PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore traded to Carolina

Sounds right, although if He came back and played this year and did well, would his comp pick have been higher? Not sure how that is determined, but as you said and I followed up with, it didnt matter because the money was gone and was needed.

It's possible. To be honest, the comp pick formula has never really been adequately explained to me (or, more accurately, I'm too dim to process it most of the time). It would all depend on how much he signed for elsewhere and who we signed to off set him. If we have a return to normalcy in free agency next offseason (aka, not spending $165m guaranteed again), I think the 5th would be a pretty safe bet for him. I think that's the maximum he could net as a ten year veteran.

Pats haven't gone 0-3 at home since 1993 but everything is fine. Got it.
Amazing isn’t it? They just aren’t very good.

The Bucs would have put 30 on the board if not for 2 drops in the RZ. It works both ways
Apparently, this only applies to the Pats. The other team could’ve done nothing else to win the game.

The Bucs would have put 30 on the board if not for 2 drops in the RZ. It works both ways
Or the catch football move then fumble that was called incomplete. I always have distain for the notion of....oh we lost one one play. Games are long and drawn out. You dont lose on one play. The pats lost because even though their D played out of their minds, they could not muster more than 18 points, and its super hard to win in this league like that. Sacks, turnovers, all those lead to a loss, not one play.

Maybe, but there are a lot of fans on this board. More than any other board. So its probably a good representation.
Not at all.

"A lot"? That's a relative number. A few hundred isn't a lot when talking about an NFL team's fan base. the people here are here to argue, mostly.

It's possible. To be honest, the comp pick formula has never really been adequately explained to me (or, more accurately, I'm too dim to process it most of the time). It would all depend on how much he signed for elsewhere and who we signed to off set him. If we have a return to normalcy in free agency next offseason (aka, not spending $165m guaranteed again), I think the 5th would be a pretty safe bet for him. I think that's the maximum he could net as a ten year veteran.
Got it. I mean I assume if he comes in and plays well for carolina or if he would have for the pats, he would have got a pretty good payday, but not real reason to know if that would happen and the pats know what he is at this point way better than I do.

Not at all.

"A lot"? That's a relative number. A few hundred isn't a lot when talking about an NFL team's fan base. the people here are here to argue, mostly.
Again possible, but when they do polls they do not poll everyone in the world, they take a small pocket to poll. I get what you are saying, but people dont come here to argue unless its something they agree with or do not agree with. SO what they agree with would be how they see things.

Initial reaction was ‘wtf’ but let’s be real this has been coming and he didn’t seem interested for a while in staying here.

Also wouldn’t be surprised if his form drops off a cliff, think we saw the best of him so not too salty about him going.

If there’s one thing I trust this franchise for is it’s future planning, occasionally some odd decisions on the face of it but can’t argue overall.

who's fault is that? the Bucs not being able to catch a wet ball, while the Patriots receivers were able to? Maybe Brady should have had them better prepared for the elements.

I don't want to out the guy who owns this place........oooops
You mean the same guy who wanted to meet me to watch a Jags TC. @Ian want to confirm these PMs that IC just shared?

If it was a rebuild year, the pats do not spend 160 mil in the offseason. Thats a go all in to win year.

You really think the Pats were thinking super bowl this year when they made those signings?

who's fault is that? the Bucs not being able to catch a wet ball, while the Patriots receivers were able to? Maybe Brady should have had them better prepared for the elements.

Well Mac threw further than 20 yards exactly once and it was picked so the Pats receivers had an easier job to do.

It's common for fans to think players are worth more than their actual trade value.

The reality is Gill is 31, experienced a major injury, was a holdout, no TC, hadn't played this year and in 2020 his play was good but had declined from 2019.

The time to trade him was during the draft in 2020 but with a lower cap number is was harder to do so plus Gilly wanted more money. I'm assuming because the offers were lower than what BB was willing to accept, he decided to just keep him as he was a DPOY/All Pro.

good post, agree with you and nice to see some rationality to this deal.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back