PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny demonstration of BUF futility

A lot of people talk crap about the AFC East saying that it sucks and that's why the Patriots are successful. I think they have it backwards. The rest of the AFC East "sucks" because for the last 16 years the Division Crown has been almost unattainable for them considering they have to beat out the Pats for it. The only times they managed it were in 2002 when we were still young and 2008 when Brady was hurt.

So basically they have to fight for a wild card spot and any playoff games are on the road.

Add in two extremely tough games (and often losses) every year from playing the Pats and it's tough to not "suck".

Playoff appearances since 2001:

Patriots: 15
Jets: 6
Dolphins: 3
Bills: 1

that's just not true at all. were there some people wishing such things? sure, but a lot us bills fans aren't so different than pats fans especially when we dominated the AFC including your team for a decade. Generalizations like that are ridiculous. Are the Bills some amazing football team? no. is it probable the bills beat the jags, especially with McCoy out? no. I can assure you though, that those who were excited for the Red Sox after their miserable streak can appreciate the bill's futility as well. We'll enjoy ending our streak and anything beyond making it in, is a bonus. Now we can start it's been X years since they've won a playoff game, and we can end that one sometime as well.

Congrats on home field advantage, I remember when the bills had that for so long the patriots went and got a new home field in 2002 and at that time it was irrelevant.

I've been a Pats fan since the AFL started and I was hoping to see the Bills end the streak. The fact that it came at the expense of a team from the AFCN makes it even better. I don't think there's a bigger collection of whiners as there are in that division.

I still remember how awful it felt when the Bills lost 4 in a row to the NFC during that awful AFC SB run from the 80's and 90's. I was definitely pulling for the Bills then. I hate the NFC.

Good luck in the playoffs and make the AFCE proud.

I've been a Pats fan since the AFL started and I was hoping to see the Bills end the streak. The fact that it came at the expense of a team from the AFCN makes it even better. I don't think there's a bigger collection of whiners as there are in that division.

I still remember how awful it felt when the Bills lost 4 in a row to the NFC during that awful AFC SB run from the 80's and 90's. I was definitely pulling for the Bills then. I hate the NFC.

Good luck in the playoffs and make the AFCE proud.

I remember watching the interviews directly after their second loss to the Cowboys. Jim Kelly said, "Why.....why us?". Funny but sad at the same time. On a side note the biggest controversy of the day, IIRC, was that Therman forgot his helmet. haha

over 100k from bills fans and other fans to andy dalton foundation after his touch down. also some good things have come from bills losses in sb. don beebee does never quit speeches and such across the country. bills fans brought their kids to downtown some 20yrs ago to demonstrate to their kids the proper way of doing things. there's more to it than winning and losing... especially back then. also, kyle williams.

don't know what it's like to win one, but i know what it's like to be a fan of going to 4 in a row and losing all of them and never living it down. some people say they wouldn't have gone 4 times had they won one... who knows... but the bills fan life is not the ideal one.

I could handle them beating Jax and coming to Foxboro in the divisionals, but i could also handle smashing Jennifer Lawrence and that isn't happening either.
What do you have against Jennifer Lawrence?

smash
smaSH/
verb
gerund or present participle: smashing
violently break (something) into pieces.
"the thief smashed a window to get into the car"
synonyms: break, shatter, splinter, crack, shiver;
informalbust
"he smashed a window"
  • be violently broken into pieces; shatter.
    "the glass ball smashed instantly on the pavement"
    informalbust
    "he smashed a window"
  • violently knock down or crush inward.
    "soldiers smashed down doors"
    synonyms: crash into, collide with, hit, strike, ram, smack into, slam into, plow into, run into, bump into, impact
    "they smashed into a wall"
  • crash and severely damage (a vehicle).
    "my Volvo's been smashed up"
    synonyms: crash, wreck, write off;
    informaltotal
    "she's smashed the car"
  • hit or attack (someone) very violently.
    "Donald smashed him over the head"
    synonyms: hit, strike, thump, punch, smack; More

thanks, it's been so long, that there are 20 year old buffalo fans who've never experience the POSSIBILITY of a playoff game. A joking matter for the rest of the NFL, sure, but have any of you been to buffalo or a bills game in buffalo? the tailgate even as an opponent is 2nd to none. the fans have sold out that stadium nearly endlessly for 18yrs of misery. The eldest Pats fans I know have a lot of respect for bills fans (decent bills fans anyways). I grew up there, and on monday your mood was predicated more or less on what happened to the bills on sunday. It's a bit different now with more to do and them turning the place around. I'll share this

simply GREAT GREAT VIDEO i am happy for BUF fans

What do you have against Jennifer Lawrence?

smash
smaSH/
verb
gerund or present participle: smashing
violently break (something) into pieces.
"the thief smashed a window to get into the car"
informalbust
"he smashed a window"
  • be violently broken into pieces; shatter.
    "the glass ball smashed instantly on the pavement"
    informalbust
    "he smashed a window"
  • violently knock down or crush inward.
    "soldiers smashed down doors"
    synonyms: crash into, collide with, hit, strike, ram, smack into, slam into, plow into, run into, bump into, impact
    "they smashed into a wall"
  • crash and severely damage (a vehicle).
    "my Volvo's been smashed up"
    synonyms: crash, wreck, write off;
    informaltotal
    "she's smashed the car"
  • hit or attack (someone) very violently.
    "Donald smashed him over the head"
    synonyms: hit, strike, thump, punch, smack; More

Ha! Yes, that doesn't sound good. I have made the mistake a few times here when using UK slang and people wonder what the hell I am talking about!

Smash

1. The action/process of ****ing someone good.
1a. Hittin' it
1b. Tappin that ass.
1. Damn, Keri looks good as ****!..I just wanna smash her!

A lot of people talk crap about the AFC East saying that it sucks and that's why the Patriots are successful. I think they have it backwards. The rest of the AFC East "sucks" because for the last 16 years the Division Crown has been almost unattainable for them considering they have to beat out the Pats for it. The only times they managed it were in 2002 when we were still young and 2008 when Brady was hurt.

So basically they have to fight for a wild card spot and any playoff games are on the road.

Add in two extremely tough games (and often losses) every year from playing the Pats and it's tough to not "suck".

Playoff appearances since 2001:

Patriots: 15
Jets: 6
Dolphins: 3
Bills: 1
Just to add to your post, Belichick and the Pats have only swept the division 2x, which is why I’m puzzled every year when I see so many chalk up automatic “W’s” in the win column.

Ha! Yes, that doesn't sound good. I have made the mistake a few times here when using UK slang and people wonder what the hell I am talking about!

Smash

1a. Hittin' it
1b. Tappin that ass.
We use the term over here in the states as well, although likely not as often and primarily for the 30 and under crowd.

over 100k from bills fans and other fans to andy dalton foundation after his touch down. also some good things have come from bills losses in sb. don beebee does never quit speeches and such across the country. bills fans brought their kids to downtown some 20yrs ago to demonstrate to their kids the proper way of doing things. there's more to it than winning and losing... especially back then. also, kyle williams.

don't know what it's like to win one, but i know what it's like to be a fan of going to 4 in a row and losing all of them and never living it down. some people say they wouldn't have gone 4 times had they won one... who knows... but the bills fan life is not the ideal one.

An excellent example of the long term consequence of losing and the tricks it plays on the mind..

Only in Buffalo can a lengthy 16 and done lead to this babble, I remember the days of Marv Levy and Jim Kelly and all that hope and hype.

Close only counts in horseshoes...

Smash

1a. Hittin' it
1b. Tappin that ass.
Personally I'd hope that Keri looks better than ****, and get off my lawn!

I say let the Bills Mafia party like it is 1999....:)

Just to add to your post, Belichick and the Pats have only swept the division 2x, which is why I’m puzzled every year when I see so many chalk up automatic “W’s” in the win column.
Because those people don't want facts to get in the way of a good story. Especially when it is a knee jerk retort by an anonymous person in the comment section of an article.

That's a great example of something being repeated so many times people accept it as truth. For 15+ years fans of other teams have attempted to downplay the success of the Patriots with that line. Having that so-called fact thrown out there so often, it has become accepted as truth. Even many lazy members of the national sports media don't question the validity, and repeat the line - adding more credibility to the falsehood.

At one time I had the year-by-year records of all eight divisions since the league realigned from six divisions to eight. That showed that not only was the AFC East not weak, it was one of the best divisions in the NFL over the years. For more on that subject be sure to check out this thread:

Debunking the "AFC East Sucks" Fallacy - More Dumb Numbers (stats)

that's just not true at all. were there some people wishing such things? sure, but a lot us bills fans aren't so different than pats fans especially when we dominated the AFC including your team for a decade. Generalizations like that are ridiculous. Are the Bills some amazing football team? no. is it probable the bills beat the jags, especially with McCoy out? no. I can assure you though, that those who were excited for the Red Sox after their miserable streak can appreciate the bill's futility as well. We'll enjoy ending our streak and anything beyond making it in, is a bonus. Now we can start it's been X years since they've won a playoff game, and we can end that one sometime as well.

Congrats on home field advantage, I remember when the bills had that for so long the patriots went and got a new home field in 2002 and at that time it was irrelevant.
At least you guys look good. Unlike us.
buf-13-throwback-1-620x620.jpg

An excellent example of the long term consequence of losing and the tricks it plays on the mind..

Only in Buffalo can a lengthy 16 and done lead to this babble, I remember the days of Marv Levy and Jim Kelly and all that hope and hype.

Close only counts in horseshoes...

I noticed that you and I traveled down the same road in the NYFL, starting with the Browns over the Giants until the Pats came to be.

I'm curious if you're happy for the Bills fans now and if you had any sympathy for them during their 4 SB run. I did.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back