PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gameday Thread: Panthers at Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of injuries on both teams tonight.Hope they are all minor. Pats running game looking really strong. Hope D. Harris is OK. He will be good depth to give Sony a breather. Also, Gunner is making the most of his opportunities. Could give Berrios a real run for the backup slot receiver spot. The D also looks solid, even the reserves.

Let me preface this by saying Stidham has been much, much better than I expected based on his college tape. I'm excited for his future. If he keeps developing, then he's got a chance to be the next guy in three years (maybe).

But there's no way I'd keep him over Hoyer for this year. Hoyer has actual experience at reading NFL defenses and audibling into different plays and generally taking care of the ball. Sure, he has had 4-interception meltdowns -- so has Brady, though -- but for the most part he's not going to hurt the team in goal-t0-go situations, etc.

Funny how I think both Bacon and Deus have valid points. They're just stubborn. :p
Please tell me where I'm wrong.

I fully admit Hoyers value. I absolutely can see a 3 QB situation. His experience on/off the field is not being denied by me.

My big point is from everything we've heard in camp. Seen in games. Stidham has played better than Hoyer. Hes absolutely made it a conversation.

There's a ton of fat pats fans in the stands.

Tom & DT are certainly buddies

True, but how tacklers did he make miss, give those plays to James White during the regular season.

Hard to miss a tackle when the kick-out block isn't there by the time you catch the ball.

Wynn is going to hear it tomorrow morning.

And there it is..who takes King's place on ST but..... Munson.

Wish they would have shown a replay of that 3rd and 7 incompletion to Izzo.

Pennel still out there. Looks like he's on the bubble.

Purchased some raffle tickets for the authenticate SB ring

Time for bed

patfanken has mentioned before but Gunner has more natural talent than Berrios. Get him on the PS
That's true, but after tonight's game it might be harder to get him to the PS that before. He had over 60 yds in PR's and more importantly looked confident catching the punt.

He's a player and I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep him out of the next game to hide him. I'd also consider the Foxboro Flu and IR him, but he really needs the reps he'd get on the PS if he is going to have a real chance to make the team in 2020

Hard to miss a tackle when the kick-out block isn't there by the time you catch the ball.

Wynn is going to hear it tomorrow morning.
James White finds a way without help all the time.
A man has got to know his limitations.

Not looking great for Pennel. But we did say the same about Jason McCourty last year, so we’ll see.

How has Cowart looked tonight?

Kamalu is pretty active when he's out there. I'd like to see him live up to his name during a sack, though. He's supposed to make Ufomba. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes