PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell Factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, at the risk of being redundant, I'll respond with some FACTS that the Goodell apologists always ignore with their fingers in their ears.
Wow. This could be the creepiest post I've ever seen in this forum. That guy from Better Off Dead was less obsessed with Beth than you are with Goodell.

beth01.jpg

Sure thing, bro. The Patriots are the only team that ever has bad calls made against them. Every single other game in the league was perfectly officiated this year. :rolleyes:

When did this forum morph into the Steeler Country forum?

I'm not your bro thank god.

You like starwmen arguments I see. Where does it say the Patriots are the only team with bad calls? You totally twist arguments to make yourself feel better. There's a reason why the entire football world was up in arms at the Carolina game. Because refs don't throw flags and then pick them up afterward with some explanation that directly contradicts the NFL head of refs. That happened, as much as you try to deny it.

The Jets flag? Even Jets fan Stephen A. Smith called it an act of robbery. Bizarre. You see bad calls every week. You can go 50 years and NEVER ever see a new rule decide the game in overtime, a rule that could have been applied multiple times during the season, multiple times during that very game, a rule that was explained to team in August training camp (by the head of refs) differently than the way it was enforced.

You're taking two extreme situations and comparing them to bad calls. What a strawman argument. how pathetically ridiculous that is.

Here's a question the rigged conspiracy theorists never answer:

If you're so sure the game is rigged, why are you watching?

To watch the Patriots overcome Goodell's minions.

Wow. This could be the creepiest post I've ever seen in this forum. That guy from Better Off Dead was less obsessed with Beth than you are with Goodell.

beth01.jpg

Again, you're dismissing the fact that there is actual evidence of favoritism. I just posted one link to Absurdly Metro. There was also the Ray Anderson case as well.

You like starwmen arguments I see. Where does it say the Patriots are the only team with bad calls? You totally twist arguments to make yourself feel better. There's a reason why the entire football world was up in arms at the Carolina game. Because refs don't throw flags and then pick them up afterward with some explanation that directly contradicts the NFL head of refs. That happened, as much as you try to deny it.

The Jets flag? Even Jets fan Stephen A. Smith called it an act of robbery. Bizarre. You see bad calls every week. You can go 50 years and NEVER ever see a new rule decide the game in overtime, a rule that could have been applied multiple times during the season, multiple times during that very game, a rule that was explained to team in August training camp (by the head of refs) differently than the way it was enforced.

You're taking two extreme situations and comparing them to bad calls. What a strawman argument. how pathetically ridiculous that is.
The only ridiculous argument here is the one you are lamely trying to make.

Yeah, those were bad calls. I am not disputing that. But you're trying to imply the league is rigged against the Patriots and you're using those bad calls as evidence. So the fact that every single team in the league suffers bad calls pretty much destroys the weak ass point you are making.

If any team has been "robbed" this year it is the Steelers. 2 of the worst calls we've seen this season kept them out of the playoffs entirely.

Again, you're dismissing the fact that there is actual evidence of favoritism. I just posted one link to Absurdly Metro. There was also the Ray Anderson case as well.
Yeah. Sure. The Jets have really lit the league on fire thanks to all the preferential treatment they get from Goodell. :rolleyes:

Please stop posting here and go join the Steelers or Ravens forum. Your whining is much more well placed in those forums.

To watch the Patriots overcome Goodell's minions.
No offense, but that is a ridiculously idiotic statement.

"I think the league is rigged, but I am going to watch anyway!"

If the league really was rigged, it would have been mind-numbingly easy to make the Patriots a 8-8 team. Simple fact of the matter is they had 6 victories which could easily have gone the other way with a well timed flag.

Seriously, bro. Go to the Steelers forum. You'll fit in there.

OK, at the risk of being redundant, I'll respond with some FACTS that the Goodell apologists always ignore with their fingers in their ears.

Fact #1...I have in my possession a dozen responses to a query I sent out to members of Roger Goodell's senior high school class. The respondents, 8 men and 4 women answered one of the specific questions I put forth as to Goodell's NFL rooting interest. He was a huge Jet fan who took members of his high school team to numerous Jet home games when he was a senior. Goodell has claimed , AFTER he became commissioner and AFTER he created Spygate, that he was a Washington Redskins fan, and used his father's senatorship as his alibi. It's a total, complete fabrication on his part. WHY???

The Thursday before the Jets/NE game that advented "Spygate", Mangini signed into NFL Offices, where the commissioner's office is, at 3:30 PM on Thursday. I HAVE a copy of the sign-in sheet at the security desk obtained by request in person in 2007.The records have since disappeared/been destroyed. I'm one of a number of people who have copies.What does it prove? Nothing. It DOES Raise the obvious question...WHY was Mangini there? Who did he see? What was discussed? I say a federal grand jury should ASK him under oath, but for that to happen, an investigation into the actions of Roger Goodell since 2006 would have to be started. I believe he's involved in a RICO violation involving the owners,major advertising consortiums and the two major sports networks ,ESPN and NFLN.

In 2007, ESPN reported and Wikipedia documented Roger Goodell's work history. Both documents stated explicitly that Roger Goodell started as an intern with the NY Jets and THEN, with the backing of Leon Hess and after numerous failed attempts, was hired by the NFL. This was well known in 2007 and was discussed across the internet on a plethora of outlets. In 2008, suddenly, ESPN began reporting that Goodell worked FIRST for the NFL, then went to work for the Jets for a year and then went back to the NFL. The Wikipedia page also was edited to show THIS work timeline.Pretty odd if one takes even a few minutes to think about this. First off, who in the history of ANYTHING has ever done anything like this...I work for the NFL but no, I work for the Jets an then I work for the NFL again...what he fails to admit is that he had a THREE MONTH INTERNSHIP in the NFL offices from which he springboarded to the Jets and a FULLTIME job..it's a flimsy , preposterous put on dreamt up by the son of a life long NY SENATOR, a rich kid bully NY high school jock who's powerful daddy could have gotten him into ANY Ivy League school in the east,yet Roger Goodellstein ends up Washington&Jefferson College in Pennsylvania where he got a degree in business. Here's an excerpt from a linked article...

Goodell, Roger | Washington & Jefferson College

"As he looks back over his 24-year journey through the National Football League, Goodell attributes much of his success to Washington & Jefferson College . “The first day in Professor Salbach’s economics class he said there would be two hours of homework for each class period. I thought I’d never make it.” However, Goodell stuck with it and found that the challenge was enjoyable. “My education at W&J taught me how to learn, how to communicate, and how to work with others—the three most important skills in any job,” he says."

I have to say this about Patsfans...for the most part , there are a host of regular posters and contributors with , to me, OBVIOUS formidable intellectual capacities. We have professionals from all walks of life that argue back and forth here. We have medical professionals, lawyers, businessmen, statiticians with masters degrees...on and on..as well as the normal Joe Pats fans that all join in the day to day goings on. Now I ask all of you, the person leading a multibillion dollar a year enterprise such as the NFL shoulkd possess a number of attributes and qualifications wouldn't you think? Yet here we all are, captive to the ministrations of some rich kid, entitled clown sporting a generic business degree from a Pennsylvania college....right, I'm buying in 100% alright. A C minus GPA after four grueling years? Move him right into the commissioner's office at
National Football League, 345 Park Avenue, New York, NY I say!! Why fool around with any other candidates?

Last season he orchestrated the Ray Lewis Farewell Super Bowl...this year it's the Peyton Manning Deification Tour....oh I can't take it!!! Will Peytie come back for ONE more year after he "wins" THIS Super Bowl. Stay tuned....

Yeah, he totally rigged the Super Bowl for the Ravens to win. That's why Ray Rice got 24 yards on 4th and 23 against San Diego. That's why he instructed Peyton Manning to add another 1-and-done to his glowing resume, Bill Belichick to forget Shane Vereen exists, Aaron Hernandez to be too busy thinking about the 8-ball he was going to snort in the bathroom to step out of bounds before the half. The reason the Patriots got leveled in the AFC title game last year wasn't because the other team was a better team - it can't be! It was because of some obscure evil - Sauron's eye pointing over the Razor from the wastelands of New York City. Yeah, that makes more sense.

As for the stuff about having sign in sheets that prove Mangini and the Illuminati were plotting to screw the Patriots... okay then. I don't see why you even bother to watch the NFL if you feel that way. I know I wouldn't.

The Patriots got a SERIES of ugly calls versus Cleveland (non-existent personal foul that pushed the ball up 15 yards for the kickoff, then the DPI). And yes Solder absolutely had enough jersey that if the referees were paying attention/the game wasn't in NE that he should have been called for holding on the touchdown to KT. I get that through your lens, any call on the Patriots is bogus and any call on the opposition gets justified. But this conspiracy crap is just dumb. Take away the refs and the Patriots never win their first SB.

Fact #1...I have in my possession a dozen responses to a query I sent out to members of Roger Goodell's senior high school class. The respondents, 8 men and 4 women answered one of the specific questions I put forth as to Goodell's NFL rooting interest. He was a huge Jet fan who took members of his high school team to numerous Jet home games when he was a senior. Goodell has claimed , AFTER he became commissioner and AFTER he created Spygate, that he was a Washington Redskins fan, and used his father's senatorship as his alibi. It's a total, complete fabrication on his part. WHY???

The Thursday before the Jets/NE game that advented "Spygate", Mangini signed into NFL Offices, where the commissioner's office is, at 3:30 PM on Thursday. I HAVE a copy of the sign-in sheet at the security desk obtained by request in person in 2007.The records have since disappeared/been destroyed. I'm one of a number of people who have copies.What does it prove? Nothing. It DOES Raise the obvious question...WHY was Mangini there? Who did he see? What was discussed? I say a federal grand jury should ASK him under oath, but for that to happen, an investigation into the actions of Roger Goodell since 2006 would have to be started. I believe he's involved in a RICO violation involving the owners,major advertising consortiums and the two major sports networks ,ESPN and NFLN.

In 2007, ESPN reported and Wikipedia documented Roger Goodell's work history. Both documents stated explicitly that Roger Goodell started as an intern with the NY Jets and THEN, with the backing of Leon Hess and after numerous failed attempts, was hired by the NFL. This was well known in 2007 and was discussed across the internet on a plethora of outlets. In 2008, suddenly, ESPN began reporting that Goodell worked FIRST for the NFL, then went to work for the Jets for a year and then went back to the NFL. The Wikipedia page also was edited to show THIS work timeline.Pretty odd if one takes even a few minutes to think about this. First off, who in the history of ANYTHING has ever done anything like this...I work for the NFL but no, I work for the Jets an then I work for the NFL again...what he fails to admit is that he had a THREE MONTH INTERNSHIP in the NFL offices from which he springboarded to the Jets and a FULLTIME job..it's a flimsy , preposterous put on dreamt up by the son of a life long NY SENATOR, a rich kid bully NY high school jock who's powerful daddy could have gotten him into ANY Ivy League school in the east,yet Roger Goodellstein ends up Washington&Jefferson College in Pennsylvania where he got a degree in business. Here's an excerpt from a linked article...

Goodell, Roger | Washington & Jefferson College

"As he looks back over his 24-year journey through the National Football League, Goodell attributes much of his success to Washington & Jefferson College . “The first day in Professor Salbach’s economics class he said there would be two hours of homework for each class period. I thought I’d never make it.” However, Goodell stuck with it and found that the challenge was enjoyable. “My education at W&J taught me how to learn, how to communicate, and how to work with others—the three most important skills in any job,” he says."

I have to say this about Patsfans...for the most part , there are a host of regular posters and contributors with , to me, OBVIOUS formidable intellectual capacities. We have professionals from all walks of life that argue back and forth here. We have medical professionals, lawyers, businessmen, statiticians with masters degrees...on and on..as well as the normal Joe Pats fans that all join in the day to day goings on. Now I ask all of you, the person leading a multibillion dollar a year enterprise such as the NFL shoulkd possess a number of attributes and qualifications wouldn't you think? Yet here we all are, captive to the ministrations of some rich kid, entitled clown sporting a generic business degree from a Pennsylvania college....right, I'm buying in 100% alright. A C minus GPA after four grueling years? Move him right into the commissioner's office at
National Football League, 345 Park Avenue, New York, NY I say!! Why fool around with any other candidates?

Last season he orchestrated the Ray Lewis Farewell Super Bowl...this year it's the Peyton Manning Deification Tour....oh I can't take it!!! Will Peytie come back for ONE more year after he "wins" THIS Super Bowl. Stay tuned....

Thank you for re-posting this info. I'm pretty new here and I hadn't seen it before.

I remember that Goodell started his NFL career with the Jets because I used to give grief to Jets fans for it when he popped into the Commish's seat. But, when I was arguing with a Jets fan about it not too long ago and I went to Wiki to show him he was wrong, I got the misinformation instead. It worked too because I started to doubt my own time line.

It must piss Goody off to see us one game away from playing in the SB in his favorite stadium. It wouldn't be the first time we disappointed a Jets fan.

The Patriots got a SERIES of ugly calls versus Cleveland (non-existent personal foul that pushed the ball up 15 yards for the kickoff, then the DPI). And yes Solder absolutely had enough jersey that if the referees were paying attention/the game wasn't in NE that he should have been called for holding on the touchdown to KT. I get that through your lens, any call on the Patriots is bogus and any call on the opposition gets justified. But this conspiracy crap is just dumb. Take away the refs and the Patriots never win their first SB.

If you don't understand why your argument about holds and such is totally lame compared to the discussion others are having here, there is absolutely no helping you in this.

No offense, but that is a ridiculously idiotic statement.

"I think the league is rigged, but I am going to watch anyway!"

If the league really was rigged, it would have been mind-numbingly easy to make the Patriots a 8-8 team. Simple fact of the matter is they had 6 victories which could easily have gone the other way with a well timed flag.

Seriously, bro. Go to the Steelers forum. You'll fit in there.

You are pretty humorless. My god.

People watch the NBA, and they know it's rigged. A lot is rigged. The competition committee directly oversees the refs. They know how their bread is buttered. In college football, you have refs directly working for conferences, and everyone knows it's rigged, they still watch. When the Patriots won the 2004 CG, Tedy Bruschi had a few choice words for how the competition committee came out and changed the rules to hurt the Patriots. What in the world do you think he was speaking to?

Again--tell me about the Jets taping the Patriots at Foxboro, and how the NFL lied. Do you have an answer for why the NFL did that? I bet you don't. Just answer that question. Just once.

These posts really have place on the main board.

I appreciate that there are folks that believe that all sports are rigged. After all, there are folks that think that we didn't land on the moon. Hats with silver lining have sold well for almost a hundred years.

PROPOSAL
A sub-board should be formed where you guys can talk among yourselves.

People watch the NBA, and they know it's rigged. A lot is rigged. The competition committee directly oversees the refs. They know how their bread is buttered. In college football, you have refs directly working for conferences, and everyone knows it's rigged, they still watch. When the Patriots won the 2004 CG, Tedy Bruschi had a few choice words for how the competition committee came out and changed the rules to hurt the Patriots. What in the world do you think he was speaking to?

Again--tell me about the Jets taping the Patriots at Foxboro, and how the NFL lied. Do you have an answer for why the NFL did that? I bet you don't. Just answer that question. Just once.

I hate to be another Debbie Downer here but does anyone really think the Pats have a chance to win a close game? They will need to blow the Donks out of their own building in order to win this game. There is no way the league will allow the Pats to win if they can help it.

I don't buy the idea that the league is going to fix the game and i think it is actually the Bronco's who have everything to worry about if the game comes down to the last few minutes, which it most likely will.

1) It is the Patriots who have been playing in and winning the nailbiters all season long, and that kind of season experience pays off when it comes to the close play-off games as it is a been there done that scenario for their players, whereas the Bronco's have been coasting to wins all season long and really haven't learned how to play when the game is on the line.

2) Brady-He is as good as they get with a game on the line and has been there many times, if it comes down to the Patriots trailing within a touchdown at the end of the game i will take Brady against Denver's D every time.

3) The last meeting-The Patriots came back from 24 down and beat them when it came down to it. All the pressure is on the Bronco's and they know it, and they know the Patriots cqan come back and beat them.

4) THE PRESSURE-No matter what they say Manning's legacy is at stake and the bronco's have been the prohibitive favorite to win it all since the beginning of the season. manning has never been strong in these situations and a pick 6 to end it all would be completely in character.

5) The Lead-If it is the Patriots leading with a few minutes to go and they have the ball then they have the power run game to completely close out the bronco's, and they know it and the Bronco's know it. Blount, Blount, Blount to end the game and go to the show.

These posts really have place on the main board.

I appreciate that there are folks that believe that all sports are rigged. After all, there are folks that think that we didn't land on the moon. Hats with silver lining have sold well for almost a hundred years.

PROPOSAL
A sub-board should be formed where you guys can talk among yourselves.

I gave actual evidence of it happening, but the doubters still won't even look at it.

The reason the Patriots got leveled in the AFC title game last year wasn't because As for the stuff about having sign in sheets that prove Mangini and the Illuminati were plotting to screw the Patriots... okay then. I don't see why you even bother to watch the NFL if you feel that way. I know I wouldn't.
+1 The only thing more ridiculous than someone who thinks the league is rigged is someone who thinks the league is rigged but follows the league anyway.

The fact that that is your best evidence pretty thoroughly makes your entire argument look ridiculous.

Seriously, bro. Ravens forum is a great place for nut job conspiracy theorists. Patriots fans are above that. Just out of curiosity, was the league rigged when the Pats won 3 Super Bowls? Or is it only rigged when we lose?

The fact that that is your best evidence pretty thoroughly makes your entire argument look ridiculous.

Seriously, bro. Ravens forum is a great place for nut job conspiracy theorists. Patriots fans are above that.

As expected, you whiffed. When presented with a clear double standard, you can't explain it. I knew you were going to do that.

As expected, you whiffed. When presented with a clear double standard, you can't explain it. I knew you were going to do that.

What evidence? Coach Belichick got fined for filming out of location. Filming games in itself doesn't violate any NFL rules - every team films EZ to EZ. Where in that article you linked is there evidence that the Jets were filming from improper locations? That is your conjecture.

I could say I have evidence that I bedded Jessica Alba. Doesn't make it true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back