PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 TE/PTP Thread

No.TE in round one isn't a great idea in general imo. There's like 5-6 that really matter and can change a game. You should be able to get good bang for your buck in rounds 2-4.

Round 1 is for QB, Tackle, DL, DB imo. WR I guess. Top 10 is exclusively for QB or a freak of nature type pick.

I love Pitts but he'll get over-drafted. TE just doesn't move the needle or really translate into big impact right away. You can find similar production and when you look at usage you're always throwing to WR more.
You are the truth sir. I will be frequenting this board alot from now till April.. looking for this daily dose of relevant info to keep me engaged. Keep it up!

You are the truth sir. I will be frequenting this board alot from now till April.. looking for this daily dose of relevant info to keep me engaged. Keep it up!
Appreciate it. Finishing up the PTP big board tonight.

Is the tight end from pen state out for the year?

I could agree with you, but he'll still go high

Would love in NE

I watched him in a game a few weeks ago. He made a long catch but got caught short of the goal line,

on the next play, he missed a block and it resulted in a big negative play.

whoever drafts him is basically drafting potential that will need to be developed.

I watched him in a game a few weeks ago. He made a long catch but got caught short of the goal line,

on the next play, he missed a block and it resulted in a big negative play.
That pretty much sums up Penn State's season.......

Has anybody seen the tight end for Iowa state play?

Has anybody seen the tight end for Iowa state play?
Yes sir! That’s my alum, so I always have an input on their guys.

He had his best game of the year vs. Texas last weekend. He had previously not had as much success this year as he did last year, however injuries have played a part in that.

Really like the kid. Needs to prove himself more in the blocking area as he just isn’t utilized in the blocking game as much. Iowa State’s TE group is 3 deep, Soehner and Allen get utilized more for blocking. Really great red zone option, can make contested catches. Also proving to be deceptively quick the more I’ve watched him.

He’s not gonna be TE1 in this class, I think he could use more development at the next level. More of a round 3 guy. But we’ve seen the likes of Kelce and Kittle be mid round guys who end up developing their skills to become elite at the next level. Kolar definitely has that type of frame/skillset if he can develop along the way.

Yes sir! That’s my alum, so I always have an input on their guys.

He had his best game of the year vs. Texas last weekend. He had previously not had as much success this year as he did last year, however injuries have played a part in that.

Really like the kid. Needs to prove himself more in the blocking area as he just isn’t utilized in the blocking game as much. Iowa State’s TE group is 3 deep, Soehner and Allen get utilized more for blocking. Really great red zone option, can make contested catches. Also proving to be deceptively quick the more I’ve watched him.

He’s not gonna be TE1 in this class, I think he could use more development at the next level. More of a round 3 guy. But we’ve seen the likes of Kelce and Kittle be mid round guys who end up developing their skills to become elite at the next level. Kolar definitely has that type of frame/skillset if he can develop along the way.

after looking at the tape of the Texas game, I thought kolar did a decent job of blocking. A couple of times he moved the Texas defensive end off the line of scrimmage. He got after it pretty good.

he ran decent routes and had sticky hands.

durability could be a problem.

after looking at the tape of the Texas game, I thought kolar did a decent job of blocking. A couple of times he moved the Texas defensive end off the line of scrimmage. He got after it pretty good.

he ran decent routes and had sticky hands.

durability could be a problem.
Yep. Little early to tell on that front. Not exactly the issues Gronk had coming out, but still has to be seen.

Injury issues were early this season, still unsure what the issue was exactly. Only missed one game from it.

Draft Pat Freiermuth. First round if necessary. But a trade down is preferable.

And take a late round pick—if Bill can stop pissing them away a la the Isaiah Ford trade with the Phins—and take Tony Poljan who has elite size, who is an above average athlete, and transfered to Virginia from Central Michigan after a couple of seasons trying to be a QB.
Tony Poljan

Our current TE group is perhaps the worst in our franchise history.
I can remember a Hasselbeck backing up “all world” Russ Francis.

Hasselbeck was better than anyone we have now.

Try to defend yourself, Belichick. You ignored the position for years in the draft—two years ago was egregious—then reached this past year by giving too much in your trade ups.

Draft Pat Freiermuth. First round if necessary. But a trade down is preferable.

And take a late round pick—if Bill can stop pissing them away a la the Isaiah Ford trade with the Phins—and take Tony Poljan who has elite size, who is an above average athlete, and transfered to Virginia from Central Michigan after a couple of seasons trying to be a QB.
Tony Poljan
Frieirmuth would thrive here

Really amazing how many TEs BB has passed on, even with 87, he was always banged up and obviously the AH situation

Want Kyle Pitts in the 1st.

I think Tommy Tremble would be a solid mid-late round pick. He's a hell of a blocker, NFL ready in that area. Inconsistent hands but pretty good athleticism. Little bit of YAC ability. Great intensity and work ethic.

He has some potential in that Swiss army knife role.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back