Votes: 8 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Garcia may have problems for a few games. The question is whether the patriots have a better chance to get into the playoffs, get deep into the playoffs and win the SB with Garcia as QB instead of Cassel.

And what is the team willing to spend on said QB...is it really a solution? It doesn't help the D at all...I am not sure just replacing Cassel with Garcia will solve all the problems..

It just not going to happen, unless it happens in 2 weeks, and allows Garcia to get a grasp of the offense.. I would right now still hold on the Cassel, but he needs some confidence and he needs a o line and a focused Randy Moss..

I mean i dunno...

I think the real question here is can Garcia put up more points than Cassel?

Garcia can't stop the run or defend the pass, so that is that.

Can he put up more points than Cassel. He certainly has a lot of experience and I think confidence. What role would he come in as, starter, backup, we can only assume starter. What message does this send to your team? Desperation? Mild desperation? We want to give our club the best chance to win so the team is all on board? What are we giving up for Garcia?

There are a lot of questions and don't get me wrong I like garcia and I think he would be a good choice?

There are a lot of things that need consideration here....

I like Matt a lot, but it obvious that he was part of the problem yesterday. If they could get Garcia today and have him in for practice for the next couple of weeks I would go for it.

That said, the defense was horrible yesterday, and Randy Moss did nothing to make me feel warm and fuzzy.

What message would it send the offense? The message would be that the FO has evaluated its options in the past two weeks and decided to do what is best for the team. The receivers would get the message that that would have a QB who could deliver inthe passing game. I would expect Garcia to start, and expect that it would take between a 2nd and 4th to get Garcia.

The message to the defense is not affected. Belichick will deliver that. He may or may not add a player or two, but that is always the case.

I mean i dunno...

I think the real question here is can Garcia put up more points than Cassel?

Garcia can't stop the run or defend the pass, so that is that.

Can he put up more points than Cassel. He certainly has a lot of experience and I think confidence. What role would he come in as, starter, backup, we can only assume starter. What message does this send to your team? Desperation? Mild desperation? We want to give our club the best chance to win so the team is all on board? What are we giving up for Garcia?

There are a lot of questions and don't get me wrong I like garcia and I think he would be a good choice?

There are a lot of things that need consideration here....

I think if Garcia is available, we should jump on him. He still has tons of talent.

I don't think this team has any confidence at all in Matt Cassel. The miserable preseason he chucked up and now this stink bomb yesterday. He inspires NO confidence on either side of the ball.

Garcia, IMO, would do that. He's a proven vet who has shown he can be a really good QB especially if he were dropped into this system with the talent that would be around him. I think he would turn everything around and most importantly get Randy's confidence and motivation back to were it needs to be. Because it's pretty obvious, Randy wants nothing to do with Matt Cassel running this offense right now.

Let's light a fire under this team drop Garcia into this offense. Great time to do it now, with the bye-week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a poor offense reduces the effectiveness of our defense, our offensive line, special teams, kicker, everything. A football team revolves around the offense. Our team is starting to spiral down the drain. Garcia would be an upgrade.

No doubt.Its better to try and get Garcia with the bye week coming up.Let him get accustom to his teammates.

Is he willing to switch to ILB? And is he any good at it? We need to stop the Brown runs for TDs.

Enough talk about the defense.They where horrible but i expect a bounce back.I cant say the same thing about this offense with Cassel.

Screw Garcia!! He pays that playmate to stand by his side so he doesn't appear gay to the media!

"come playoff time will the team be better off with Garcia?" A wee bit premature, don't you think? What is it about this team so far this season that makes you think the playoff's are in its future? Was it the close victory over the worst team in the league in week one? Oh, maybe it was the week two victory over the leagues most over-rated team, the Jets? Nope - must have been the thumping they got from one of the bottom four teams in the league. Yah, that must be it. ;)

Garcia is better than Matt Cassel but can he make Kaczur block any better?

Last edited:
Garcia may have problems for a few games. The question is whether the patriots have a better chance to get into the playoffs, get deep into the playoffs and win the SB with Garcia as QB instead of Cassel.

Being in Dallas, I got to watch him as an Eagle during their '06 stretch run where they rallyed...he has one attribute that REALLY sticks out-LEADERSHIP. He's always in his teammates' faces and firing them up 24/7. He knows how to manage games. He doesn't make mistakes.

A 2nd round pick may be a reach, but for at least one year, he's worth it.

There is rumour of Derek Anderson getting benched. With Bill and Romeo having a past, maybe this would be a better trade if they really do anything (which at this point may or may not be a big priority).

Being in Dallas, I got to watch him as an Eagle during their '06 stretch run where they rallyed...he has one attribute that REALLY sticks out-LEADERSHIP. He's always in his teammates' faces and firing them up 24/7. He knows how to manage games. He doesn't make mistakes.

A 2nd round pick may be a reach, but for at least one year, he's worth it.

As I've pointed out in other threads, it's not quite that simple: remember, you're giving up money and draft capital that might be put to better uses down the line. Put another way--is having Garcia in 2008 worth losing out on, say, an extra LB (or OL or S or whatever) and an increased risk of, for example, not being able to re-sign Vince Wilfork?

Last edited:
As I've pointed out in other threads, it's not quite that simple: remember, you're giving up money and draft capital that might be put to better uses down the line. Put another way--is having Garcia in 2008 worth losing out on, say, an extra LB (or OL or S or whatever) and an increased risk of, for example, not being able to re-sign Vince Wilfork?

No, it is not.

That #2 2009 pick should be used to draft an OT.

I like the guy at QB, but Garcia really is "made of glass". You need to ignore his injury history to think that with this underperforming OL he'd last the season here. He wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe