PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon: it’s a breeding ground for excellence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Addiction has little to do with intelligence. His performance and words to date are encouraging. We all hope he conquers his demons and enjoys a long and successful career and life. It is a battle he faces each day.

The irony in this post, given your avatar, is priceless.
Coming close to the end of the new book on the history of SNL.

This doesn’t shock me. This is just another example of a good player on a bad team resurging his career going to a good team/organization. Corey Dillon wasn’t exactly washed up at the time, and he had his best year as a pro going to the Pats. Ditto with Moss. And Revis in 2014.

Last edited:
Being a recovering alcoholic & addict myself, I immediately started to root for Josh the day we got him.

I truly pray he finds himself and his self-worth as a human being while he’s with us. I also hope he’s getting some tough love while he’s here
Wow, man.. I love and respect you very much.

There’s never a clear reason why we addicts self-destruct. Changing locations has never been a way out.

Those of us that do recover, came to a decision at some point. No one gets straight by hanging with different people, moving or getting a new job.

Without exception, we each came to a cross-road and decided we’ve had enough and then got help. The lucky few just made a decision and don’t require help
Agreed,

I have a close friend dealing with a drinking/legal problem. I am trying, and according to him, helping him sort it out.

He says he wants to move away.
I told him, "where ever you go, there you are".

He needs to face them head on, and not "run away" from them.

I’m glad he has found something bigger than himself to buy into. This is a big step forward and it seems to be embracing him on the reciprocal. I wonder what this will mean to him in contractual consideration.

OK...I admit it. I'm an addict. I TRY to stop breathing but my body rebels..it wants that AIR...it NEEDS that air.You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want that air, you need that air too....face it, we're all bozos on thi:D:confused::eek:s bus

OK...I admit it. I'm an addict. I TRY to stop breathing but my body rebels..it wants that AIR...it NEEDS that air.You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want that air, you need that air too....face it, we're all bozos on thi:D:confused::eek:s bus

Cleveland was a breeding ground, too, although one of a different kind.

"One drink is to many a thousand is never enough", sobriety can be difficult, but easier if you are in a supportive environment..

As opposed to Cleveland, which is a "breeding ground for pestilence".

That’s why he was taking dope. Dawg pound without even the humane euthanasia chamber, no tall enough sure bet buildings, if you throw yourself in the river, you’ll float away on a bunch of garbage. Dopes all there is as an alternative

Josh Gordon credits his teammates for helping him catch up

Loved seeing this:

Gordon said “You know, it’s a breeding ground for excellence. You can’t do anything but get involved and help become a part of it, really.”
I loved this when I first saw it, and posted it, not only because it was Josh Gordon, which is of course a big part of it. I love the way Gordon has stepped up and made the most of joining the Patriots, at least so far. I also love how the fans on the board have done the same and are rooting for him as a person first, not just as a player on our team.

But there's more to the "breeding ground for excellence" quote. I think it's why borderline JAGs like Nink, journeymen like Van Noy, Vrabel, et al, come to the Pats and grow into outstanding NFL players. It's why veterans across the league want to play here. It's why other teams pay highly for players like Hicks that come for a year and then move on for better contracts. And most of all, it's why the Patriots have a permanent reservation in the AFCCG.

So worst case BB traded a 5th for a 1st and 7th plus a year of Josh Gordon catching passes from Tom Brady. :cool:
This so needs multiple emoticons: winner, useful, like, funny. Can only pick one so I went with funny. But you are correct, and it is quintessential Belichick.

Also, fixed it for you. You'd overlooked this season. So far that Brady-Gordon connection is looking okay too.

This so needs multiple emoticons: winner, useful, like, funny. Can only pick one so I went with funny. But you are correct, and it is quintessential Belichick.

Also, fixed it for you. You'd overlooked this season. So far that Brady-Gordon connection is looking okay too.

I actually considered adding "and a Lombardi Trophy", but didn't want to jinx things.

Don't mean to belittle the thread, but when I saw the title before reading the posts therein, this is the first thing that came to (my juvenile) mind:

The NEP: the Ricky Bobby of the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference