PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gene Steratore to ref Super Bowl [update:retires from NFL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we even talking about the SB ref?

We have to win Sunday or it really doesn't matter if Bozo is the ref.

You're right I'm gonna go study some more film and lift a little harder this week to make sure that when my number is called Sunday I don't let the team down. :rolleyes:

I never said this is the ref NE is going to have to deal with in the SB. I was merely reporting that steratore was chosen for this honor. He is a good ref and deserves it.

Good ref. There is some logic in the NFL still. Or is it a case of a broken clock being correct twice a day?
The clock thing

We're on to Jacksonville.

Don't let's get ahead of ourselves.

He's not bad. He's actually one of the good refs in the league to me. Seems to know his stuff and explains things exceptionally well.

I don't there is one referee in the NFL that would satisfy everyone on this board.
SMDH :rolleyes:

Bruh. The amount of "Let's not overlook the Jags here" going on is hilarious.

We could have a thread called "The Super Bowl has been moved from Minneapolis to Miami" and people would say "LeTs NoT OvErLoOk ThE JaGuArZ!"

It's just a note about the SB yal it'll be ok lol

I don't there is one referee in the NFL that would satisfy everyone on this board.
SMDH :rolleyes:
I don't know what his name is, but the head official for the Titans-Pats game is my least favorite, at least with his regular season crew. Anytime he's officiating a game you can count on the defense getting away with riding Gronk up and down the field like a backpack

Soooo.... is the fix going to be in or no? Having trouble deciding whether or not it is reading through this thread.

Last edited:
Jinx jinx jinx lmao!!!
I hope I don't comeback to this thread if the pats lay an egg against jags..
Take care of Jags 1st.

He's OK. My only complaint is that the NFL ought to keep the entire crews together from the regular season. Have the top rated crew do the SB, #2 and #3 do the conference championship games.

The communication problems, long debates about reversing calls, and indecision on even making a call are all worsened by the all-star crew concept. Like a good offensive line, a good crew over time has learned to work well together and are better because of that familiarity with one another's tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses.

IMO he deserves it...

Great. Just Grerat.

Now you've gone and made Telvin Smith all wierd and pissed off. Patsfan.com is disrespecting the jags by looking past them and who the ref will be for the Superbowl.

Telvin-

Please don't take it out on the Patriots. The OP doesn't speak for all of us

:D

I think we’re fine if we make it, as long as it’s not Boger.

Boger is extremely incompetent

When your last name mirrors that of a snot, you cannot be good at anything.

Damnit! Was hoping for Jerome....

booger%2Bparty.jpg

Good for him. I've had a soft spot for Gene ever since reading a fantastic, really in-depth article a few years ago by Peter King on what being a ref in the NFL is like. He (Gene) talks about what a big honour it is for a ref to get to cover that game so glad to see him finally make it there.

Game 150: A Week in the Life of an Officiating Crew

That's the link if anyone is interested and has some (considerable) time to kill.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. If I'm wrong, feel free to merge.

I like Steratore. He isn't always perfect, but I trust him, and he isn't an idiot like Borger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back