PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Tight Ends Zach Sudfeld and Brandon Ford

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at Zach Sudfeld and Brandon Ford, you kind of have to wonder why these guys weren't drafted. Both had 40 or more catches and 8 TDs. Sudfeld actually was a finalist for the Mackey Award. Sudfeld's injury history may have been why he wasn't drafted. Ford actually led Clemson in receptions and TDs, and ran a 4.66 at his pro day. Sudfeld ran a 4.71 and a 4.74. So very respectable 40 times. It's nice to hear Sudfeld is having a good OTA.

I wonder if either of these diamonds in the rough could sneak on the team. Ford seems like a more athletic Hooman, and Sudfeld looks like he could be another Red Zone target, who's an excellent blocker as well. Great job by the Pats bringing these guys in.

Looking at Zach Sudfeld and Brandon Ford, you kind of have to wonder why these guys weren't drafted. Both had 40 or more catches and 8 TDs. Sudfeld actually was a finalist for the Mackey Award. Sudfeld's injury history may have been why he wasn't drafted. Ford actually led Clemson in receptions and TDs, and ran a 4.66 at his pro day. Sudfeld ran a 4.71 and a 4.74. So very respectable 40 times. It's nice to hear Sudfeld is having a good OTA.

I wonder if either of these diamonds in the rough could sneak on the team. Ford seems like a more athletic Hooman, and Sudfeld looks like he could be another Red Zone target, who's an excellent blocker as well. Great job by the Pats bringing these guys in.

Doubtful Sudfield is going to be blocking anyone with 11 reps on the bench. He needs to get stronger.

Gronk and AHern are roster locks.
Ballard is a semi-lock.
Nobody else is anything close to a lock.
4 TEs is likely.
5 TEs is conceivable.

Yeah, they have a chance.

How are they on STs?

We definitely have a great group of tight ends. Hopefully...we can sneak one onto the practice squad instead of being raided during cuts....by other teams....
I guess the patriots....trash ...is alot better than most teams regulars.....

Sudfield is going to make the roster. Wouldn't surprise me to see him surpass Fells and Hooman.

I was a big fan of Sudfeld. Has a bad injury history, hope he's not injury prone. Had something like 11 surgeries over the years.

I was a big fan of Sudfeld. Has a bad injury history, hope he's not injury prone. Had something like 11 surgeries over the years.

If you see interviews with Sudfeld back in his college days, he sounds like a Patriot. Loves the game, said that coaches wouldn't let TE's play, unless they were good blockers. In the highlights I saw, he's an excellent redzone target (snatches the ball away from defensers), and he was a very good blocker.

let us look at the elephant in the room, Gronk will be a PUP this year so the TE spot has an added 6 weeks of time to look at a player and see if he is worth holding on to. I doubt Sudfeld makes it to the PS so I look for him to be the final TE on the roster behind AHERN, Ballard, Fells?hooman with Gronk PUP.

let us look at the elephant in the room, Gronk will be a PUP this year so the TE spot has an added 6 weeks of time to look at a player and see if he is worth holding on to. I doubt Sudfeld makes it to the PS so I look for him to be the final TE on the roster behind AHERN, Ballard, Fells?hooman with Gronk PUP.

Could you link me to the story that says Gronk is going to pup? Thanks

Free Agent Tight Ends

Could you link me to the story that says Gronk is going to pup? Thanks
This site is thinking this. I can't believe all the nonsense spewed about gronk, he will be fine and destroying defenses come week 1. But apparently he will be on pup.

Gints JPP having similar disc surgery; expected to play game one.

I think wait and see what happens. If Gronk is still on the sidelines bike in late August, he's likely going on PUP. Assuming he's still alive, that is.

This site is thinking this. But apparently he will be on pup.

LOL at the idea that this site ever has a consensus about anything. Yes, there are some posters who are suggesting that PUP makes sense. There are also many who are suggesting that they'll carry him on the 53 while he gets into game shape, and that he may be available a lot sooner than PUP would allow.

But his absence does open up opportunity for youngsters who otherwise wouldn't be getting as many reps in camp, which is the silver lining here.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back