PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

From a timing standpoint, the restructuring of Shaq's deal was.

Cutting Bennett was realized cap savings after the Sanu transaction was completed.

TBH Lombardi annoys me.

So why not just let him go right away?
Because if its after the trade deadline he would need to clear waivers. If its before he can be a FA and sign anywhere.

I have no problem with being lean and mean, but you can't say that with a straight face when you have Izzo, LaCosse, Tomlinson, & Gunner on the roster.

Tomlinson is on the team because they only have 1 TE this week and no FB.

Let's see how the TE position looks if we have Watson/LaCosse (fully healthy) and Izzo is used as only a 3rd TE.

Gunner is strictly Edelman protection.

Sometimes to make a team it isn't the best 53.

Bill is trimming the fat.

Don't be mad because the team is so good that this years fat are talents like Gordon and Bennett.

This year's fat is LaGlasse & Izzo. So Bill hasn't trimmed jack squat yet.

I guess my point is : who cares ? Since when does a good TE mean victories ? Almost all SB champs had ok TEs, not great ones.
Is this, like, a joke or something?

No. This board’s obsession w TEs is.

I'm obsessed with TE's, guilty. I think it's affecting the passing game but especially the running game without having even an average one.

My guess is they intended to play Josh today and they intended to replace him with Harry next week, perhaps trying harder to trade him, perhaps just cutting him. Needing the slot, or the warm body, they cut Tomlinson but said stay close. Josh came in Thursday and said I can't go this week and the doc says maybe not next week either. At this point the Pats put him on ir to release him, and kept Tomlinson.

The timing sequence says different.

1 Acquire Sanu
2 Sanu and Gordon seen at practice
3 Gordon to IR for 2019
4 A warm body can take Gordons spot today and next game if Harry isnt good to go.

Sanu allowed that Pats to basically cut Gordon in a way that isnt perceived as ruthless. Youre not going cut Meyers or Gunner

Gordon was # 2 man for targets @ 36 and # 3 man when including James White. Now Sanu takes the # 2 role

2019 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

The timing sequence says different.

1 Acquire Sanu
2 Sanu and Gordon seen at practice
3 Gordon to IR for 2019
4 A warm body can take Gordons spot today and next game if Harry isnt good to go.

Sanu allowed that Pats to basically cut Gordon in a way that isnt perceived as ruthless. Youre not going cut Meyers or Gunner

Gordon was # 2 man for targets @ 36 and # 3 man when including James White. Now Sanu takes the # 2 role

2019 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com
No this doesn't, although it is kind of silly to argue this.
They announced they were going to cut Tomlinson. It has been reported he was told to stay close by. Then a little later in the day it comes out that Gordon wouldn't be able to play this week and might or might not be able to play the following week. Then it is announced that Gordon is placed on IR and Tomlinson isn't going to be cut.

Perhaps placing him on IR is a nicer way to do it, but it doesn't look like they were going to do this until it came out he couldn't play this week.

From a timing standpoint, the restructuring of Shaq's deal was.

Cutting Bennett was realized cap savings after the Sanu transaction was completed.

TBH Lombardi annoys me.

If they release Gordon with a settlement that’s saves more money.

Not sure how much though.

If they release Gordon with a settlement that’s saves more money.

Not sure how much though.
Yea I thought I read it was $450k but I'm not sure either.

I suppose we need to look at last year's NFL stats.

Watson is an OK TE for this team.
=====

Has the patriots even gotten receptions out of the #2 TE (except from a criminal)?

Yes, we need a better #2 than an injured Izzo or LeCosse.

I'm obsessed with TE's, guilty. I think it's affecting the passing game but especially the running game without having even an average one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes