PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent WR's

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Bengals WR Tee Higgins has come up more than a few times over the past couple days in the Patriots free agency thread that's currently on-going...

Took a look at the upcoming WR free Agent class... There are actually some good players on the list, much more than I originally thought... just a few names, courtesy of OTC's free agent Tracker

lTYrYJZ.jpg

Maybe feign interest in Tee Higgins, drive up his price - let other teams go after him - then target Michael Pittman in Indy... the guy is damn good... I just have some slight doubts about Higgins... Can he perform in the number 1 role? He's always had cover - except for his rookie year - by Jamarr Chase being on the field... Granted I would be elated if we could get him, just have a lingering doubt in my mind... I don't have that doubt in Pittman, who I think is just a fantastic game day performer...

who would be your preferred FA acquisition at WR?

Darnell Mooney could be a fit.

Tulane product though.

I am all in for Higgins with Pittman being the consolation... that said Higgins is a BEAST!

how is Evans only 31
Good question that's why I want no part of him now. BB the GM would be all over Evans now no thanks. :rolleyes:

Good question that's why I want no part of him now. BB the GM would be all over Evans now no thanks. :rolleyes:
I think you're right and if Bill is here that Evans is who he would target.

While I think we need to add firepower to our WRs, I do hope we try to keep Bourne as well as getting a legit WR1.

I think you're right and if Bill is here that Evans is who he would target.

While I think we need to add firepower to our WRs, I do hope we try to keep Bourne as well as getting a legit WR1.
That's why I'm on the bye BB bandwagon.
Goodbye GIF

Get one of Higgins or Pittman and take another shot at receiver in the draft.
I hope whoever is doing the drafting from now on just takes a shot at at least one WR per draft. It's like QBs. They're not always going to hit, but when they do, you're set for a while.

Between Evans, Higgins and Pittman, very good group. Evans is the best, but also most expensive and oldest. Higgins should be 2nd but has never been number 1 on his own team so fair to wonder. Pittman may be the "smart" signing. I think bringing back Bourne would be wise as well if BOB is retained, or maybe even still if not.

Bengals WR Tee Higgins has come up more than a few times over the past couple days in the Patriots free agency thread that's currently on-going...

Took a look at the upcoming WR free Agent class... There are actually some good players on the list, much more than I originally thought... just a few names, courtesy of OTC's free agent Tracker

lTYrYJZ.jpg

Maybe feign interest in Tee Higgins, drive up his price - let other teams go after him - then target Michael Pittman in Indy... the guy is damn good... I just have some slight doubts about Higgins... Can he perform in the number 1 role? He's always had cover - except for his rookie year - by Jamarr Chase being on the field... Granted I would be elated if we could get him, just have a lingering doubt in my mind... I don't have that doubt in Pittman, who I think is just a fantastic game day performer...

I’d take any of these guys for the right price…I’d only splurge on Pittman or Higgins…maybe Ridley

Btw…Is Ridley really 30 years old? For some reason I thought he was much younger than that

Pittman is getting tagged
Higgins is likely getting tagged. I think he'll be traded though
Ridley may be worth the gamble although he was inconsistent this season
Mike Evans is 31 and similar to Hopkins last year. Not sure the value in paying him big money if he has 1-2 years of WR1 ability left

If the pats want to upgrade WR it's either coming via trade or through the draft IMO

I’d take any of these guys for the right price…I’d only splurge on Pittman or Higgins…maybe Ridley

Btw…Is Ridley really 30 years old? For some reason I thought he was much younger than that
Ridley with a December Birthday will be 29 until that exact date. :)

I think I'd prefer a Trade for someone else.

What's the TE list look like?

I think I'd prefer a Trade for someone else.

What's the TE list look like?
pretty deep for free agency... including all three of our tight ends

Hunter Henry, Mike Gesicki, Pharaoh Brown, Dalton Schultz, Gerald Everett, Noah Fant, Austin Hooper, Robert Tonyan, Irv Smith Jr.

lTYrYJZ.jpg

Higgins is a question since he had so many drops and he's clearly a jump ball type.

Don't want Evans or Chark, that's for sure.

Pittman should be the target, but again he's strictly a possession slot guy.

Ridley is interesting, maybe as a cheaper version of Higgins.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back