PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcons said no on Sanu as well.

The hope it's a negotiating ploy and they are looking to field more offers

Only difference being Falcons said no on Sanu during the draft. I don’t think they envisioned what a horrible season they would have. Belichick isn’t shy about trading 1st rounders and Howard is worth it.

Only difference being Falcons said no on Sanu during the draft. I don’t think they envisioned what a horrible season they would have. Belichick isn’t shy about trading 1st rounders and Howard is worth it.

I guess i'd be OK with it. Worst case it'll be in the 28-32 range which typically nets a borderline 2nd rounder or a high risk 1st rd talent.

Howard is a 1st rd talent at a reasonable cost.

OK you convinced me. :p

Howard is a 1st rd talent at a reasonable cost.

Belichick isn’t shy about trading 1st rounders and Howard is worth it.

How do we know that ?

Seriously.. and please don't say he was a first round player because 2-3 years in this stuff is meaningless.

Maybe it is something personal between him and Arians but then you'd think they would be open to move on from him. And if he really has first round talent he'd find a way onto the roster in a more substantial role. It is not like the Bucs have that much talent.

Howard or Hooper even if it costs a first or more please.
I'd take a late round flier on Adam Sheehan.
But would love a motivated Howard.
Or a star on the rise in Hooper.

Hooper is a FA after the season. Giving up a 1st for him would be insane. It’s hard to see how they could afford to re-sign him in the off-season given all their other needs.

Hooper is a FA after the season. Giving up a 1st for him would be insane. It’s hard to see how they could afford to re-sign him in the off-season given all their other needs.

They could easily re-sign him. That is not the problem at all.

How do we know that ?

Seriously.. and please don't say he was a first round player because 2-3 years in this stuff is meaningless.

Maybe it is something personal between him and Arians but then you'd think they would be open to move on from him. And if he really has first round talent he'd find a way onto the roster in a more substantial role. It is not like the Bucs have that much talent.

Winston is his QB. I think that can explain a lot.

Something doesnt add up here. There has to be more to this story.

So, earlier in the day Pat's decide to cut their jag TE to create room for sanu. Gordon attends the walkthrough. Then in the afternoon they decide to keep their jag TE and instead cut Gordon who was in play to play against the browns sunday

A receiver who while not himself still was on pace to put up 600yards

How do we know that ?

I've seen him play and he looks like a 1st rd talent to me.

If the reason for his dropoff in productivity is in fact personal or system-related, that does not mean he has less talent. He was very good last year.

The key here is Licht. He drafted him before Ariens got there. If he is indeed on the market and knows his HC won't play him, how much of a depreciation on a #1 pick is he willing to take?

Last edited:
Something doesnt add up here. There has to be more to this story.

So, earlier in the day Pat's decide to cut their jag TE to create room for sanu. Gordon attends the walkthrough. Then in the afternoon they decide to keep their jag TE and instead cut Gordon who was in play to play against the browns sunday

A receiver who while not himself still was on pace to put up 600yards
My guess they think he is using but didnt want to announce it.
It makes the most sense out of everything out there.

It's a shame but it's the only thing that makes sense and Tomlinson is just keeping a seat warm I hope for a real player.

Howard was rated the top run blocking tight end in college. I can't find much about his blocking in the NFL. Does anyone have any insights? I know PFF rated him as the #2 tight end last year, for whatever that's worth. I'm wondering if a first round pick would be worth it. I'd be surprised if TB turned that down and we'd control him for three more years.

PFF: 10 On The Rise After Reese's Senior Bowl

Last edited:
Howard was rated the top run blocking tight end in college. I can't find much about his blocking in the NFL. Does anyone have any insights? I know PFF rated him a star the #2 tight end last year, for whatever that's worth. I'm wondering if a first round pick would be worth it. I'd be surprised if TB turned that down and we'd control him for three more years.

PFF: 10 On The Rise After Reese's Senior Bowl
Get the beast maybe we shock and get both Howard and Hooper.
Id give up A first to each team for that.

Unfortunately, this is the first thought that crossed my mind. As much as I love the guy as a player, I can see how having four different injuries in a season could lead to resuming use of some palliative.

A day later, though, it still makes me mad and sad.

Unfortunately, this is the first thought that crossed my mind. As much as I love the guy as a player, I can see how having four different injuries in a season could lead to resuming use of some palliative.

A day later, though, it still makes me mad and sad.
My guess very soon he fails a drug test and is banned from the NFL.

Howard has all the potential in the world without the production. Two different coaching staffs now and he hasn’t lived up to it. That’s not to say he is a bust or won’t get it going by any means but I wouldn’t want to give up a first round pick for him.

My guess very soon he fails a drug test and is banned from the NFL.

I was thinking the same thing either he's using or he's showing the same signs and patterns he did year before he relapsed and wanted to cut em early before it comes up so they don't have deal with the media ram again especially after the AB situation or they already know he's using and cut bait.

I was thinking the same thing either he's using or he's showing the same signs and patterns he did year before he relapsed and wanted to cut em early before it comes up so they don't have deal with the media ram again especially after the AB situation or they already know he's using and cut bait.
Makes the most sense and would be a real shame

Makes the most sense and would be a real shame

Yea has to, no team in the world is gonna just gonna go welp we don't need Josh Gordon adios! Don't care what kind of depth you have.

Could be. Or it could be that his production wasn’t worth the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back