PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Future Patriot Hall of Famers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats1989

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I am speaking specifically about the team hall of fame. Besides locks such as Brady, Kraft, Gronk, Big Vince, and BB, who do you think are candidates to make it?

My top five choices: A) Edelman B) McCourtey C) Hightower D) Seymour
E) Welker

Darkhorse: Randy Moss, and Butler
(If he sticks around long enough).

Note: I am assuming Hightower gets in due to his pure talent & how much of a difference maker he is.

Welker, " drop" or no " drop", was simply the little engine that gave this team a huge lift.

Now my buddies are debating who was the better Patriot in their primes: Law or Butler; Seymour or Bruschi.

Last edited:
Jimmy G of course

I am speaking specifically about the team hall of fame. Besides locks such as Brady, Kraft, Gronk, Big Vince, and BB, who do you think are candidates to make it?

E) Welker

I think every name in your post gets in.

Danny definitely. He's been clutch for us time and time again. Maybe not the flashiest or has the most dynamic stats, but his contributions have been huge.

Personally I thought it was great to see Clayborn get the nod. There's an entire generation of fans that forgets there was football here before '94.

Now my buddies are debating who was the better Patriot in their primes: Law or Butler; Seymour or Bruschi.

IMHO, Butler is a clear #4.

IMHO, choosing Butler over Law at this point in his career shows very poor analysis.

I would think that all except Butler will be in. As you say, the possibility of Butler requires a longer body of work.

For Randy Moss, I'd say yes. He was one of the 2 best WR's of all time, and he was great while here.

E) Welker

Note: I am assuming Hightower gets in due to his pure talent & how much of a difference maker he is.

Welker, " drop" or no " drop", was simply the little engine that gave this team a huge lift.

I'd think Mayo ought to be in there somewhere. He's 2nd all-time on the Pats in total tackles (808 in 8 seasons) behind only Bruschi (1063 in 12 seasons).

Vrabel is 4th all-time in sacks; Nink is 5th. Nink is also 3rd in fumble recoveries.

Personally I thought it was great to see Clayborn get the nod. There's an entire generation of fans that forgets there was football here before '94.
They didn't forget; they never knew in the first place.

Because Kraft goes along 100% with endless league denigration of the franchise.

The Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, and 49ers, to name a few, had exponentially longer and worse stretches of losing on the field, but they did not destroy the logos and uniforms their fans rooted for for decades, and they got to see their teams win the Super Bowl looking like themselves, instead of some other, weird, ugly enemy team.

The entire Schaefer Stadium full of Patriots fans booed the hell out of the flying elvis' prototype. Patriots haters, including Orthwein, reveled in his makeover that Kraft has kept ever since.

All you need to know about Kraft is his tearfully apologizing to the other owners and coaches on April 1, 2008, after the league and media perpetrated the greatest smear-, libel-, slander-, vilifying propaganda campaign in the history of sports.

Is Brady a lock?
And, your 2018 Patriots' Hall of Fame inductee:
3195cfa7725775d8c3d55936f672690e.jpg

I almost went nuts before I realized this was talking about the Pats HOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST