PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell plans to be @ Gillette season opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think rather than spend a lot of $$ on signs or shirts yourself, it should be a "get out the vote" type message - put it out there on the Internet that everyone should wear a clown shirt or bring a home-made sign "welcoming" Roger to the stadium. A lot of people will be into it. Rather than purchasing the shirts yourself, let others know where they can buy them, or try to get Barstool Sports or somebody to sponsor them and give them out. They could put their logo on the shirts and they'd be advertising, which they can write off as a business expense.
This grass roots approach is much better than the central-planning tack that most of the thread has been focussed on.

I'm not feeling it.

Noses, clown shirts, all of it will be turned against us by the haters (media & rest of the country). They will turn this into something like our being spoiled needing to have our cake (Lombardi) and devour it too (Goodell).

We need something better - I don't know what it is but with all football world watching, there is an opportunity here to help them to understand what really happened. At the very least, some kind of vindication for the way the Brady name has been tarnished is in order.

There has to be a better way to communicate here.

It has to be a bunch of little boys that's talking about the clown stuff, right?

Boo him, wear a nose, wear a shirt, make a sign, hold a card - whatever. Deflategate is over. Nobody cares, and nobody cares that we care. Nobody's mind will be changed. Hopefully one day Kraft can stick a knife in Goodell's back - but until that day (and it probably won't happen), winning is the best revenge. Win, win and then win some more. Win until their eyes spin. Everyone hates us, so us winning over and over drives everyone nuts. Brady's legacy is fine, and we have no ability to add or detract from it.

I'm not feeling it.

Noses, clown shirts, all of it will be turned against us by the haters (media & rest of the country). They will turn this into something like our being spoiled needing to have our cake (Lombardi) and devour it too (Goodell).

We need something better - I don't know what it is but with all football world watching, there is an opportunity here to help them to understand what really happened. At the very least, some kind of vindication for the way the Brady name has been tarnished is in order.

Like what?

We're not going to get a "Robert Parish punches Bill Laimbeer for tackling Bird" moment of retribution against Goodell. Robert Kraft failed us. The US Court system (predictably) failed us. The media isn't in the business of exposing injustices, if anything, it creates and/or perpetuates them.

We won the Superbowl and we get to boo Goodell when he shows up at Foxboro. That's all we're getting as far as payback. Anything else we can legally do as fans is just sticking needles in a Haitian voodoo doll- it doesn't do anything except make you feel better.

I'm not feeling it.

You live in a dream world. People ignored science for years just to call us cheaters there is nothing out there that will change those people's minds because they already don't believe themselves when they say it. but if you can come up with a single image that speaks louder than the clown shirt please let us know.

Ever been so mad but in a situation where your still yelling and screaming even as you walk off from the situation? I think this is sort of like that. Punishments are done our vindication was had but there is still some leftover frustration and this is our chance to collectively yell FU. I think clown shirts are the perfect display.

You live in a dream world. People ignored science for years just to call us cheaters there is nothing out there that will change those people's minds because they already don't believe themselves when they say it. but if you can come up with a single image that speaks louder than the clown shirt please let us know.

Ever been so mad but in a situation where your still yelling and screaming even as you walk off from the situation? I think this is sort of like that. Punishments are done our vindication was had but there is still some leftover frustration and this is our chance to collectively yell FU. I think clown shirts are the perfect display.

For lack of anything better to date -- I guess it's clown shirt or bust, with one more thing:

For lack of anything better to date -- I guess it's clown shirt or bust, with one more thing:

I could get on board with a 6 shirt. Let the world now we still hungry. And reminds them we are ****y massholes but a little off topic of sending a message to Goodell on his first return but I guess the message could be in moving on and not wasting more energy on a waste of space.

This grass roots approach is much better than the central-planning tack that most of the thread has been focussed on.

We need to get the word out to as many fans as we can. Many of those coming to the game will have their own signs.

We also want to be careful not to take away from the real reason we are there, which is to celebrate the Pats SB win.

And as always, we need to realize that Goodell is just the fall guy for the owners in the Brady witch hunt.

Is this idea dead, or what? I can't make it happen by myself, but I'm certainly willing to do some of the work.

Let's Go!!!!

Like what?

We're not going to get a "Robert Parish punches Bill Laimbeer for tackling Bird" moment of retribution against Goodell. Robert Kraft failed us. The US Court system (predictably) failed us. The media isn't in the business of exposing injustices, if anything, it creates and/or perpetuates them.

We won the Superbowl and we get to boo Goodell when he shows up at Foxboro. That's all we're getting as far as payback. Anything else we can legally do as fans is just sticking needles in a Haitian voodoo doll- it doesn't do anything except make you feel better.

I kinda agree with fgssand. The clown nose shirt, while beautiful in its simplicity, lacks the scientific gravitas behind our argument. I think I'd prefer the ideal gas law equation (PV=nRT) on top of Goodell in clown nose. The gas law proves, the worst violation that could have been committed in that bathroom was bringing down the football pressure for the maximum allowable range (13.5) to the minimum allowable range (12.5).

I kinda agree with fgssand. The clown nose shirt, while beautiful in its simplicity, lacks the scientific gravitas behind our argument. I think I'd prefer the ideal gas law equation (PV=nRT) on top of Goodell in clown nose. The gas law proves, the worst violation that could have been committed in that bathroom was bringing down the football pressure for the maximum allowable range (13.5) to the minimum allowable range (12.5).

And the average numbn*ts rival fan watching is going to get that? Those ignoramuses still think "spygate" was about taping the Ram's practices before the Superbowl (of course, it doesn't help when we have ESPN constantly repeating this lie with impunity).

The clown shirt is perfect, IMO.

We already "know" that it upsets Goodell personally (at least when Patricia wears it) and the color is distinct and different enough from Pats colors that, once they show the close up so people know what it is, it'll be obvious that huge portions of the crowd are wearing them.

Is this idea dead, or what? I can't make it happen by myself, but I'm certainly willing to do some of the work.

Let's Go!!!!

For those of us that want to follow through with this, what's our first step? Do you think we actually could raise $150,000 or so through gofundme to purchase 60,000 shirts? Do we try to get barstool involved to see if they'll use this as marketing/revenge and help with costs?(maybe put their logo on the back, if they'll help) I'm not sure where to start, but I'd like to do it. Any ideas?

Aftr giving it some thought.

I like the clownshirt idea, but perhaps we need it with a twist. Let's have a shirt for each perpetrator of deflategate. Goodell can stand for NFL League office (no need to include Pash, Kensil, ... as they aren't well known by most). Let's add Harbaugh, Polian. Jerry Jones, Mara, et at so they know we know they are in on it. Heck you could even have Kravitz and Mort if you like.

Or even get a total of 12 people with the last being Bob Kraft and put on the back 11 of 12 people created deflategate. Just for clarity, only 1 person appears on a shirt so you'd need all 12 shirt to make the message on the back mean something,

OR

Stick will just Goodell, but make a top list of his lies during deflategate on the back. Perhaps it will get the conversation going again and make people revisit the issues with a critical eye (think I like this idea better as it provides more punch)

Last edited:
I got my clown shirt last week. I'm ready for Roj. Bring it.

For those of us that want to follow through with this, what's our first step? Do you think we actually could raise $150,000 or so through gofundme to purchase 60,000 shirts? Do we try to get barstool involved to see if they'll use this as marketing/revenge and help with costs?(maybe put their logo on the back, if they'll help) I'm not sure where to start, but I'd like to do it. Any ideas?
All very good questions. There are certainly enough pats fans around the world to make $150,000 a pretty small amount to raise. Getting the message out and convincing people to give is another story.
I would think barstool would work with a group to make this happen, but again, how much help and whether they'd be convinced we can follow through is another story.
In order to pull it off, we'd probably need official backing by patsfans or some other known entity that people would trust is going to actually pull it off. @Ian mentioned in this thread something about having ideas and whatnot, but no specifics and, so far, no follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3