PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

General offensive strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 straight conference title games
3 straight super bowls

Significant part of team played in those games.

You are an argumentative punk
I am truly scared. Did you change your depends today or are you just usually this annoying and crabby?

A guy can't get a little stoned and start philosophizing on the forum without being attacked by an angry pack of forum hyenas. Got it. You guys are brutal. LMFAO
I don't get what your trying to say? Expect to get berated and called childish names? I obviously don't really care I'm just commenting on someone's lack of civil discourse.

Different teams. 2007 offensive dominance was enough to carry them to most dominant team ever. 2019 will be the deepest, most battle tested, most intelligent group to ever step foot on a football field.
I was at the last regular season game of the year. The game where the Pats squeaked out a win against the giants. They did not look like the most dominant team to ever play that game, nor did they when they lost to the giants a couple months later.

They were incredibly dominant for the first half of the season, then slowly became very very good, but no longer dominant. Then, they lost.

I was at the last regular season game of the year. The game where the Pats squeaked out a win against the giants. They did not look like the most dominant team to ever play that game, nor did they when they lost to the giants a couple months later.

They were incredibly dominant for the first half of the season, then slowly became very very good, but no longer dominant. Then, they lost.
Yep. Sports...

We may be only moments away from the dreaded "Listen Bub..."

tenor.gif
Usually followed quickly by "Andy hold my beer"

Changing subjects, but, that was one of the few BB teams I ever saw that came out of the gate OMG good, then it was like the league slowly caught up to them. It is almost always the other way around. Out of the gate we look like crap and maybe lose a game or two, everyone cries and screams and says BB should be fired and Brady is washed up, then they end up winning the superbowl.

Fair enough. Nonetheless they were a in the grasp missed sack and catch on head away from none of that mattering and people remembering the games like buffalo on Monday night.

???

Last 4 regular season games:

34-13 v. Steelers
20-10 v. Jets, in the game where Brady was just chucking it up to Moss
28-7 v. Dolphins
38-35 v. Giants

People keep downplaying that 2007 team because it lost the Super Bowl on some of the flukiest plays and worst calls in NFL playoff history, but that's not fair to that team.

Offensively, I would like to see i formation back field with three wr’s. Virtually impossible for the defense to put seven in the box. Virtually impossible for our offense to not to average 5.0 yards per rush, especially if Harris and Michel are healthy and can catch check downs.

I wonder what they’ll use for personnel without having a dual threat TE. I imagine a lot of 4-WR sets with White/Burkhead in the backfield?

8 straight conference title games
3 straight super bowls

Significant part of team played in those games.

You are an argumentative punk
17 players currently on the 90 man roster were on the 2016 Super Bowl winners. 9 starters (6 offense, 3 defense).

There is a ton of turnover every year. That's why from Belichick on down, they preach that each year is a new year.

They're 'battle tested' through 2 preseason games. Your assertion is stupid.

I think that, if the TE position was solid, this team would be built to light up the scoreboard via the air early, and then to pound the defense on the ground late. The ridiculously weak TE position is, IMO, the real issue here, in terms both of team talent and offensive game planning.
I’m not convinced the TE lack is a weakness. I recall that last year Develin was occasionally used like a TE from the FB position. I think the mix of RBs and WRs will draw enough attention away from whoever is in at TE to allow them to do okay. As you said, it’s a matter of offensive game planning. They’ll do okay by mixing it up between run and pass. That balance is going to make everybody better.

17 players currently on the 90 man roster were on the 2016 Super Bowl winners. 9 starters (6 offense, 3 defense).

There is a ton of turnover every year. That's why from Belichick on down, they preach that each year is a new year.

They're 'battle tested' through 2 preseason games. Your assertion is stupid.
FU

They went into arrowhead and won a title game.

They aren't going to preach it though because 100% focus needs to be on the current season. We all know being battle tested doesn't get you an extra win, you have to earn everything every single snap.

There are experienced teams and inexperienced teams, locker rooms full of guys that have been through a lot and locker rooms like the Browns.

We are talking semantics here, you are a pretentious gatekeeper of the 'Patriots way'

Bellichik and others say a lot of things to get the team focused on the current year and to not get caught up in any media embellishments. BB definitely thinks Chung Brady Mccourty Edelman Mason thuney Slater Gilmore white and others are battle tested. And he also knows that their leadership and presence has an effect on the rest of the team.

Last edited:
I think that, if the TE position was solid, this team would be built to light up the scoreboard via the air early, and then to pound the defense on the ground late. The ridiculously weak TE position is, IMO, the real issue here, in terms both of team talent and offensive game planning.

So @Deus Irae, what's your guess about what the coaching staff is doing? Have they struck out on a "throw a bunch of TE's at the wall and hope one sticks" strategy, and are now as concerned as you are? Or do they have something else up their sleeve? What might it be?

I'm excited about the defense, too, although Pennel's recent vanishing act has me suddenly concerned about the interior run defense. Guy has clearly become above average DT but that seems to be all they have that's dependable.

???

Last 4 regular season games:

34-13 v. Steelers
20-10 v. Jets, in the game where Brady was just chucking it up to Moss
28-7 v. Dolphins
38-35 v. Giants

People keep downplaying that 2007 team because it lost the Super Bowl on some of the flukiest plays and worst calls in NFL playoff history, but that's not fair to that team.
Exactly. Feels like a coping mechanism tbh

So @Deus Irae, what's your guess about what the coaching staff is doing? Have they struck out on a "throw a bunch of TE's at the wall and hope one sticks" strategy, and are now as concerned as you are? Or do they have something else up their sleeve? What might it be?

Their M.O. on things like this is that they never stop working to find a fix. While some teams would just write off the position and completely switch to their version of plan B, the Patriots will keep trying to find a way to make plan A successful. They're probably calling around the league, especially calling teams that have a potential excess at the position. They'll probably be laser focused on the position during cutdowns. And they'll keep working with what they have, until the last second, to see if they can take the trash and turn it into treasure.

Exactly. Feels like a coping mechanism tbh

It does suck that, with all the success this franchise has had under Brady/BB, the best team it's ever had, and quite possibly the greatest team in NFL history, failed to win the Super Bowl. It's probably the only disappointment from this era that can't be overcome and put behind the collective "us".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes