PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gallery retires, Fiammetta leaves squad (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gallery retiring doesn't surprise me at all. As I noted in another thread, he looked old out there when he wasn't actively playing, and it looked like he had to gear up when it was going to be his turn.

Re: Gallery retires

From all accts he probably wasn't going to make the squad anyway, although he could have been camp fodder for the next few weeks.

Re: Gallery retires

Huh...I had a strange feeling he wouldn't play on the Patriots this year but I didn't see this coming.

Did Fiammetta just give up?

Gallery hasn't exactly impressed.

What does left squad mean? He just got up and quit?

OL is becoming a growing concern for me. Hope Waters comes back for one more year.

Hey, it's been a while since a vet OL retired in camp! Now it really feels like the glory years. :D

That sucks. But all reports from camp, where that he was having a bad camp. Oh well, next man up...

"Martin was cut by Green Bay on March 2, 2011 and then signed with the Giants on August 13, 2012."

WTF?! We just signed a guy who in 10 days or so is gonna sign with the Jints? :confused:

I want Kraft to get the Commish to fine them a #1 pick for this chicanery :rocker:

Gallery retiring doesn't surprise me at all. As I noted in another thread, he looked old out there when he wasn't actively playing, and it looked like he had to gear up when it was going to be his turn.

He looked lethargic and disinterested. Guy stands out in a crowd...height & hair.

What does left squad mean? He just got up and quit?

OL is becoming a growing concern for me. Hope Waters comes back for one more year.

I've got to believe now that there is an agreement of some sort with Waters otherwise he'd be on some sort of did not report list and that he is coming back. If not than it is time for concern.

I've got to believe now that there is an agreement of some sort with Waters otherwise he'd be on some sort of did not report list and that he is coming back. If not than it is time for concern.

He is on the "did not report" list.

Thought Gallery might at least stay around!

And Fia shows that there is life outside football!

Waters is on the Reserve Did Not Report List. But Belichick saying it was the same deal as OTA's and mini camp when he was excused leads everyone to assume they are just letting him take camp off. It's not great for team morale, but some of the geezers know what they have to do and that's exactly all they have the gas to do. Gallery had to be in camp to learn the offense, but he ultimately felt he wasn't going to make it through camp.

Hey, it's been a while since a vet OL retired in camp! Now it really feels like the glory years. :D

Don't you mean the glory hole years?

He is on the "did not report" list.

Well alright then that makes sense, still have to hope there is an agreement of some sort otherwise what looked like great depth a few months ago has really thinned out with the health issues of Mankins and Vollmer, Waters not reporting and the decline in play of Gallery and Koppen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes