PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GEAUX PATRIOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pherein

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
4e862cde9cc863e9ffa9feb86b993b64.jpg

We remember after 40 or more years of loving a team that was the joke of the NFL. We were befriended by Patriots fans when you came to NO in 2009. You didn't make fun of us, and even in the papers it was quoted how great your fans were. You really made a huge impression on us and that never went away. You are really an amazing football fanbase and Im am sure in my heart your team is a product of the good solid fans of NE.

Most of you are such old fans you still remember the bad days in NE.

First let me say I am so proud of your boys. Tom, your defense, Blount force trama, White, Bennet, Edelman, Ryan, McCourty, Chung ( always loved this kid ), Butler , Collins, hightower, OL, it goes on and on. What a great season with new talent and old. And specially proud of BB for starting over and doing it again. What a brilliant coach.

For some this is your 1st, like it was ours, and for others , well you have lived the dynasty. What a great ride that is not close to ending because Brady and BB are not going anywhere soon.

I think that is proven by the fire still in their bellies, as Brees said.

This is such a cool moment for you, and we are soooo Happy for the fans of NE

You deserve this chance to win it all.

Mostly when NE went to the SuperBowl NO has been one of the few states to support them after your education and SP’s to our fans. We learned your not and evil empire :) your cool fans. Don't worry we wont tell anyone,lol.

Saints fans stand behind the Patriots. Don't read into what the news or papers say. NO and LA are Patriots fans now. Our northern brothers have been shackled by an unjust Goddel and we know that, but unlike us you have broken free. Nothing would make Saints fans happier than watching that jerk hand TB the Trophy. We tried but I think the damage was to bad to do it.

Really cant say enough how proud I am of your boys and fans that never gave up , and here you are….and it was ALL of you as a team.

Its been a privilege for us to be friends with our Patriot fans, and your going to win. Kick those Dirty Birds butts for us ok

A football note: Falcons have 6 good rotating pass rushers to force the ball. Its how they work because the defense is not that good as a unit. If your OL can hold them up the middle Brady will shred them. Matty is a pattern passer, he doesn't have sight and if in trouble will wing it to Jones.

but never give up hope ok and never stop believing. I remember after everyone here help us with our SB the forum broke down at 1/2 time when we were not dominating the colts. Hope and believe because we will always believe in your boys during the game, and we know your boys will win.

Sorry so long , but so happy for you guys

Go PATS !! Love you guys . Do your Job :)

after all this dogs has never been wrong

Last edited:
Thanks bro! You pretty much single-handedly made me a huge Saints sympathizer. Bullshitgate just solidified the bond.

Definitely hoping (and predicting) that we'll smack the **** out of the Falcons for you guys.

Your going to have the best time. So Proud of you guys

Hope so, Pherein. If it hadn't been for the Omissioner, I'd have been at peace with this game. 2014 was S-O-O great (no disrespect to the Seahawks) that, if our guys lost to the better team, so be it. But that's not the way that things have been. So now I'm super-stressed. Thanks, Roger ...

By the way, one of the very few Facebook friends I have who follows football is also a Saints fan and he's big into the whole "Belicheat" thing. There's no cure for stupid, I'm afraid.

Hope so, Pherein. If it hadn't been for the Omissioner, I'd have been at peace with this game. 2014 was S-O-O great (no disrespect to the Seahawks) that, if our guys lost to the better team, so be it. But that's not the way that things have been. So now I'm super-stressed. Thanks, Roger ...

By the way, one of the very few Facebook friends I have who follows football is also a Saints fan and he's big into the whole "Belicheat" thing. There's no cure for stupid, I'm afraid.
Yeah dont worry so much its BB and the boys that have to play and they feed off your fans, an I believe that your fans are a huge part of why they win. Just believe.

Oh yeah I know lol, stupid is in every state. Im sure 1/3 on NE still believes in bounty gate. We talk to them when we see them. Information is the key. But for the most part id say you have easy 70-80% of NO and LA behind the Patriots. Same as other SB's.

Just have fun with this

oh and quit FB they will keep all your text and stuff and data mine it lol.

Last edited:
Thanks bud, glad to see you around.

Thanks, pheiren! I know I've posted this before, but our trip to NOLA Thanksgiving weekend in 2009 for the Monday night Saints/Pats game was beyond describable. It was spectacular, and despite the fact that the Saints kicked our asses, we had a great time in your great city. Tentatively planning to go again this coming season. I saw Drew Brees on a Boston show on radio row this week and he was so great and gracious, not to mention funny. He's a class act, as Sean Payton is, your fans are and, of course, you are. The Pats and Saints are kindred spirits. Thanks for posting here.

I saw Drew Brees on a Boston show on radio row this week and he was so great and gracious, not to mention funny. He's a class act, as Sean Payton is, your fans are and, of course, you are. The Pats and Saints are kindred spirits. Thanks for posting here.

Yeah, I have to second the motion on Drew Brees. Nothing but a class act and definitely criminally underrated. I'd be happy to see him get another ring.

Pherein summed it up perfectly. I was born and raised a Patriots fan, but moved to the New Orleans area back in 1990. I'm still, and always will be, a Patriots fan first. But I've easily adopted the Saints as my second favorite team.

I had season tickets for six years back in the "Dome Patrol" days, and I was at the 2009 MNF game in the Superdome when the Patriots were stomped by the Saints during their Super Bowl winning season. I saw firsthand how well the Patriots fans and Saints fans interacted, and even though the Saints crushed the Patriots that night, the fans on both sides had a lot of good-natured bantering. When the game was over, I saw a lot of Patriots and Saints fans exchanging handshakes and well wishes.

As Pherein pointed out, the Saints fans can empathize with what the Patriots fans have gone through when ass-raped by the Commissioner and the cowardly owners who pulled his puppet strings. Don't forget, Goodell hammered the Saints on ZERO evidence, so there should be a solid bond between the fans of the two teams. I was happy that Pherein pointed out how well-behaved the Pats fans were, and the Saints fans are the same way.

One last comment: I was at the Patriots-Rams Super Bowl and the fans of both teams had a great time. The night before, the friend of mine from Massachusetts who treated me to the game, went to the French Quarter with me, my wife, and my sister-in-law. That night interacting with the Rams fans was one of the best times of my life. And after the game, I didn't witness one Patriots fan rubbing it in to the despondent Rams fans after Vinatieri made his game-winning FG.

Thank you sir, and once again thank you for crushing the forehead in 2009. Probably my next favorite super bowl to having the Pats in it.

4e862cde9cc863e9ffa9feb86b993b64.jpg

We remember after 40 or more years of loving a team that was the joke of the NFL. We were befriended by Patriots fans when you came to NO in 2009. You didn't make fun of us, and even in the papers it was quoted how great your fans were. You really made a huge impression on us and that never went away. You are really an amazing football fanbase and Im am sure in my heart your team is a product of the good solid fans of NE.

Most of you are such old fans you still remember the bad days in NE.

First let me say I am so proud of your boys. Tom, your defense, Blount force trama, White, Bennet, Edelman, Ryan, McCourty, Chung ( always loved this kid ), Butler , Collins, hightower, OL, it goes on and on. What a great season with new talent and old. And specially proud of BB for starting over and doing it again. What a brilliant coach.

For some this is your 1st, like it was ours, and for others , well you have lived the dynasty. What a great ride that is not close to ending because Brady and BB are not going anywhere soon.

I think that is proven by the fire still in their bellies, as Brees said.

This is such a cool moment for you, and we are soooo Happy for the fans of NE

You deserve this chance to win it all.

Mostly when NE went to the SuperBowl NO has been one of the few states to support them after your education and SP’s to our fans. We learned your not and evil empire :) your cool fans. Don't worry we wont tell anyone,lol.

Saints fans stand behind the Patriots. Don't read into what the news or papers say. NO and LA are Patriots fans now. Our northern brothers have been shackled by an unjust Goddel and we know that, but unlike us you have broken free. Nothing would make Saints fans happier than watching that jerk hand TB the Trophy. We tried but I think the damage was to bad to do it.

Really cant say enough how proud I am of your boys and fans that never gave up , and here you are….and it was ALL of you as a team.

Its been a privilege for us to be friends with our Patriot fans, and your going to win. Kick those Dirty Birds butts for us ok

A football note: Falcons have 6 good rotating pass rushers to force the ball. Its how they work because the defense is not that good as a unit. If your OL can hold them up the middle Brady will shred them. Matty is a pattern passer, he doesn't have sight and if in trouble will wing it to Jones.

but never give up hope ok and never stop believing. I remember after everyone here help us with our SB the forum broke down at 1/2 time when we were not dominating the colts. Hope and believe because we will always believe in your boys during the game, and we know your boys will win.

Sorry so long , but so happy for you guys

Go PATS !! Love you guys . Do your Job :)

after all this dogs has never been wrong

Best opposing fan on this site, and no team has been more supportive of the Patriots in dealing with the bullsh.t , both franchises have gone through it.

Thanks Pherein, the ring that goes on the middle finger is from all of us to Rodgah!

--I--

Fine words Pherein, thanks.

Side item: yesterday in another conversation about deflategate, I injected Bountygate into it (as a second example of how Goodell uses railroading for public relations and how it unfairly harms people). I said the Saints were harmed even worse for little more than media hysteria that turned into a feeding frenzy.
The response I got was 'yea I so remember that Bountygate thing. So that was a lie too? Boy that NFL just lies all the time just so they can railroad people for no reason' along with a condescending snicker/smirk.
The conversation and mood wasn't serious enough for me to do any worthy response. I just made a light comment to this person that they seemed real happy proving ignorance truly is bliss. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down