PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game 17 in 2021: Cowboys @ Pats

I don't know of any credible experts that think economic limiting factors will be what keeps us from damaging the biosphere to the point where it can't support civilization. Would appreciate any sources you could provide on that front.

My understanding of the general consensus of non-political experts on the topic, is that the only plausible ways that we don't wipe ourselves out completely is by luck, i.e. AI saves us, or much more likely that the coming catastrophe merely kills most of us and that a small number of people survive to carry on civilization. The other, extremely unlikely way we survive is by people working together to live in harmony with each other and the biosphere... worse odds than winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning on the same day.

We have been blessed with an unprecedented period of climactic, tectonic and solar stability for over 5000 years. Even if this continues and we somehow managed to stop damaging the biosphere today, the damage we've caused will still create great challenges to civilization in the immediate future.

As bleak as this sounds, I hold out hope for winning the lottery and getting struck by lightening on the same day... an occurrence far more likely than having been born.

I'll send you a PM.

I don't know of any credible experts that think economic limiting factors will be what keeps us from damaging the biosphere to the point where it can't support civilization. Would appreciate any sources you could provide on that front.

My understanding of the general consensus of non-political experts on the topic, is that the only plausible ways that we don't wipe ourselves out completely is by luck, i.e. AI saves us, or much more likely that the coming catastrophe merely kills most of us and that a small number of people survive to carry on civilization. The other, extremely unlikely way we survive is by people working together to live in harmony with each other and the biosphere... worse odds than winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning on the same day.

We have been blessed with an unprecedented period of climactic, tectonic and solar stability for over 5000 years. Even if this continues and we somehow managed to stop damaging the biosphere today, the damage we've caused will still create great challenges to civilization in the immediate future.

As bleak as this sounds, I hold out hope for winning the lottery and getting struck by lightening on the same day... an occurrence far more likely than having been born.

Tried sending you a PM but got a "you may not send a private message to Galeb" message so I'll have to figure that out later.

Tried sending you a PM but got a "you may not send a private message to Galeb" message so I'll have to figure that out later.
I think I fixed it. Not sure. If it doesn't work, thank you for trying.

A 17-game schedule is going to ****ING SUCK. Period.

C'mon NFLPA, just say NO.

A 17-game schedule is going to ****ING SUCK. Period.

C'mon NFLPA, just say NO.
They've already said yes. The CBA ratified at roughly this time last year agreed to allow the owners to do it.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back