PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell Factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have got to be kidding.

Not kidding at all, but as I said i didnt read every post, so it could be a case of me not seeing it as well as a case of you misunderstanding the difference between ripping an opinion and ripping a person.
If you wish to direct me to post you think i missed, i will read them and comment.

The Patriots removed the cameraman and didn't report to the NFL. Then Goodell put out the memo. Then the Jets reported the Patriots to the NFL. They could have just removed him but Mangini is a slimeball. Goodell could have done nothing or very little but he's a Jet fanboy slimeball. But what does that mean? Goodell is a crappy commissioner who loves the Jets? We all know that, and when he gets a chance to help his team he probably will but that merely establishes motive. What is the mechanism for influencing games? Does he tell the refs to help the Jets? Does he change the rules? He doesn't have the power to do those things and if he did he would be opposed by the 31 other teams who don't want the Jets to win.

It's a small point, but the order of these is reversed. The "infamous" memo came out on the eve of the 2006 season. That season, there were camera man related incidents with both the Jets and Patriots, but no action was taken by the NFL. We don't know if the league privately warned both teams to stop what they were doing or face real sanctions. No one has ever mentioned something like that occurring, though, which you think the league would have mentioned when handing down the punishment.

Something that I've never seen addressed is how the NFL enforces it's rules. We know that the Jets alerted the NFL about the Patriots camera man before the '07 opener, which is why NFL security was on hand that day. But what if they weren't? Does it get handled the same way as the Jets camera man being removed from Gillette the year before?

IMHO, Denver-Seatlle would have much lower rating that NE-SF.

IMHO, Denver-Seatlle would have much lower rating that NE-SF.

And the storyline would be, Brady could beat his childhood team to win his 4th Super Bowl while settings the record for 6 SB appearances and possibly the same # of SB's won by the current goat.

It's a small point, but the order of these is reversed. The "infamous" memo came out on the eve of the 2006 season. That season, there were camera man related incidents with both the Jets and Patriots, but no action was taken by the NFL. We don't know if the league privately warned both teams to stop what they were doing or face real sanctions. No one has ever mentioned something like that occurring, though, which you think the league would have mentioned when handing down the punishment.

Something that I've never seen addressed is how the NFL enforces it's rules. We know that the Jets alerted the NFL about the Patriots camera man before the '07 opener, which is why NFL security was on hand that day. But what if they weren't? Does it get handled the same way as the Jets camera man being removed from Gillette the year before?

Unless I'm mistaken the Pats removed the Jets cameraman at their last meeting which was in November of 2006 at Gilette. Then, as you said the memo came out after that season. The next meeting was was week 2 of 2007 at the Jets where the Jets made a federal case from the Pats doing exactly what the Jets had done at their last game.

Unless I'm mistaken the Pats removed the Jets cameraman at their last meeting which was in November of 2006 at Gilette. Then, as you said the memo came out after that season. The next meeting was was week 2 of 2007 at the Jets where the Jets made a federal case from the Pats doing exactly what the Jets had done at their last game.

The memo came out just before the 2006 season (9/6/06 per this Reiss article). I haven't seen anywhere that it was sent out again before the 2007 season.

My only point in bringing this up is that there were violations of these guidelines during the 2006 season, which were, as far as we know, ignored. The next season, they are treated as a crime against humanity.

This is the EXACT argument people use when they say the Patriots only won their Super Bowls because of Spygate.

huh? it is? there are spygate allegations and spygate tapes prior to 2006? Show us.I'll wait. Oh, and BTW, just for the record for everyone else here, are you a Patriot fan? Now remember, there is an ARCHIVE here at Pats fans, as there is at Gang Green. You do realize that word for word posts at both sites would clearly indicate the SAME PERSON making those posts. Agreed? So tell everyone here what team you are a fan of...and then we'll see if recorded post history matches up.

You love calling other members here disparaging names...pretty odd when the rest of the Patriot fanbase here get heated on topics day in and out yet don't use the snarky putdown insults that YOU use in every one of your posts. It's as if you HATE Patriot fans, and that every opinion of yours about the Patriots is the right one and anyone who disagrees is, in your own words...

"trying to understand what you're saying but I am having trouble deciphering through all the whining",
"Now now, no need to get pissy just because I'm humiliating you.",
"Little boy, you need to relax.",
" a Patriots fan acts like whiny little self entitled spoiled Steelers fan ",
" Because you know how foolish you look."

any regulars here that frequent JI and Gang Green recognize this syntax, the sarcastic putdown tones and oozing hatred . Personally, in 50 years of being a Patriot fan I have NEVER met a Patriot fan that exhibits this type of vitriolic hatred toward another Pats fan.

This is the EXACT argument people use when they say the Patriots only won their Super Bowls because of Spygate.

When the Patriots won their Super Bowls there was NO argument. What part of this eludes you? The Patriots HAVEN'T won a Super Bowl since Goodell took office. The argument is the exact opposite of what you propose. Why would he not want the Patriots to win?...easy...they are already recognized as the pre-eminent franchise over the last 12 years. They are an entity that doesn't need the commissioner's wanting for any reason on any level, in fact, what the commissioner WANTS is a parity league where the champion changes from year to year and every NFL franchise gets a shot at the ring. The Patriots are a gigantic roadblock to his aims in that they are a threat to win it every year. Sean O'Hara's choke hold on Richard Seymour from behind, with referee Mike Carey ,hand on flag suddenly deciding..."oh wait, I see a 100% must call hold but I won't call it"..he did that just..well, as you would have everyone believe...just because. The Patriots win that Super Bowl and Goodell's grand schemes are in the toilet. That Giants win PROVED the agenda Goodell was brought in to implement...the parity agenda...HIS agenda. The Patriots organization the last 12 years has proved THEY are anything BUT on par with the other 31 teams. THAT is why Goodell does NOT need New England to ever win another Super Bowl. What he has managed to fabricate is the "Evil Empire" antihero image and firmly ensconced the New England Patriots in THAT role, now matter what the season or the opponent. It's a formula that has served Vince McMahon and the WWE very well for the past 40 years.

tumblr_mb2qi3yjCx1qhjscxo1_400.gif

Wow! I never thought this thread would take on a life of it's own.

I am heading to the game tomorrow and will be cheering for the Pats amongst a hostile sea of orange. I am hoping for a good clean game with very few yellow flags. Hopefully they let them play this time around. I guess seeing that TERRIBLE call on Asante back in 2006 in person still gives me nightmares.

It would be a huge upset if the Pats can pull this off.

Go Pats!

And yes anyone here in Colorado can enjoy a legal Rocky Mountain High.

The memo came out just before the 2006 season (9/6/06 per this Reiss article). I haven't seen anywhere that it was sent out again before the 2007 season.

My only point in bringing this up is that there were violations of these guidelines during the 2006 season, which were, as far as we know, ignored. The next season, they are treated as a crime against humanity.

Well, I was wrong I thought it was before the 2007 season. Crazy they did nothing to the Jets. Crazy, but not surprising.

Wow! I never thought this thread would take on a life of it's own.

I am heading to the game tomorrow and will be cheering for the Pats amongst a hostile sea of orange. I am hoping for a good clean game with very few yellow flags. Hopefully they let them play this time around. I guess seeing that TERRIBLE call on Asante back in 2006 in person still gives me nightmares.

It would be a huge upset if the Pats can pull this off.

Go Pats!

And yes anyone here in Colorado can enjoy a legal Rocky Mountain High.

Good luck and stay safe. Sixty thousand plus Rocky Mountain mongoloids in one place is a recipe for catastrophe.

I do not think there is any conspiracy at least not by the NFL, I thought the rain storm that started when we took the ball over and stopped right when Brady was intercepted by Jones in week 5 against the Bengals was more suspect than the refs blowing calls.

So you're saying that Goodell has a weather machine.:)

OK, maybe not Goodell. Maybe Papa John wants Peyton (Hence the 58 degree "winter")

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back