two point conversions. That was the craziest football game I’ve ever seen. The game with philly Isn’t even close

Umm. . . A 2 pointer is about a 50-50 proposition.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

why is he missing such easy kicks? he also missss the 35-40 yard variety too. he has zero finesse. he over-strikes the ball all the time. even the way it knuckeleballs off of his foot is bizarre. if he is so great, why is everyone so nervous before kicks or very casual viewers literally asking if the pats have a back up kicker available?? lmao

just sad how protected this guy is

i guess you haven’t figured out how dumb that list is. shayne graham ranks ahead of vinatieri

lmao

get a new list and a new counterpoint

gostkowski cannot be trusted

Well, it's a simple percentage.
What statistic would be most preferred to make your argument?

Well, it's a simple percentage.
What statistic would be most preferred to make your argument?

how about not handwringing as he is winding up to kick a fg or pat??

is there a metric for that? lol

Last edited:
leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

why is he missing such easy kicks? he also missss the 35-40 yard variety too.
In 2017 Gostkowski was 16-16 from 20-29, was 9-9 from 30-39, was 8-11 from 40-49, and was 4-4 from 50+. Overall he was 92.5%, placing him 5th in the NFL. Among kickers who attempted at least 40 FGs, he was 2nd in percentage.

umm, when i see a rookie with ice in his veins nail a 50 yarder in worse conditions the same day overrated gostkowski misses one from the same distance, umm yeah, it is about all
i need to see. the guy cannot be trusted
as we have seen from bb. moving on from that guy would be a huge benefit in the kicking game.

the tool missed a 33 yd pat in thin air denver on the title, causing a loss.

you rubes and your fantasy points have destroyed your ability to analyze.

@Chris Stevenson
So you consider a 50yd FG in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game to signify “ice in the veins?”
Do you consider Adam Vinatieri to have icy veins?
In the 2003 SB, AV missed FG attempts from 31 and 36 yards...ones that could have decided the game.
He was fortunate a botched kick off and a clutch quarterback have him a chance to nail a 40 yarder at the end - his only make of the game.

@Chris Stevenson
So you consider a 50yd FG in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game to signify “ice in the veins?”
In the 2003 SB, AV missed FG attempts from 31 and 36 yards...ones that could have decided the game.
He was fortunate a botched kick off and a clutch quarterback have him a chance to nail a 40 yarder at the end - his only make of the game.
To be fair I think one of them was a block not a miss.

AV wasn't very good in the playoff exit @ Denver though. That game was probably one reason why the team decided not to pay top dollar for him and led to his departure.

@Chris Stevenson

Vinateri gets overhyped based on 3 kicks in his life. He is a great kicker but certainly not on another level than Ghost or Tucker.

Vinateri gets overhyped based on 3 kicks in his life. He is a great kicker but certainly not on another level than Ghost or Tucker.

...which is why I defend Gost.
If AV were on the post-2006 high powered offensive Patriots teams, We would have been much more critical of his legacy.
He has been kicking in a dome for most of his career and still kicks a lower percentage then Tucker and Gostkowski.

Last edited:
If AV were on the post-2006 high powered offensive Patriots teams, We would have been much more critical of his legacy.
He has been kicking in a go home for most of his career and still kicks a lower percentage then Tucker and Gostkowski.

To think of it, as great of a kicker as Tucker is, he is most remembered for missing the easy kick at Gillette that would have sent the revisions to the Super Bowl.

That was actually Billy Cundiff. Tucker joined the Ravens in 2012

He has been kicking in a go home for most of his career and still kicks a lower percentage then Tucker and Gostkowski.

To think of it, as great of a kicker as Tucker is, he is most remembered for missing the easy kick at Gillette that would have sent the revisions to the Super Bowl.

that was cundiff

vinatieri was automatic and bb trusted him

AV wasn't very good in the playoff exit @ Denver though. That game was probably one reason why the team decided not to pay top dollar for him and led to his departure.

That and the fact that his kickoffs were not so good (the probability of him kicking a touchback in December was basically zero).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft