PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good to NOT be undefeated at this point?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you rather be undefeated at this point right now?

• Of course, at 12-0, 19-0 would be realistic

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • no, I'm fine with how it's playing out currently at 10-2

Votes: 30 63.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No loss is a good loss.
Of course being 12-0 is better than being 10-2. How could it not?

I voted yes on 19-0 . I don’t do that because of anything other than wanting to win all the time

I have a Rams fan coworker. He's excited that the Rams will be returning to the playoffs...after 13 years! Last time around, they were in the twilight of the greatest show on turf while TB/BB were winning their 3rd and are now eyeing their 6th. That level of ownage is staggering when you see things from an outside fans perspective.

By the way, you have a creative username.

There's a guy who works at a local grocery store where I go and he's a Saints fan, real pleased about having possibly two rookies of the year in Kamara and Lattimore. Those guys are special, it's a great time to be a Saints fan.

Also I've been lurking/posting here for five years waiting for someone to acknowledge my username :D:D Thank you very much

I only acknowledge CREATIVE usernames..like Imagonna Kickyainnazz

I'd say take a flight to Hawaii and look up my ex..Kamoniwannalaya

What? Of course it is. The 2007 Patriots even said as much.

Was that why they lost? No, but it certainly took a toll on people......the pressure to be perfect.

Sounds like something a mentally weak team would say.

Also once you are in the playoffs the regular season record doesnt matter in terms of pressure. Every game is a win or go home scenario.

Being undefeated makes zero difference at that point. Except if you want to look for excuses.

I would love love love to see this team go 19-0 however I would be happy with a healthy team peaking at the right time and quickly bringing home another Lombardi Trophy. If my scenario pans out, (and it is not unlikely) the losses to the Chiefs and Panthers will be forgotten.

why settle for 19-0? Nineteen is such an odd number. I want an even 20-0 and the Super Bowl!
Yes, 20-0. Now that would be EPIC. Let's see, you would need three AFC teams to go 16-0 and Pats to lose strength of schedule tiebreaker. Could theoretically play two away playoff games. I like it! 19-0 is soooo 2007.

I never want to see my team lose while the game is happening. Sometimes I wonder if the pressure got to them, and/or the Giants were just a bad matchup. Likely a combo of the two.

They looked out of sync, and played poorly at times in playoff wins over Jax and SD. Furthermore, I believe a healthy Rivers & L.T. make that AFCCG a nailbitter to the finish. It left me realizing this team is beatable and I prayed a soft GB team won.

The SB 42 play calling absolutely stunk from the get go. Mankins & Light were absolutely manhandled by Strahan, Tuck, and Osi & company. I don't even think they used an extra player to block or anything.

All that said, the Patriots were a Samuel pick ( definitely wasn't " easy" by any stretch), and Tyree miracle catch away from winning. Fortunately, they won it all twice since, with the football gods giving us the Butler pick and a comeback for the ages.

P.S., hopefully that red hoodie of BB's has been burnt and buried in some foreign country lol.

I never want to see my team lose while the game is happening. Sometimes I wonder if the pressure got to them, and/or the Giants were just a bad matchup. Likely a combo of the two.

They looked out of sync, and played poorly at times in playoff wins over Jax and SD. Furthermore, I believe a healthy Rivers & L.T. make that AFCCG a nailbitter to the finish. It left me realizing this team is beatable and I prayed a soft GB team won.

The SB 42 play calling absolutely stunk from the get go. Mankins & Light were absolutely manhandled by Strahan, Tuck, and Osi & company. I don't even think they used an extra player to block or anything.

All that said, the Patriots were a Samuel pick ( definitely wasn't " easy" by any stretch), and Tyree miracle catch away from winning. Fortunately, they won it all twice since, with the football gods giving us the Butler pick and a comeback for the ages.

P.S., hopefully that red hoodie of BB's has been burnt and buried in some foreign country lol.
Don't think I've seen BB in red since. I think I've seen Matt Patricia in red. He must be immune to the curse.

Well they play to win every game so if that ends up 19-0 great.

I agree that the 2007 team felt the pressure including Brady and BB but I think they could handle a second go around mentally.

Right, you play to win every game so I'm not suggesting it's better to lose intentionally.

I'm suggesting that having one loss isn't such a bad thing. After all, it prevents the team from having to go through the season under a microscope.

I do like your argument about perhaps the team being able to handle the pressure better this time around. I can buy into that.

Right, you play to win every game so I'm not suggesting it's better to lose intentionally.

I'm suggesting that having one loss isn't such a bad thing. After all, it prevents the team from having to go through the season under a microscope.

I do like your argument about perhaps the team being able to handle the pressure better this time around. I can buy into that.
They are under the sane microscope at 10-2 as at 12-0 and when the playoffs arrive it’s the same whether 8-8 or 16-0.
Players expectations and fans expectations are ridiculously different.

Sounds like something a mentally weak team would say.

Also once you are in the playoffs the regular season record doesnt matter in terms of pressure. Every game is a win or go home scenario.

Being undefeated makes zero difference at that point. Except if you want to look for excuses.

So you feel the '07 team was mentally weak? or just felt the natural mental fatigue of the added pressure for the acheivement they came close to accomplishing?

So you feel the '07 team was mentally weak? or just felt the natural mental fatigue of the added pressure for the acheivement they came close to accomplishing?
They felt no greater pressure than if they were 15-1.
Many players have said undefeated was never even mentioned.

All I care about is a Superbowl berth and a Lombardi trophy.... followed by a #1 seed. How we get there.... I couldn't care less. That means Don Shula can go F himself with his 16-0 season.

In the context of the regular season I can understand that there is added pressure. However, once you are on the field in the playoffs where every game becomes a loser goes home proposition by design it doesnt really matter what your regular season record says.

The reality is that the 2007 team was by a big margin the best football team in the Superbowl era but injuries before the final game of the season and improbable luck on some key plays for the Giants did them in. Reality doesnt care about nice narratives it is just our human brains that are trying to connect seemingly random events into a tight package that we can wrap some kind of narrative around. Sometimes **** just happens and there is not much to learn from it.

I simply refuse to believe that while the ball to Tyree was flying through the air Rodneys subconscious had enough time to produce a palpable extra pressure that made him not punch out the ball. Or that made Asante drop that INT. When you are playing for the SB (or in the playoffs in general) you feel the ultimate pressure to perform on every play.

And if the media (and fans) constantly reminding players about their historic chance really affected them and they felt more pressure then ultimately they were a mentally weak team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back