Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Giants trade for the Pats #3 draft pick?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They can have the number 3 for their first this year, their second this year, their 3rd this year, their 1st next year, their second next year, their first in 2026, and the Super Bowl 42 Lombardi trophy
all can laugh. If MIN truly is willing to give 3 firsts for our 3rd plus a 4th this year, choosing to stay at 3 is quite reasonable.

The result is the patriots traded 3 firsts plus a fourth for Maye.

And yes, the staff may be fine with that.

BOTTOM LINE
We choose between and the best offer.
we are saying that we prefer to have one or the other and would not trade back if offered.

If we don’t leave this draft with Maye, Mccarrhy or 2 quality wrs and A Nix, Pennix or Rattler it be a huge L for me.
and that is because the value to you of WR;s is much higher than OT's. For you, quality OT's are really easy to get.

Josh Allen 2018 Scouting Report

Weaknesses:
  • Has accuracy issues
  • Ball security
  • Decision-making needs to improve
  • Throws too many interceptions
  • Needs to improve ability to throw finesse throws
  • Struggled against better teams
  • Played at a low level of competition
  • Concerns about production and ability to be a clutch performer
For the record, everything underlined has been absolutely accurate.

Josh Allen 2018 Scouting Report

Strengths:
  • Great skill set
  • Ideal size for a NFL quarterback
  • Very strong arm
  • Good athlete
  • Excellent mobility
  • Running threat
  • Keeps his eyes downfield as he scrambles
  • Hard to sack
  • Amazing strength to break tackles in the pocket
  • Can stretch the field vertically with his arm strength
  • Throws a good spiral
  • Has a quick release
  • Throws well on the run
  • Can throws receivers open
  • Has worked under center some

Weaknesses:
  • Has accuracy issues
  • Ball security
  • Decision-making needs to improve
  • Throws too many interceptions
  • Needs to improve ability to throw finesse throws
  • Struggled against better teams
  • Played at a low level of competition
  • Concerns about production and ability to be a clutch performer
Independent of everything else, that's a really accurate report

I love McCarthy's accuracy but I think the brain trust likes Maye more.
I don't know, Wolf is rumored to prefer JJ, Prettyricky on Twitter is saying Pats will trade down or draft JJ, which is a change from what he was saying previously.
I want Maye, if they take JJ they better be right, I like JJ in many ways, I just don't see enough tape to say he can carry a team because Michigan did not let him.
Unfortunately, I think they have to stay at 3 to get Maye or McCarthy. Trading to 6 and Giants, means Vikings give 3 first rounders to go to 4 or 5. Can't top that.
I could see a strange scenario if Cardinals trade up to #3 and give Pats #4 and say a 3rd round pick and then trade the #3 pick to Giants or Vikings for multiple ones. It's only scenario I see where Pats can trade down.

Consider the cost of moving up from 11 to 6 and then to 3.

11 to 3 is not at all close to 6 to 3.
But the Pats would be giving up the best remaining QB prospect.

Every draft is different.

Let’s just say that young Tom Brady was at #3.

What is cost to give that up and move to the next QB?

I don't know, Wolf is rumored to prefer JJ, Prettyricky on Twitter is saying Pats will trade down or draft JJ, which is a change from what he was saying previously.
I want Maye, if they take JJ they better be right, I like JJ in many ways, I just don't see enough tape to say he can carry a team because Michigan did not let him.
Unfortunately, I think they have to stay at 3 to get Maye or McCarthy. Trading to 6 and Giants, means Vikings give 3 first rounders to go to 4 or 5. Can't top that.
I could see a strange scenario if Cardinals trade up to #3 and give Pats #4 and say a 3rd round pick and then trade the #3 pick to Giants or Vikings for multiple ones. It's only scenario I see where Pats can trade down.
Saw a video this morning with Cowherd and both he and another evaluator were harsh on JJ.

If the Pats FO truly thought that Maye or JJ was the next Tom Brady they wouldn't be fielding trade offers.

You don't hear any noise that the Bears or Washington are fielding offers. Why? They have the guy they believe will be their franchise QB.

Clearly the Pats either don't feel that way about who is left, or they feel that 2 or 3 of the guys left can be.

If the Pats truly thought the JJ and Maye were equal talents and they have a chance to make a slight trade back and still land one why wouldn't they?

if they think that we have the next have Brady or Allen or Mahome, then we shouldn't trade even for 4 firsts.

If we have a mere mortal, then we are comparing to the other 3 who might be solid NFL QB's. THEN the compensation is relevant.

Josh Allen was a QB I fell in love with when I saw a video on YouTube of him throwing bombs in his backyard and doing accuracy drills.
Knew he would be a stud.

Mahommes I completely missed.
I didn’t have him on my radar at all.
Mahomes has a unique skill where he can immediately run out of the pocket. Look lost as all hell but stay composed, make the right read and get the ball where it’s supposed to go. I can see by watching tape on him it would look like his skills wouldn’t translate into the NFL

No one would do that trade as Giants gm
He would be fired tomorrow
Drake Maye is not Andrew Luck

I said that is the only thing I would accept. I don’t give a crap what they would or wouldn’t do. Context brotha

I think where we are as a franchise we have to draft who we think is the most talented QB. It’s nice to have assets but without that franchise QB what good are they.

Draft Harrison and trade him to the highest bidder (probably among AZ, LAC and CHI).
==========
Less risky is trade for no lower than 9.

Say KCSVEN If you make the trade from 3 to 4 with the Cards you stipulate that they have to make the pick. When they do pick, their done and you @4 are up. Then until you @4 make a pick or trade the pick control the action.

Say KCSVEN If you make the trade from 3 to 4 with the Cards you stipulate that they have to make the pick. When they do pick, their done and you @4 are up. Then until you @4 make a pick or trade the pick control the action.
Trade the pick and AZ is on the clock. They can pick Harrison or Maye. At 4, we can they do as we will.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back