PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gostkowski agrees to four-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that probably make him the highest paid kicker in the NFL?

In any case he's among the very best so I'm glad to have him for several more years.

High in general for a kicker, but it depends on if he's likely to see the final year. Even so, the value he brings not only on field goals, but on field position from touchbacks is pretty high. Glad to have him around for a while.

Finally some positive news for the Pats.

Now that he signed watch the Omissioner dock the Pats a couple more draft picks for his refusal to give his cell phone to the NFL* during the Deflategate investigation.

Well he is maybe the best kicker in the NFL, so I don't have any problem with having him payed the most. Kicker is also a position that you can play for a long time, so no problem with a 4 year deal at his age. Good deal for both sides.

Good deal, still wonder if he'll be as good with the properly inflated balls he's always kicked.

That's a ton of money for a kicker, but that might be the new normal after the PAT changes. I'm glad they got it done.

smart move by the Pats, he is the best kicker in the league.

That's a ton of money for a kicker, but that might be the new normal after the PAT changes. I'm glad they got it done.

Great point, with the new rule for extra points a lot of kickers are gonna get exposed raising the market for reliable kickers.

Good stuff. Gost has earned every penny of that. Still wish they would have let him attempt that FG in Super Bowl XLII instead of going for it on 4th down. Sorry for the salt in the wound, everyone. :(

If anyone remembers that Sportcenter commercial...

Looks like Mr. Gostkowski finally got the raise he felt he deserved. ;)

Good stuff. Gost has earned every penny of that. Still wish they would have let him attempt that FG in Super Bowl XLII instead of going for it on 4th down. Sorry for the salt in the wound, everyone. :(

Here I am, ignoring the Houston/Bryant signings and the commensurate Revis comments, and you go dropping this in here?

93ebc13ed80016aaa07861018512b3e1.jpg

May soon seem like a bargain; I anticipate a shift in the kicker market after a season with the new PAT rules.

Bryant - 5 for 70
Thomas 5 for 70
Houston 6 for 101

Bryant - 5 for 70
Thomas 5 for 70
Houston 6 for 101

Man, how much of a steal is Gronk, best touchdown machine in recent NFL history. Bryant is only ahead of him due to Gronk missing 14 games over 2012 and 2013 with probably another half of the games played and a few more in 2014 at less than full strength.

He's only averaging 9m/yr and claims he hasn't spent much, if any of that money. He also seems like he has too much fun to ever hold out for a raise but that's dangerous speculation.

Man, how much of a steal is Gronk, best touchdown machine in recent NFL history. Bryant is only ahead of him due to Gronk missing 14 games over 2012 and 2013 with probably another half of the games played and a few more in 2014 at less than full strength.

He's only averaging 9m/yr and claims he hasn't spent much, if any of that money. He also seems like he has too much fun to ever hold out for a raise but that's dangerous speculation.

He's making far more money off the field than Dez Bryant - - and will continue to do so for several decades to come.

Lockin' him up for next few years is a good move. Solidifies us in that area and now can focus on other areas.

Dude, this is the interwebs - - why "if anyone remembers"??????? ;)

Yeah true but I just remember it airing around the same time as the KC debacle so it was sort of forgotten around these parts at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back