PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goal to Go scenario at the end of the game

they annoyed the piss out of me yesterday in chat ... and it wasnt even as bad as it can get
I know. Unfortunately, actual fans are just in the line of their fire. Best probably not to engage them, but they're in some sports radio bubble.

Simplest shtick in the world: if they passed they shoulda run, if they run they shoulda passed, AFTER the draft I can tell you all about the players that were left on the board when you drafted somebody else, you should have paid whoever you let go, you shoulda let go of whoever you paid, everything's the worst it could ever be, waaaaaaahhhhh.

Fuggin TIRESOME. It just does not add to a forum or a chat. You'll notice that these fonts of wisdom and football knowledge had pretty much written us off by the half. I actually had to invoke the Falcons SB LOL... and I bet they missed half that game.

Is that true though. I thought it was ruled 'illegal formation' and not 'false start'. I know a false start is essentially a 'non play' where the team doesn't have the ability to accept or decline, but I'm pretty sure they do with an illegal formation.
The penalty was Illegal Shift ... two guys in motion basically

I know. Unfortunately, actual fans are just in the line of their fire. Best probably not to engage them, but they're in some sports radio bubble.

Simplest shtick in the world: if they passed they shoulda run, if they run they shoulda passed, AFTER the draft I can tell you all about the players that were left on the board when you drafted somebody else, you should have paid whoever you let go, you shoulda let go of whoever you paid, everything's the worst it could ever be, waaaaaaahhhhh.

Fuggin TIRESOME. It just does not add to a forum or a chat. You'll notice that these fonts of wisdom and football knowledge had pretty much written us off by the half. I actually had to invoke the Falcons SB LOL... and I bet they missed half that game.
hehehe i remember that

Ah yes, the hindsight club.

I think both teams f’ed up that sequence. I couldn’t believe my eyes. The Pats f’ed up because they were trying to score a TD and the Texans f’ed up because they did everything they could to stop ‘em.

The Texans should have pulled a Cleveland Browns maneuver and carried the runner to the end zone. (Which reminds me that the LA Chargers f’ed up by not simply taking a knee, but that’s another matter)

I think both teams f’ed up that sequence. I couldn’t believe my eyes. The Pats f’ed up because they were trying to score a TD and the Texans f’ed up because they did everything they could to stop ‘em.

The Texans should have pulled a Cleveland Browns maneuver and carried the runner to the end zone. (Which reminds me that the LA Chargers f’ed up by not simply taking a knee, but that’s another matter)
Ya, not the Chargers forte. They still won the game, but they completely mismanaged the ending against the Chiefs. Apparently they were more concerned with Herbert's fantasy points than an easy end to the victory.

Speaking of end of game debacles, how about Tom Brady against the Pats. On Tom's final drive of the game being down only 1 and in field goal range, everyone could tell you the best play at the end of the game would have been to go for a first down (ie, NOT score), kneel on the ball, then kick an easy field goal as the clock winds down. INSTEAD they throw two passes into the end zone. When both passes were released, as a Pats fan I had a sigh of a relief even before knowing the result of the play. Even if it was a TD, that was a better scenario for the Pats then the Bucs getting a first down. Bottom line: Tom Brady got selfish. He wanted a TD pass to be the dagger that got aired on Sportscenter. Not as a sexy as a game winning first down.

Ya, not the Chargers forte. They still won the game, but they completely mismanaged the ending against the Chiefs. Apparently they were more concerned with Herbert's fantasy points than an easy end to the victory.

Speaking of end of game debacles, how about Tom Brady against the Pats. On Tom's final drive of the game being down only 1 and in field goal range, everyone could tell you the best play at the end of the game would have been to go for a first down (ie, NOT score), kneel on the ball, then kick an easy field goal as the clock winds down. INSTEAD they throw two passes into the end zone. When both passes were released, as a Pats fan I had a sigh of a relief even before knowing the result of the play. Even if it was a TD, that was a better scenario for the Pats then the Bucs getting a first down. Bottom line: Tom Brady got selfish. He wanted a TD pass to be the dagger that got aired on Sportscenter. Not as a sexy as a game winning first down.
Yeah I agree 100% and made the same observation at the time. 2 deep balls to AB were unwise given the game situation.

Regardless of opponent, when your rookie QB orchestrates a come from 13 down victory and the D holds the fort after a sketchy start - you take it and move on to the next week.
If not for the fumble vs Miami the kid would have two 4th quarter comebacks in 5 games.

If not for the fumble vs Miami the kid would have two 4th quarter comebacks in 5 games.
Right, fumbles almost cost them both games. Glad they pulled this one out otherwise we'd be pulling freeze frames of the Harris fumble that was originally ruled a TD. Don't know how they overturned tht.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back