PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Gronk News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the "6-8 weeks" recovery time is for resuming normal exercise activities like jogging and light weight lifting. Not for getting Earl Thomas type hits to the back in an NFL playoff game.

Right. Like picking up a can of peas on the floor from a standing position without pain.

Sheer hell the first for anyone who ever had a slipped disk.

I couldn't care less if Gronk needs to be paid 8 mil a season. That will be < 5% of the cap.

If he can run, block and catch a decent number of games each season I want a flying elvis on his hat.

I had back surgery the day before Gronk did. I am not sure what his procedure was, but I had a one level 4-5 lumbar disc fusion. 8 weeks is the time frame from going from no lifting at all (nothing heavier than a gallon of milk) to very light normal-to-life lifting. It also means more bending and twisting is allowed. Caveat: I am in my 50s, not my 20s. Total rehab is more like 5-6 months for me, maybe less you a youngster.

I had back surgery the day before Gronk did. I am not sure what his procedure was, but I had a one level 4-5 lumbar disc fusion. 8 weeks is the time frame from going from no lifting at all (nothing heavier than a gallon of milk) to very light normal-to-life lifting. It also means more bending and twisting is allowed. Caveat: I am in my 50s, not my 20s. Total rehab is more like 5-6 months for me, maybe less you a youngster.
But can you pull chicks like Gronk?

im not getting on this ride again.

I don't exactly remember the type of surgery he had but because it nothing to do with fusing bones or whatever, it wasn't as big a deal. I know google is my friend. And also I heard what ever disk they messed with was different than the previous 2 back surgeries. If he re injures a disk that has already been operated on, I think he has to hangem up.

It's still weird to me that Gronk hasn't been a part of this late season surge.

Gord wanted the team NOT to ir him because Gord said his son could play in the SB if they made it...Belichick said no way, valued the roster spot, the rehab was not guaranteed.... Both sides r not happy w each other...
Gronks dad isn't a doctor

Gronk is under contract until 2019, so there is not much he can do without ruining his image..

If he wants out he can walk into BB's office and ask for a trade.. there is no compelling reason to redo his contract, much of the brouhaha is a media creation of the bored and idle press..

For the next three years he is scheduled to make 7, 11 and 12 million dollars..

The most important thing is this: in all likelihood, he's not done which is really going to disappoint many outside of this forum and even a few people within it. They know who they are...
Not sure exactly whom you're talking about there, but if you're referring to anyone who said that they hope Gronk was looking out for his long term health and that he had people around him who cared whether he could walk without pain or get up and down a flight of stairs when he turns 45, you can include me among the "few people within it."

That said, I hope Gronk returns. If he can play enough years/downs, he'll go down as the greatest TE of all time. The Pats are a different and better Offense without him.

Not sure exactly whom you're talking about there, but if you're referring to anyone who said that they hope Gronk was looking out for his long term health and that he had people around him who cared whether he could walk without pain or get up and down a flight of stairs when he turns 45, you can include me among the "few people within it."

That said, I hope Gronk returns. If he can play enough years/downs, he'll go down as the greatest TE of all time. The Pats are a different and better Offense without him.
I was absolutely NOT referring to those you describe in your first paragraph. I can say that without equivocation because, like you, I'm one of those people. Thanks for affording me the opportunity for clarification.

I would hope he's a HOFer already if he never plays another down, because he is a force of nature and the toughest TE match-up problem ever, for defenses.

I think sometimes the HOFs put too much emphasis in longevity over dominance, which is why a good, but not gr8 pitcher, like Don Sutton can make the HOF because he played so long.

IMO the HOF should be for those who were among the best ever to play, even if their career is shortened by injury, and that should be especially so in a league like the NFL* which is such a violent sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots