PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants hire Patriots ST/WR coach Joe Judge for HC - Bielema for Staff. EDIT

Congrats to Joe Judge for landing the Giants HC job. He must have had a hell of an interview and endorsement from BB. I actually think the Giants job was the most attractive with Daniel Jones and Saquan Barkley.

Congrats to him. A big move a good step up for him. Hard to be upset at this move.

Christmas a bit late but great for Joe Judge ...
Best of luck to him and his family.

No more Belichick to Giants stupid rumors.:cool:

Judge will hire BB as his Defensive Coordinator!

You heard it here first.

I wonder if we bring in Garrett as OC if McD goes to Cleveland...Bill usually likes to hire from within the system though.

Garrett would be a great fit in Cleveland, honestly. His temperament might just be what those hotheads over there need.

Jason Garrett as OC and Kris Richard as DC i can see.

Normally I could go either way with McDaniels leaving or staying but this year more than ever I want him to stay. I think him staying increases the likelihood Brady is back.

JJ fired in 3 years?

Its not going work out.

BOB is not going to win vs KC.

His firing is long overdue, but he likely eeks out another year.

Meh, his WRs were not great this season.

Is there any other Pats coaches that Judge will convince to join him?

Seems his being an ex-Patriot will make it easier for the NY fan base to turn on Judge?

I'm sure he doesn't care, he just made more money with one swipe of the pen than he could have ever expected to make before the Giants called.

It's a truly life changing moment for him, so congrats and good luck when not playing against the Pats!
I'll never discourage getting paid. Prospects coming out of school. I think they should be compensated more while in school. Players, coaches leaving teams. Go get that money while it's there.

Plus these guys don't have the "fan" mentality. Their all hyper-competitive, so they're not scared of a new challenge/chapters.

Nobody sticks out to me. Most of the defensive coaches are too inexperienced to be a DC for an inexperienced HC. Maybe Bielema, but I don’t know what to think given how unique his background is compared to a typical defensive line coach.

On offense, it would have to be something like trying to promote Lombardi from assistant QBs or Caley from TEs to something better like WRs. The Patriots could (and probably would) block that if they’re still under contract. Fears and Scar are in it for life, and I think they’ll do whatever it takes to keep Popovich if they see him as the future OL coach.

Giants - Judge
Detriot - Patricia
Texans - O'Brien
Miami - Flores
Tenn - Vrabel
McDaniels - ?

And that's just HC, alone.

Can't say that the Patriots don't dominate the league, one way or another.

The way the league is setting up, it's becoming (basically) the Reid tree v. the Belichick tree.

Maybe Cameron Achord if the Pats don’t opt to promote him up from assistant special teams coach.

If there was a scenario where both the Giants and Pats want him to lead special teams..unsure of the relationship/dynamic between Judge and Achord to make any inference on what choice he might make.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back