PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#FreeKendrickBourne -- Should Kendrick Bourne start against Steelers in Week2?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should Kendrick Bourne start against the Steelers in Week2?

• Yes, winning is the most important thing right now

Votes: 68 89.5%
  • No, Let him stay in BB's doghouse

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess I will ask the question ...Why was Parker only targeted twice in the whole game when he was on the field for all of the snaps. I am not trying to stir the pot just dont understand it. Is it a case of well we tried twice and it did not work out too good so we will go and try something else ?
Maybe he was covered all the time by the Miami secondary ?
I think part of it is he was matched up with former All Pro and Pro Bowler Xavien Howard who played with him for 4 years and must know all his moves inside and out. I still can't believe Parker was out there for all 57 snaps. They rotate OLs to keep them fresh but let someone basically do 57 sprints (I know not exactly with running plays and such) in that heat. Sigh. I'll leave it alone now.

I think part of it is he was matched up with former All Pro and Pro Bowler Xavien Howard who played with him for 4 years and must know all his moves inside and out. I still can't believe Parker was out there for all 57 snaps. They rotate OLs to keep them fresh but let someone basically do 57 sprints (I know not exactly with running plays and such) in that heat. Sigh. I'll leave it alone now.
With all the stuff that I'm skeptical about in the KB mediathon, the 57 snaps were baffling.

The drop from Belichick to young gun will be huge. Enormous.

All I can say is that 20 years is a very long time. I'm a little embarrassed that I can even remember the ins and outs of being a fan of a team coached by Pete Carroll, or Parcells, or heaven forbid **** McPherson. I take this stuff way too seriously.

But it's really hard to come down from 20 years of dominance, and to allow a successful coach like Belichick what all successful coaches should be allowed: time to rebuild the roster.

The talent is not here yet.
Who is responsible for that ?

We splurged on free agents last year and got middling pair of veterans outside of Bourne and Judon and to a smaller extent Henry who were overpaid. Not to talk about draft busts from 2016 -2020.

We have the largest cap space for next couple of years and probably one of the best draft positions next year with a rookie QB in center with 2 years experience .

Now that's the best thing that can happen to any coach. Now can bill deliver it next year is the question? It all depends on how we finish this season. Anything less than 8 wins is going to bring increased scrutiny and below 5 wins, Kraft might be forced to take harsher decisions.

No?

Yes we do...and I don't mean any of his children either.
Bill and Red were a better combo than Tom and Bill. No?

As a father I must say that if I was put in the same situation and my kids wanted to coach, I'd find something for them.

Wow, this poor dude. Doesn't look anything like the happy, smiling KB we know. He's all nervous. Patricia destroying the joy of playing football for this dude. Turned him into a robot.
Bourne acting like an idiot this preseason wasn't Patricia's fault, it was Bourne's fault... give us a break.

The drop from Belichick to young gun will be huge. Enormous.

All I can say is that 20 years is a very long time. I'm a little embarrassed that I can even remember the ins and outs of being a fan of a team coached by Pete Carroll, or Parcells, or heaven forbid **** McPherson. I take this stuff way too seriously.

But it's really hard to come down from 20 years of dominance, and to allow a successful coach like Belichick what all successful coaches should be allowed: time to rebuild the roster.

The talent is not here yet.
For sure the drop from Belichick to anyone will be a shock.

All those ex-HCs that you mention but Tuna Crap have a fond place in my memory bank.

Football became less serious to me as my life unfolded. I do have some great memories of attending games, from Fenway to Schaefer to Gillette, with family and friends though. In all those years I only had one negative experience that occurred late in the 70's.

I'm not a big believer in the idea of a long rebuild. Every year they have a chance to restock the roster and should be able to be competitive quickly.

If the talent isn't there it's their own fault and not the fault of the talent that they did bring in.

Bourne acting like an idiot this preseason wasn't Patricia's fault, it was Bourne's fault... give us a break.
I pay to watch players, not coaches.

There's no way that that a player deserves to be benched because of acting like an idiot in preseason. That's why it's pretty obvious that something else is up. My guess is that the rumor of Patricia's fondness for Parker is real and that's why he played every down and Bourne played two.

It's still early and no time to panic, but the look isn't good right now when it comes to Patricia and Bourne.

Bill and Red were a better combo than Tom and Bill. No?

As a father I must say that if I was put in the same situation and my kids wanted to coach, I'd find something for them.

Sorry, I though you meant HC/player combo just in Pats history... I agree, Red & Russ > Bill & Tom.

a successful coach like Belichick what all successful coaches should be allowed: time to rebuild the roster.
I remain in similar mind set to the Pete Carroll period...the HC gets a rolling three season time period and if there's a downward trend across all three then you replace the coach.

I pay to watch players, not coaches.

There's no way that that a player deserves to be benched because of acting like an idiot in preseason. That's why it's pretty obvious that something else is up. My guess is that the rumor of Patricia's fondness for Parker is real and that's why he played every down and Bourne played two.

It's still early and no time to panic, but the look isn't good right now when it comes to Patricia and Bourne.
You don’t let the lunatics run the asylum, or what you end up with is a madhouse. This is real life we’re talking here, not fantasy football.

And how would you know Bourne was acting like an idiot? We’re you down in Foxboro? In the locker room?
He was late to a team meeting before a preseason game. He jumped into a fight in joint practices with Carolina and was a major instigator in a scrum that had nothing to do with him…. he ran all the way across the field to join in. This was all well documented. Teams need discipline, this isn’t fantasy football.

For sure the drop from Belichick to anyone will be a shock.

All those ex-HCs that you mention but Tuna Crap have a fond place in my memory bank.

Football became less serious to me as my life unfolded. I do have some great memories of attending games, from Fenway to Schaefer to Gillette, with family and friends though. In all those years I only had one negative experience that occurred late in the 70's.

I'm not a big believer in the idea of a long rebuild. Every year they have a chance to restock the roster and should be able to be competitive quickly.

If the talent isn't there it's their own fault and not the fault of the talent that they did bring in.
I understand what you say about the long rebuild. BUT understand the Patriots sold out for the 2019 Super Bowl.

We were strapped to the cap.

Everyone left except for Slater and McCourty, who won't be around for long.

We brought in Jonnu, Henry, Judon, Agholor and Bourne.

In the meantime, we've had 1 bad draft and 2 decent ones.

This is a rebuild. A long one.

I remain in similar mind set to the Pete Carroll period...the HC gets a rolling three season time period and if there's a downward trend across all three then you replace the coach.
Not when they are all time greats. You don't replace the greatest with Eric Bienemy.

Do you think the Ravens should replace Harbaugh if they have a losing record this year?

In 5 of the last 9 years, they've had middling records: 8-8, 5-11, 8-8, 9-7, 8-9.

Guess how many playoff games the Baltimore Ravens have won in the last 9 years?

TWO.

Not when they are all time greats. You don't replace the greatest with Eric Bienemy.

Do you think the Ravens should replace Harbaugh if they have a losing record this year?

In 5 of the last 9 years, they've had middling records: 8-8, 5-11, 8-8, 9-7, 8-9.

Guess how many playoff games the Baltimore Ravens have won in the last 9 years?

TWO.
So are you saying that if you're an "all time great" (which I'm not sure Harbaugh is BTW in comparison) you get to coach for life?

I have a different mind set. In the same way we give the players drafted basically three years to show their abilities regardless of their previous college or high school "blue chip status" - I don't have a lifetime pass I give out for the NFL.

So are you saying that if you're an "all time great" (which I'm not sure Harbaugh is BTW in comparison) you get to coach for life?

I have a different mind set. In the same way we give the players drafted basically three years to show their abilities regardless of their previous college or high school "blue chip status" - I don't have a lifetime pass I give out for the NFL.
I didn't say that.

But if you've shown over and over you can rebuild it, then it's not like hiring someone who never has.

Should Harbaugh be fired?

Also, since Marv Levy resigned 30+ years ago, the Bills went 30 years to finally find a good head coach.

They cycled through 9 of them.

Much of the NFL operates in the fashion.

Look at the 49ers after Bill Walsh.

Took them forever to find a good one

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back