PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell caught lying yet again, and this time it may cost Kraft bigtime $$$

"Part of the evidence includes a phone call from 2013 between Kroenke, Goodell, Mara, and Steelers owner Art Rooney (it’s unclear based on Karraker’s tweets whether Rooney is required to surrender his financial information at this point). During the conversation, Kroenke said, “I’m going to buy two parcels of land and build a stadium in L.A.,” and that he’s trying very hard to stay under the radar screen and keep it hidden. Goodell said, “We will respect your confidentiality.”

Did someone record that phone call? How was it released?

I didn't see Kraft referenced except that he was one of the few owners that will need to reveal information regarding his worth. I haven't been following this story closely, has Kraft been publicly linked to this outside of him being a NFL owner?

Last edited:
No. But he's doing what the owners tell him to do. You are blaming the lackey.

He does NOTHING without the owners' sayso.

Goodell has more latitude and autonomy than you think, don't kid yourself.

Not disagreeing. But my point is we should be more focused on the owners. What they're doing has the real consequences.
The point is that, in the context of the article and the followup, your argument doesn't hold water.

I'll take a look at the billionaires later...right now I want this lying from birth POS egomad MORON fired and INDICTED in federal court for a litany of RICO violations during his abysmal, atrocious, aggravating and azzholish tenure.Goodell is a lying scumbag...about his education, about his work history, about the original Spygate, about phonegate, about upholding "the integrita!" of the game and just about every other thing he's ****ed up in his tenure. He's a 44 million dollar a year PUNK LIAR laughing down his moronic nose at you, me, our children and everybody else who watches this great national sport..

Goodell has more latitude and autonomy than you think, don't kid yourself.
The only latitude and autonomy Goodell has is that which the owners gave him. And they can take it away anytime they damn well feel like.

The Nuremberg defense…except in this case disobeying orders doesn’t lead to a potential firing squad ending so the argument is even less compelling.

The owners report to their board or minority owners.

The board reports to their shareholders.

The shareholders report to their investors.

The investors report to their customers.

The customers report to their spouses and families.

Everyone does the bidding for someone else.

In the end, everyone is responsible for their deeds.

The Nuremberg defense…except in this case disobeying orders doesn’t lead to a potential firing squad ending so the argument is even less compelling.

The owners report to their board or minority owners.

The board reports to their shareholders.

The shareholders report to their investors.

The investors report to their customers.

The customers report to their spouses and families.

Everyone does the bidding for someone else.

In the end, everyone is responsible for their deeds.
Then I guess we are all to blame since we all continue to watch this damned sport.....

That goes too far. Why does everybody think I'm excusing Goodell? I'm saying we should look beyond the lackey in this case and focus on the owners.

Okay, to be clear, I am not excusing Goodell.

But acting like it was solely his decision and not a calculated ploy is unwise. I'm saying the headline should focus on his bosses.

The only latitude and autonomy Goodell has is that which the owners gave him. And they can take it away anytime they damn well feel like.

Do you honestly think the owners have Goodell on a short leash? No, he's got ample slack. They don't pay that mug ungodly money to micromanage him. What's more, as long as the billions keep rolling in they don't care as long as things "look" good.

That goes too far. Why does everybody think I'm excusing Goodell? I'm saying we should look beyond the lackey in this case and focus on the owners.

But acting like it was solely his decision and not a calculated ploy is unwise. I'm saying the headline should focus on his bosses.

He may be the representative of the owners, and therefore largely shielding them, but he’s not a lackey. He’s probably more powerful and influential than any owner individually.

Do you honestly think the owners have Goodell on a short leash? No, he's got ample slack.
I believe the owners feel great has done a good job making them money, so they have no problem delegating more authority to him since they keep getting richer and richer (which is all they care about).

But make no mistake about it: He serves at their pleasure and they can fire him tomorrow if 24 of them so choose.

They pay him a lot of money to take the focus off of them. What's even 50 million to a billionaire? 5% of your worth to get somebody who readily can take the blame? And that's just if one owner is worth only one billion. Between all the owners, 50 million is nothing but pocket change.

Out.Of.Court.Settlement.

And it'll be on the back page of the sports section once pre-season kicks off....

If I were the plaintiffs I'd take the settlement and run...the Rams are long gone...they ain't coming back, but a check could come quicker and be the biggest one you are gonna get....

Who said it was solely his decision for the Rams to move?

And, yes, you were excusing Goodell:

Goodell does what he's paid to do. Right now, you are doing EXACTLY what the owners are hoping you'll do. Blame Goodell instead of them.

His guilt is that he was caught doing what the owners told him.

Clearly, we operate by different definitions. And that's okay. If you want to continue believing that's what I stated, go right ahead, I can't stop you.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back