PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: I think Bill is realizing his system doesn't work without high level QB play

I think it also has to do with the fact he gets a lot of crap from Pats fans online for his Mac hate. He is constantly complaining about all the crap people give him online.
It's well -deserved. Poor little Mr. Sensitive.

This is the dumbest thing Gasper has ever said and he has said a ****load.

What "system" does work without high-level QB play.

New Orleans and LA Rams, most of the time. Nowhere else.

Trade a promising rookie QB for a very talented vet QB that will be suspended the second the trade is approved to the Pat's. Yep that's exactly how you win in this league!
Are you really saying that, if you were in charge of the Patriots, you wouldn't take a Jones for Watson trade?

Trade a promising rookie QB for a very talented vet QB that will be suspended the second the trade is approved to the Pat's. Yep that's exactly how you win in this league!

I'd be more worried that there still could be criminal charges against Watson. There are still active criminal investigations for some of the allegations.

This is the dumbest thing Gasper has ever said and he has said a ****load.
Chris needs a good friend to set him straight...

5q6jvn.gif

Are you really saying that, if you were in charge of the Patriots, you wouldn't take a Jones for Watson trade?

Until Watson's civil, potential criminal, and league issues stemming from all the allegations are settled, I wouldn't. Not based on any talent. But I will take Jones on the field playing over Watson suspended, banned, or in jail.

Trading Jones for Watson straight up would never happen. And I wouldn't give up anything of significant value for Watson until you know whether he is going to play again and if he is just suspended, I need to to know how long.

Right now given his current situation yes. He would not play a down this season for the Pats. No chance in hell Goodell allows that.

You'd take him, not knowing what his long term status is?

Yes we're all lined up to put Mac in the HOF right now. He caught us. LOL

**** like this is to my point. Pompous dweeb!

If Bill has talent at other positions on the team, he's going to win....qb is the most important position but think of when Casal was the starter, he was 11-5 and when Brady was suspended he was 3-1 with Jimmy and Brissett ....that's 14-6....if he has talent, he's going to win.
If you’re going to toss records around without brady, perhaps you shouldn’t be selective and include his actual career record without brady. I do agree If he has the talent he’s going to win. But he’s not winning right now, which leads me to ask do we not have the talent?

FYI I don’t agree with Gaspers take at all

This is the worst of the worst.
He made up that he THINKS Belichick is impatient to catch Shula.
Then he makes up that he thinks maybe that means Belichick is reconsidering his plan to develop a rookie 5 games in.
Then he makes up that IF the things he made up are true, then he THINKS maybe Belichick might make a stupid decision and go after Watson.

People read it and say who Belichick has lost it.

Right now given his current situation yes. He would not play a down this season for the Pats. No chance in hell Goodell allows that.

Not only that, but I don't think Kraft would want to touch a player accused of sexual assault and/or rape right now. Between his past situation and Antonio Brown, I don't think he really wants the PR hit.

This is the worst of the worst.
He made up that he THINKS Belichick is impatient to catch Shula.
Then he makes up that he thinks maybe that means Belichick is reconsidering his plan to develop a rookie 5 games in.
Then he makes up that IF the things he made up are true, then he THINKS maybe Belichick might make a stupid decision and go after Watson.

People read it and say who Belichick has lost it.

If that is the case, Watson is the worst QB to play for. I think the only reason the NFL hasn't put Watson on the commissioner reserve list is because the Texans are suspending him themselves and they do not have to get involved. If a team trades for Watson and decides to play him before his issues are resolved or the league investigation is over, I think Goodell puts him on the commission reserve list.

If you’re going to toss records around without brady, perhaps you shouldn’t be selective and include his actual career record without brady. I do agree If he has the talent he’s going to win. But he’s not winning right now, which leads me to ask do we not have the talent?

FYI I don’t agree with Gaspers take at all
Sure, if a coach doesn't have talent, he's not going to win...the record without Brady includes Cleveland where the talent wasn't great, except for the last year when he made the playoffs....again, I don't want this to get into a Tom vs Bill thread...my point was that if Bill has talent, he is going to win, no doubt about that.

Arizona is a good example that this is possible. They gave up on a top 10 QB pick after ONE year which is pretty unheard of. I thought they were crazy, but it's paying off. I'm not that high on Jones long term as there's really nothing that "wow's" you about him. His arm is very mediocre. And as many analysts have said, there's not much of a ceiling with him. However, he looks to be in control of the offense, makes protection calls, doesn't do anything stupid and looks fairly poised out there.

Watson is 28-26, 1-2 in the playoffs and has never won anything. And he's had some good players around him (Hopkins was his constant target) and Merciless defenses led by JJ Watt.

He's really good, I agree (showing that it's more than the QB after all), but his cap hits are enormous starting next year ($40million+ for two years, then just under 40 for the next two).

I don't think BB is taking that on, particularly with all the baggage.

Wth happened to Gasper? Thought he was good for a while there, but then, I thought Bedard was good, too, and now he's a click-chaser.

Wth happened to Gasper? Thought he was good for a while there, but then, I thought Bedard was good, too, and now he's a click-chaser.
Whatever business moves he made were the wrong ones. I remember he was one of the more popular beat writers 10+ years ago, but others like Reiss, Breer, Yates (ESPN Boston days) and others have landed big gigs while he went into obscurity.

I am sorry guys but I would give Jones in a heart beat to get Watson, assuming of course his legal situation resolves. I do think Gasper has a great point about Shula's record and of course there is the Caserio connection.

Jones + 1st? Do it, do it, do it.

Whatever business moves he made were the wrong ones. I remember he was one of the more popular beat writers 10+ years ago, but others like Reiss, Breer, Yates (ESPN Boston days) and others have landed big gigs while he went into obscurity.
I know Field personally. You’ll never hear him bad mouth BB because he is childhood best friends with crazy face Steve, BBs son

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back