PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From WSJ: How Technology Is Killing the D

No, what's killing the D is "points of emphasis."

Agreed. Offenses have had access to this kind of information for a long time now. The big equalizer was the defenders could say, "Okay, you know what we're going to do? Good for you. We'll just smack you in the mouth and do it anyway."

Now they can't do that without getting flagged. The equalizer is gone.

sounds like desperate click bait.

remove the 'emphasis' and stop flagging ticky tacky things (DE's pinky finger grazes QB helmet)… defenses would dominate again. its just a matter of rules and refs.

also flag offensive PI every now and then, since it happens almost every time a WR makes a catch. the reffing is so slanted in favor of offense, and its funny how it happens right after peyton got dominated in the SB

The only thing good about that article was that there was no mention of spygate.

I didnt know that the refs were replaced by robots

Refs now flags dB's for puting a hand on a wr just to locate him, and they are not impeding the receiver or anything. The flags are getting ridiculous. Scoring is becoming too easy.

The only thing good about that article was that there was no mention of spygate.

Actually, it makes Spygate way obsolete.

I find the article pretty credible, actually. What's more, I hope it's correct, because this is the kind of challenging environment that would play to BB's strengths.

Actually, it makes Spygate way obsolete.

I find the article pretty credible, actually. What's more, I hope it's correct, because this is the kind of challenging environment that would play to BB's strengths.
Besides in the hearts and minds of idiots Spygate always was.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back